Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Kosher edibles
Previous  1  2  3  4

Would you buy kosher edibles
Yes  
 32%  [ 69 ]
No  
 67%  [ 146 ]
Total Votes : 215

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 10:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, I didn't. Why do you ask?

I'm interested in getting ready made edibles. Making them at home would stink up the kitchen and could easily come out wrong dosage wise

nicole81

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 11:12 pm
No. Aside from the fact that marijuana induces panic attacks for me most of the time, so I'd stay away anyway, I would not purchase such a product even if I wanted it for the following reasons:
- I don't know you
- I don't know the quality of the marijuana that you'd be using
- I would not purchase from anyone who did not test their product for lacing
- There is no set dosing when it comes to edibles and it's very easy to go dangerously overboard
- I'm sure you're not a doctor or scientist who has meticulous studied the extraction of THC in different amounts and it's effect on different genders, body weights, etc
- It's basically like buying a product that might be ok, might be great, but you also hope it doesn't make you sick or give you one of the worst nights in your life. Why bother?
- Edibles blur the lines with kids. It's easy for kids to understand the alcohol cabinet is only for adults and special occasions, but you can't expect your kid to buy into the idea that these candies, brownies, etc are just for grownups. So then what; we normalize it for our kids?!
- I don't purchase from people not under hashgacha

I'd love to open a Saturday night pizza business but unless I can get rabbinical backing I wouldn't dare. And I'm talking straight up pizza. The only herbs you may consume would be basil or oregano.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 11:17 pm
Never. No drugs for me. Have no interest.

sarab613

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 11:24 pm
If someone is responsible about it, it's the same as having a glass of wine.
It's actually natural. Hashem was the one who put it into the world for us to enjoy. We just have to use it in moderation.
(I wouldn't smoke weed because that damages a person's lungs, but I would definitely buy some kosher edibles)
OP let us know if you ever start the business

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 11:27 pm
I think that a lot of the women that are saying "no way absolutely not" just have it ingrained that "drugs" is something deadly. I doubt many of them have first hand experience with it or realize that marijuana is NOT the same as drugs.
Yes there are hardcore drugs that are very dangerous but marijuana edibles are definitely not in that category.
It's like comparing Advil to Prozac

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 12:01 am
sarab613 wrote:
It's actually natural. Hashem was the one who put it into the world for us to enjoy. We just have to use it in moderation.
(I wouldn't smoke weed because that damages a person's lungs, but I would definitely buy some kosher edibles)

Consuming edibles has the potential to be more dangerous than smoking marijuana. You have no idea how much of the product is in the food ,while when smoking you can measure your intake. Edibles take longer to feel the effects so people will consume more than they can handle because they haven’t stated feeling it yet .

Heroin, cocaine and poisonous mushrooms are also natural. I still wouldn’t use them with the mindset that Hashem put them in the world to be enjoyed.

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 12:04 am
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
I think that a lot of the women that are saying "no way absolutely not" just have it ingrained that "drugs" is something deadly. I doubt many of them have first hand experience with it or realize that marijuana is NOT the same as drugs.
Yes there are hardcore drugs that are very dangerous but marijuana edibles are definitely not in that category.

In the past few months, there have been batches of weed found laced with fentanyl.

Years ago I would have said that marijuana is not “considered a drug”. It’s important to realize that today’s marijuana that’s being sold/ distributed from dealers and weed trucks is not the same marijuana as it used to be .

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 12:05 am
nicole81 wrote:
No. Aside from the fact that marijuana induces panic attacks for me most of the time, so I'd stay away anyway, I would not purchase such a product even if I wanted it for the following reasons:
- I don't know you
- I don't know the quality of the marijuana that you'd be using
- I would not purchase from anyone who did not test their product for lacing
- There is no set dosing when it comes to edibles and it's very easy to go dangerously overboard
- I'm sure you're not a doctor or scientist who has meticulous studied the extraction of THC in different amounts and it's effect on different genders, body weights, etc
- It's basically like buying a product that might be ok, might be great, but you also hope it doesn't make you sick or give you one of the worst nights in your life. Why bother?
- Edibles blur the lines with kids. It's easy for kids to understand the alcohol cabinet is only for adults and special occasions, but you can't expect your kid to buy into the idea that these candies, brownies, etc are just for grownups. So then what; we normalize it for our kids?!
- I don't purchase from people not under hashgacha

I'd love to open a Saturday night pizza business but unless I can get rabbinical backing I wouldn't dare. And I'm talking straight up pizza. The only herbs you may consume would be basil or oregano.

You summed it up very well.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 8:25 am

Nicole81's post at the top of this page was very thoughtful.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 9:40 am

Nope I grew up non Jewish and converted after High school. Tried drugs. I don't feel the need for them or alcohol even though I've used them in my teen years.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 7:16 pm
sarab613 wrote:

Lol, not sure how I found this old thread.
I grew up non frum,my friends used things like weed, opiates, heroin, meth, MDMA, lsd, mushrooms. Everything that could be injected or smoked or sniffed or put inside of you to feel high.
Few of those ppl died already from usage/alcoholism.
I had many junkies- friends. They all excused drug usage saying stuff like "we are actually doing world a favor, we destroy the evil(using it)" .
They read different books promoting "responsible usage" lifestyle, where older addicts tried to persuade that you can use drugs all your life, and it won't impact you, if you are careful.

This is wrong logic. Hashem put many things in the world, they might feel good, but they are dangerous and can cost you life. This is the purpose of yetzer hara exactly-if drugs felt bad, who would use them?
Now, I don't compare weed to heroin. But the world of drug usage is a different world from the Torah environment. Those people who say that weed is harmless and it's natural and made for enjoyment, don't really understand what they are talking about. I hope you never hanged out with people who are using drugs, and don't understand this culture. We don't know why Hashem put things in the world and for what purpose, and claiming that something is made for enjoyment and is harmless, when it is not harmless, is a bad logic.

Life of pursuing high is opposite of life of torah in it's core. I hope you never become looking for highs thinking Hashem put it there for you to enjoy.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 8:32 pm
I'm trying not to be rude but I'm still angry about the time my two year old almost ate an edible because some nut thought it'd be a fun idea to bring it to shul shabbos morning. He left the tray right where the regular cookies used to be and the only reason we didn't eat from it is because there were only a few crumbs left. Baruch hashem I watched my kid that DC shouldn't eat crumbs but can you imagine they or another child would've roamed around as kids do? The following week we were told someone had been hospitalized who had eaten from such brownies. At least freaking alcohol I can distinguish as unsuitable for kids. Needless to say we switched out of that shul. But that's not even my sole experience. Growing up there was a kid in my grade that got psychotic because of his marijuana usage and stopped attending school because of it. Maybe as a medicine it could be beneficial otherwise I detest it. And we also pretty much don't drink, so I'm not saying alcohol is okay.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 8:50 pm
Some people really benefit from medical marijuana. It seems safer than something like codeine. Depends what the alternatives are.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:01 pm
Terrible idea
For many of the reasons already listed upthread

Hard NO

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:25 pm
DH’s oncologist recommended it
She even said we should both try it
No kids at home
As of now, no
But never say never
If his symptoms worsen maybe
But I would want it to be regulated to know dosing

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:26 pm
Medical is different than recreational
Medical is different than edibles
Refuah shleimah

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:34 pm
I'm in a US state where marijuana is legal, however because it is still technically illegal federally and the company dh and I work for is bound by certain federal regulations re: drug testing, so no, I would never acquire nor want anyone I live with acquiring edibles, or even medical mary jane.

We're not a prudes or "squares", dh did plenty of recreational drugs in his 20s (before we met), and we enjoy our jobs and intend to keep them with Hashem's help.

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:58 pm
amother Plum wrote:
DH’s oncologist recommended it
She even said we should both try it
No kids at home
As of now, no
But never say never
If his symptoms worsen maybe
But I would want it to be regulated to know dosing

I'm assuming that she suggested you get it from a medical dispensary which is different than getting it from unknown source.

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 12:29 am
sarab613 wrote:

Edibles are much more dangerous.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics