Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Torontonians, is this photo of people walking their dog real
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
White

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To me it looks like white leash is very naturally sagging in certain areas, this would be very hard to draw.

"Hard to draw"?? I can't figure out if you are joking or just clueless.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:27 pm
Is it just me or does the leash look like it's made out of toilet paper? LOL

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:30 pm
A quick reverse image search easily pulls up the original photo Smile

amother
White

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:35 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
A quick reverse image search easily pulls up the original photo Smile

Thanks! Isn't that the Skverrer Rebbe?

estreya

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:42 pm
Somebody obvs made a meme out of it. In Montreal now, we are on a curfew from 8PM to 5AM for a month to control outbreaks of COVID.

The only reason you are allowed out is to 1. go/come from work; 2. medical emergency; 3. walk your dog within a 1 kilometre distance.

Hence, the joke about them walking a dog....

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:43 pm
Maybe there's more information here - it was from this article from the University of Montreal:

http://quartierlibre.ca/la-com.....mont/

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:32 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
Maybe there's more information here - it was from this article from the University of Montreal:

http://quartierlibre.ca/la-com.....mont/

c'est un article très intéressant mais biaisé

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 6:52 pm
I’ve see this picture. First of all, it’s about Montreal.
Toronto is allowing walking for exercise purposes, not only walking your dog.

Second of all, it’s a JOKE! Laugh a little! That’s all you can do in this crazy time.

Crazy story: a young girl in Toronto was holding school books and walking to her class that was taking place in a basement. A police officer stopped her and asked her where she was going. This smart 13 year old had her head on her shoulders and said she’s going to her sister to help her with her kids. The officer asked her, then why are you holding books? So she answered that she has school over the phone. The police car then proceeded to FOLLOW her to the house to see if she’s speaking the truth. Smart girl that she is, she didn’t walk to the house she was supposed to go to. She walked two blocks to a family member so they shouldn’t keep an eye on that house.

Tell me if this is normal?!

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 6:55 pm
It's photoshopped but not drawn. Someone took took a picture of frum people walking and cut out leashes from somewhere else and a dog from a third place, then they placed it all together in one picture.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:07 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Say this picture was 100% real.

You'd be mad at the people walking the dog?

You should direct your anger at the government for creating such awful laws!

This picture is supposed to depicit the ridiculousness of the law!

I don't think its a ridiculous law.

That said, who made the image?

If it was someone out of the community, it looks anti-semitic to me, suggesting that its Jews (or a certain type of Jew) who looks for ridiculous loopholes.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:08 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Yup, and a non-Jewish couple were ticketed 3000$ for breaking curfew. The wife was "walking" her husband on a leash.
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/qu.....62178

Not fair they were ticketed. In Canada it's perfectly legal for a man to say he identifies as a woman. Why couldn't the man on the leash say he identifies as a dog?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:13 pm
Actually, those "leashes" look like white gartels to me. Probably photoshopped from some mitzvah tanz picture or something.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

If it was someone out of the community, it looks anti-semitic to me, suggesting that its Jews (or a certain type of Jew) who looks for ridiculous loopholes.

She means the ridiculousness of the fact that humans can’t walk on the street, unless your walking a dog. Comprender?

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:55 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

I know the person who made it. She isn't Jewish, but she meant it in good fun.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:03 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
She means the ridiculousness of the fact that humans can’t walk on the street, unless your walking a dog. Comprender?

It's hardly ridiculous. This might come as a shock, but Quebecers are largely happy to do what it takes to control the spread of the virus. In order to keep schools open, social interactions had to be minimized through other restrictions. The curfew is designed to curb private gatherings in the evening and night hours. People traveling to/from work, medical emergencies and dog-walking are all understandably exempt.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:04 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Thanks! Isn't that the Skverrer Rebbe?

No it's not.

number

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:11 pm
estreya wrote:
The only reason you are allowed out is to 1. go/come from work; 2. medical emergency; 3. walk your dog within a 1 kilometre distance.

Hence, the joke about them walking a dog....
Wouldnt it be easier to claim you’re going to or from a job? Unless you work set hours in which case that obviously wouldn’t work

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:18 pm
You need to show proof that you are going to or from work, and that you work in an 'essential' work-place. Employers have been providing proof to employees, to show when stopped, in addition to ID cards and such.

Bh I'm happy to comply, as long as schools stay open.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:19 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

Oui, je le conprends bien. Mais je pense toujours que ce n'est pas ridicule. Les chiens doivent être promus la nuit, pas des hommes.

J'ai conservé un petit peu de mon français de lycée. Although I'm pretty sure that the "compreder" is intended to be condescending. And that they don't speak Spanish in Montreal.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:20 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I know the person who made it. She isn't Jewish, but she meant it in good fun.

Why would she pick people who are noticably and indentifiably Jewish. Actually, not only Jewish, but of a group that is clearly "different" and "unusual" to most people?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics