Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Erev shabbos MM
1  2  3  Next

s.rosie

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 4:25 am
Anyone have any good simple ideas for Mishloach Manos this year. I really want to give something with more then just sweets and chocolates- something that people can actually enjoy! As its erev shabbos was thinking to include a challah, any other ideas?

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:48 am
Dips.
Kugel. Like Yerushalmi
Cheese cake/kokosh shabbos breakfast.
Wine

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:24 am
Challah and dips
Potato kugel
Deli roll

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:29 am
Challah and wine

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:20 am
I would davka stay away from challah and tiny kugels this year. You can bet everyone else will be giving the same thing. How many do you want to receive?

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:25 am
With corona do you think ppl will keep home cooked items.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:26 am
You can do a deli salad, or another kind of salad. Put dressing on the side.
Or you can do Nosh, and say its shabbos party.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:30 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

I think this year is an excellent time to get back to the mitzvah of mm all together. Time crunch, erev shabbos, seuda, delivering mm... this is the year to remember the mitzvah is to give 2 mm. So pick those two, give specially made mm to people catered to what you know they will eat (which is what we are supposed to be doing anyway) and get back to the mitzvos of the day.

clowny

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:01 am
I personally think that anything related to shabbos is not useful. Nobody is relying on it and from past experiences it ends up going to the trash.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:03 am
Maybe do something for melava malka. I am thinking of doing a soup like I did last year and say its for melava malka.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:04 am
This year perhaps ginger and vitamin C
(And I wish it was a Purim joke.)

clowny

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:07 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Maybe do something for melava malka. I am thinking of doing a soup like I did last year and say its for melava malka.

And do you send enough soup to feed a family of 8? Or you only send mm to smaller families, say a family of 4?
And do they know that you’ll be sending this? Because if not it is very likely not much appreciated.

keym

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:14 am
I've been doing challa and mini grape juice for the past 5 years. I've gotten lots of comments that people appreciate it. I think I'll do it again.

Reality

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:34 am
clowny wrote:
And do you send enough soup to feed a family of 8? Or you only send mm to smaller families, say a family of 4?
And do they know that you’ll be sending this? Because if not it is very likely not much appreciated.

Why so negative?

I've done home made soup and it was very appreciated. Obviously, not enough to feed a large family but it can be stuck in the freezer until needed.

I've also done challah or challah rolls and kugel. All appreciated by most people on my list!!

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:44 am
clowny wrote:

Wow are you negative!! I have done soup 5 times in the past and sent enough for about 4 ppl. I get tons of compliments whenever I do it. I am.not insulted if you choose to dump.it though.

When you send mm do you send each family enough for 8-10 ppl??? (Whether its real food or nosh)

clowny

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:57 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Wow are you negative!! I have done soup 5 times in the past and sent enough for about 4 ppl. I get tons of compliments whenever I do it. I am.not insulted if you choose to dump.it though.

When you send mm do you send each family enough for 8-10 ppl??? (Whether its real food or nosh)

I’m so sorry.
I’m not being negative at all. In fact I think you’re not being too nice by jumping on me, I’m really trying to understand this. Because if I cooked a pot of soup for my family of 9, what in the world would I do with a container of soup that feeds a family of 4? Please enlighten me.
And receiving nosh or even 2 cupcakes which is just extra is a little different than receive soup.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:04 am
clowny wrote:
I’m so sorry.
I’m not being negative at all. In fact I think you’re not being too nice by jumping on me, I’m really trying to understand this. Because if I cooked a pot of soup for my family of 9, what in the world would I do with a container of soup that feeds a family of 4? Please enlighten me.
And receiving nosh or even 2 cupcakes which is just extra is a little different than receive soup.

Look if you have no use for it you can dump it as I said...or you can freeze it and use for someone's lunch one day, etc. Its a little ridiculous to think someone would send soup or any "main" for so many ppl. Most people I know, had no problems with it and were very happy to receive what I gave. Do you feel the same to someone who gives a small salad, a challah roll, a hot dog, etc.

And by the way, if I was close to you I knew that you would eat it, I have given people a few mm so they had enough....

miami85

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:05 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

I think by now you know if you've had it, have been exposed or can get tested to know for sure. Baking kills germs--that's why we do it.

I've gotten plenty of items from neighbors who have had/exposed to corona and haven't been affected by it. If there is any doubt leave things sitting for a while or warm them up--like a kugel/soup etc. or something, will kill any virus.

clowny

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:11 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Look if you have no use for it you can dump it as I said...or you can freeze it and use for someone's lunch one day, etc. Its a little ridiculous to think someone would send soup or any "main" for so many ppl. Most people I know, had no problems with it and were very happy to receive what I gave. Do you feel the same to someone who gives a small salad, a challah roll, a hot dog, etc.

And by the way, if I was close to you I knew that you would eat it, I have given people a few mm so they had enough....

I agree, I think it’s ridiculous to send for so many people, that is why I said in a previous post that I think sending something related to shabbos is useful. Just my opinion.
I don’t feel the same about a salad. Because a salad is an extra thing. Whoever likes it will eat it. Challah roll? Is a little different. There are 2 big fresh challahs on the table that I just baked. Why would someone choose the small non home made challah roll?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:14 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

Was waiting for someone to turn this into a corona thread...,

We would all be very pleased in my neighborhood to receive something homemade and fresh btw!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics