Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Covid vaccine while pregnant?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Would you get the Covid vaccine if you were pregnant?
Yes  
 11%  [ 13 ]
No, but I would if I wasn’t pregnant  
 33%  [ 37 ]
No, but I wouldn’t either way  
 54%  [ 59 ]
Total Votes : 109

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:03 pm
I apologize if there’s another thread like this.
I recently started to TTC and while I wouldn’t hesitate to get the Covid vaccine, I read an article in Mishpacha where the expert they talked to was all for the vaccine but wasn’t sure about pregnant women. There’s obviously little research about the affects on the fetus... any thoughts?
(Please don’t tell me not to vaccinate bc things unrelated to pregnancy)

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:06 pm
I don’t believe they are giving it to pregnant woman yet .

Einikel

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:09 pm
https://instagram.com/mamadoct.....gj3rd

Check out the Covid vaccine highlight

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:12 pm
Einikel wrote:
https://instagram.com/mamadoctorjones?igshid=1rg22n0ugj3rd

Check out the Covid vaccine highlight

Can you post it? I don’t use instagram

peacenine

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:13 pm
I understand that it's not recommended for pregnant woman or women trying to conceive.

number

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:17 pm
Do you work in healthcare? What country are you in? This isn’t a choice most of us even have because we aren’t eligible due to age and profession. And as I understand it pregnant women wouldn’t be eligible anytime soon.

Einikel

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you post it? I don’t use instagram

She als has a YouTube video

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:19 pm
number wrote:
Do you work in healthcare? What country are you in? This isn’t a choice most of us even have because we aren’t eligible due to age and profession. And as I understand it pregnant women wouldn’t be eligible anytime soon.

This . I was vaccinated and I needed to answer that I’m not currently pregnant on the consent form.

I don’t know where you’re located though ....

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:21 pm
Puah is currently doing a webinar on this topic. Puahfertility.org

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:22 pm
I’m torn. I’m currently trying to conceive and, if I’m not pregnant by the time I’m offered the vaccine, I will definitely take it in a heartbeat. However, if I am already pregnant, I’m not sure. I consider the risk to be really minimal based on what we think should happen with a vaccine like this, but the reality is there’s no data to back that up (or disprove it). I also consider getting Covid to be a serious risk during pregnancy, so part of my calculation is how likely that is. If I were a frontline healthcare worker, I’d get the vaccine even while pregnant. If I could fully isolate, everyone working or doing school from home, I wouldn’t take it while pregnant. My reality, like most people’s, is between those two. It’s a judgement call that I probably won’t make unless I’m in that situation.

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:24 pm
I would do it if I wasn’t expecting but since I am now iyH I’ll take it after the baby is born

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:25 pm
Many pregnant healthcare workers have already gotten it. My hospital OBGYN and NICU advised that its safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women. ACOG says there isn’t a reason that pregnant and breastfeeding women shouldn’t get it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:25 pm
peacenine wrote:
I understand that it's not recommended for pregnant woman or women trying to conceive.

I never heard of it not being recommended for women trying to conceive

Sad shoot

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Einikel

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:26 pm
peacenine wrote:

From what I’ve heard it’s not contraindicated but some hospitals or healthcare facilities aren’t giving it to pregnant women.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:29 pm
TravelHearter wrote:

Sad shoot

It’s not, don’t worry. Look up ACOG vaccine statement.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:32 pm
number wrote:

In education and could get it in a couple of weeks iyH potentially
US

number

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:32 pm
TravelHearter wrote:

Sad shoot

Go on short term bc? It’s because they have no clue how the vaccine would impact a potential fetus ...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:33 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I’m torn. I’m currently trying to conceive and, if I’m not pregnant by the time I’m offered the vaccine, I will definitely take it in a heartbeat. However, if I am already pregnant, I’m not sure. I consider the risk to be really minimal based on what we think should happen with a vaccine like this, but the reality is there’s no data to back that up (or disprove it). I also consider getting Covid to be a serious risk during pregnancy, so part of my calculation is how likely that is. If I were a frontline healthcare worker, I’d get the vaccine even while pregnant. If I could fully isolate, everyone working or doing school from home, I wouldn’t take it while pregnant. My reality, like most people’s, is between those two. It’s a judgement call that I probably won’t make unless I’m in that situation.

Honestly at this point I rather not ttc and just wait to get it rather than isolate while pregnant
I’m not desperate to get pregnant I just went off BC

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:35 pm
number wrote:
Go on short term bc? It’s because they have no clue how the vaccine would impact a potential fetus ...

Not totally true. Some women in the Pfizer study got pregnant after the first dose. They’re being followed.

gande

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:37 pm
NO I wouldnt. There are books full of stuff pregnant woman should not do/eat/take because it there is no data proving it is safe. Why is it different now with a brand new vaccine? Makes no sense.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics