Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Illustrator for books

yummydd

Post Tue, Mar 04 2008, 4:36 pm
Anyone know a good childrens book illustrator? Looking forward to hearing all your suggestions!

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Mar 04 2008, 5:03 pm
I always wanted to illustrate. I'd do it if I knew I'd have time. what's the book about?

queen

Post Tue, Mar 04 2008, 8:13 pm
He's VERY VERY talented.
but I mean VERY talented in illustrations.

Chanan Baer
(410) 486-4937

Earnest

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 9:21 am
Hire me. Send me the manuscript, I'll draw some comps and mail them to you. If you like them, I'll take the job. I'm an emerging artist, turning 'pro'. My teachers at School of Visual Arts and Pratt have raved about my work. My DH who has supported my passion for illustration has lovingly pushed me out of the nest, noticing that a fledgling bird has to test her wings. Gimme the chance, I've got a work ethic, and I draw and paint with style, wit, and persuasion (and as realistic as my customer needs;) I'm very good with pen and ink, which is the least expensive to print. My phone number is 718-484-7038 and you can PM me.

Earnest

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 10:21 am
I want to congratulate myself for going out for my first interview in childrens book illustration! After I showed my previous artwork to the publisher, she asked me to show her drawings that demonstrate my ability to render emotions. (Fair enough. I should be capable - I took Human Expressions twice with Prof. Camhy at the School of Visual Arts.) So, on the spot, she supplied me with some paper and crayons and I did a very good job in drawing an emotional child! She liked my work, and scanned it to the writer. No, I did not get the job. But I got a very nice, personal, rejection letter, which is actually a positive thing-not a form letter. Plus, she was impressed with my work and my writing skills (I added some 'copy' of my own to the story). In the industry, you generally get quite a few rejection letters before you land your first job, so I half-expected it. But I had the courage to put myself on the line, and I'm motivated to go 'back to the drawing board' and re-write and re-draw a comic book I made 10 years ago for my son's Bar Mitzvah. PS I'm still fishing for jobs. My user name is Earnest in imamother and my phone number is still 718-484-7038,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics