Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Covid vaccine while pregnant?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Would you get the Covid vaccine if you were pregnant?
Yes  
 11%  [ 13 ]
No, but I would if I wasn’t pregnant  
 33%  [ 37 ]
No, but I wouldn’t either way  
 54%  [ 59 ]
Total Votes : 109

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:16 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
My ob , who’s well respected, told me to take it if offered since I’m in a high risk setting , and the disease is definitely worse than the caccin

And how does he know this since there were no studies of the vaccine on pregnant people?we don’t know what it can do to the baby in the womb

mig100

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 12:11 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
And how does he know this since there were no studies of the vaccine on pregnant people?we don’t know what it can do to the baby in the womb

They know it doesnt cross the placenta. Simple

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 12:58 am
There was a letter in Mishpacha this week explaining the science of this particular vaccine and why it shouldn’t affect pregnancy

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 5:47 am
mig100 wrote:
They know it doesnt cross the placenta. Simple

That's nice. At the end if the day they haven't ever tested their theory out. So it's very possible they are right but the human body is complex and it's not possible to be sure until it's tested.

The vaccine affects the rest of your body which is supporting the placenta. It's impossible to know if there's detrimental affects.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:54 am
LovesHashem wrote:
That's nice. At the end if the day they haven't ever tested their theory out. So it's very possible they are right but the human body is complex and it's not possible to be sure until it's tested.

The vaccine affects the rest of your body which is supporting the placenta. It's impossible to know if there's detrimental affects.

What do you mean “affects the rest of your body”?? This isn’t accurate at all. The vaccine material doesn’t stay in your body more than a day. It teaches your immune system to recognize the protein spike present in coronavirus. Then your immune system will attack if you’re exposed to that particular protein. This doesn’t “affect the rest of your body.” Please stop spreading false information.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:02 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
What do you mean “affects the rest of your body”?? This isn’t accurate at all. The vaccine material doesn’t stay in your body more than a day. It teaches your immune system to recognize the protein spike present in coronavirus. Then your immune system will attack if you’re exposed to that particular protein. This doesn’t “affect the rest of your body.” Please stop spreading false information.

I'm not spreading false information. If vaccines don't affect the body at all why do some people have bad reactions or get really big issues from vaccines? I'm not an anti-vaxxer but yes vaccines do cause issues with a small percentage of people.

Why are many doctors still saying not to get it?

Why did the vaccine need to be tested at all on humans if we understand this is how it works and there won't be detrimental affects?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:08 am
LovesHashem wrote:
I'm not spreading false information. If vaccines don't affect the body at all why do some people have bad reactions or get really big issues from vaccines? I'm not an anti-vaxxer but yes vaccines do cause issues with a small percentage of people.

Why did the vaccine need to be tested at all on humans if we understand this is how it works and there won't be detrimental affects?

It’s misinformation because it’s an assumption.
The vaccine wasn’t tested on pregnant women, that’s why many drs aren’t recommending it. They don’t want the liability in the event that there are adverse effects.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:11 am
LovesHashem wrote:

Most drs I’ve been speaking to highly recommend it. Not sure who you’re getting your info from.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:25 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
It’s misinformation because it’s an assumption.
The vaccine wasn’t tested on pregnant women, that’s why many drs aren’t recommending it. They don’t want the liability in the event that there are adverse effects.

Not sure that's how vaccines work. Anyone can have a adverse reaction and I don't think that allows you to sue your doctor.

You and the doctors recommending it are assuming nothing will go wrong. That's also assuming.

Better safe than sorry.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:26 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Most drs I’ve been speaking to highly recommend it. Not sure who you’re getting your info from.

If they recommended you take a medication that wasn't tested on pregnant women you would take that as well?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:32 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Not sure that's how vaccines work. Anyone can have a adverse reaction and I don't think that allows you to sue your doctor.

You and the doctors recommending it are assuming nothing will go wrong. That's also assuming.

Better safe than sorry.

Please share which “many doctors” because I work in a top hospital and all our OBGYN and NICU doctors are recommending it, pregnant or breastfeeding.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:42 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Please share which “many doctors” because I work in a top hospital and all our OBGYN and NICU doctors are recommending it, pregnant or breastfeeding.

The doctors where I live in Israel. I know pregnant women working in healthcare who are getting it after giving birth.

OBGYNs are not experts in COVID and vaccines. I know the OBGYN's in Israel aren't recommending it.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:47 am
LovesHashem wrote:

Better safe than sorry.

Oh I’m definitely not recommending it. I’m also not recommending getting pregnant with Covid as a risk.
If someone is pregnant and has a high risk of catching Covid, ie healthcare worker, it’s probably worth it to risk getting the vaccine.
I haven’t given it much thought because I’m not in this situation. I don’t know what I’d do besides for keeping my iud in for the next couple months.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:48 am
Maybe ask Dr. Gregory Michael, an obigyn in Miami who died after the vaccine from a brain bleed due to ITP. Oops.Sorry. That can happen to anyone pregnant or not from a vaccine. I know a kid it happened to. He survived but is deaf in one ear.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:29 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Maybe ask Dr. Gregory Michael, an obigyn in Miami who died after the vaccine from a brain bleed due to ITP. Oops.Sorry. That can happen to anyone pregnant or not from a vaccine. I know a kid it happened to. He survived but is deaf in one ear.

It can happen to anyone, vaccine or not. So can a heart attack, stroke, allergic reaction, headache, etc. Whats your point? This isn’t statistically significant and the coroner hasn’t even released a report yet.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:32 am
LovesHashem wrote:
The doctors where I live in Israel. I know pregnant women working in healthcare who are getting it after giving birth.

OBGYNs are not experts in COVID and vaccines. I know the OBGYN's in Israel aren't recommending it.

I’m quite surprised that the doctors in Israel aren’t recommending it for pregnant women, given the caliber of medicine and intelligence of Israeli researchers and doctors.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:47 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

Not everything that happens after a vaccine can be attributed to the vaccine. That's why they need to look into it carefully to find a possible link. A certain percentage of the population will experience this regardless of vaccination. The question is whether or not in his case the vaccine directly or indirectly contributed in any way.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:55 am
But if someone died of a heart attack and tested positive for covid-19, it's considered a death from covid-19 even though anybody can get one etc.
Sounds like a double standard.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What kind of doctor? If she’s getting exposed that gets taken into account of which is the lesser of two evils

You really got weigh the risks here. Most pregnant women who contracted COVID seemed not to be more adversely affected than the rest of the population, and all babies born did pretty well too. If someone is in a high risk category, then that is something to consider. But otherwise, I can't understand why a pregnant women would knowingly inject an untested (for long term) product into their systems.

Drugs that have been pulled from the market were considered safe until they were suddenly not. Doctors recommended these very drugs/injections until they suddenly stopped. No one can say with certainty that the CV vaccine doesn't have long term effects as its a total unknown. And even more so, no one can say with solid confidence that it would have no effect on a fetus especially in the critical first trimester. So if you're not in any high risk category, why even consider the risk?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:07 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
But if someone died of a heart attack and tested positive for covid-19, it's considered a death from covid-19 even though anybody can get one etc.
Sounds like a double standard.

“Double standards” don’t exist in science. It’s either caused by it or not.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics