Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help my kid has a lot of tics
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:57 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
So...it hit me over Shabbos...

A company called me on Friday to order yet another 2 vitamins/remedies. $120 each

I have spent over $1000 at this dr. All I got was a blood test (which I did for another child free by diff dr.). I got results, but no clear instructions how to take, what to take...every time I call there is a charge. It seems that this will be a never ending journey of buying and treating. My counters are full of bottles, I became tense and busy with this, and the dr wants to see me every month, but is very hard to communicate with

In his own words he said it is not an overnight cure, and he cannot promise any remedy.

I have a larger family, and I simply can't afford it. I feel like I am getting ill myself. I am done with him. I will either get straight up antibiotics, or pursue a diff way to treat him (maybe double check if it is indeed Lyme. My sister is in medical field and said false positives are not uncommon. She also said joint pain is the main symptom of Lyme, which he does not have).

Call me crazy, but there has to be another way.
Its a lot to deal with and no promises or guarantees is very very discouraging Crying I will tell you that you however, that your child could and will get better. It’s been done.

There is a lot of denial in the mainstream medical field regarding Lyme and it’s symptoms. Read the book Chronic for more on why there is so much controversy regarding this diagnosis. How will it help you if you decide it’s not lyme? Then what?

I happen to know someone who just started seeing this dr with her son who has chronic neurolyme, they have literally tried every every treatment under the sun, both conventional and alternative. I know that doesn’t sound very promising, but maybe it would be helpful if I could put you in touch with her somehow?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 10:32 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Its a lot to deal with and no promises or guarantees is very very discouraging Crying I will tell you that you however, that your child could and will get better. It’s been done.

There is a lot of denial in the mainstream medical field regarding Lyme and it’s symptoms. Read the book Chronic for more on why there is so much controversy regarding this diagnosis. How will it help you if you decide it’s not lyme? Then what?

I happen to know someone who just started seeing this dr with her son who has chronic neurolyme, they have literally tried every every treatment under the sun, both conventional and alternative. I know that doesn’t sound very promising, but maybe it would be helpful if I could put you in touch with her somehow?

It's not about denial. I can't fathom putting all this 'natural' garbage in my son, without knowing it is a reliable method and there won't be worse side effects.

*The dr himself told me I have to 'believe' in the cure. For me, believing is not enough.

* The fact that he prescribed everything without knowing blood results, tells me he makes money off every patient.

*if it's a long time cure, why does he need to see my child again in three weeks?

* by my initial visit he told me $400 for half hr.
He dragged on longer, took other phone calls, and charged me $600. Not ok.

* He didn't follow up on when to take everything, and how much..next visit he tells me you think I would tell u to order without taking? I was like 'hello, there are twelve things. When and how much?'

* he finally texted everything to my flip phone. I dont understand why he couldnt print it normally on a sheet.

*when ordering antibiotics, pharmacy called me about the amount. I couldnt get through to him. In general when booking the initial appt. He always answered. When I had a question, it took three days to get through. It's also very difficult to communicate with him...

What is my plan? I will go for a second opinion. Travel if I have to. I'm not willing to spend every penny I have when I'm so unsure what I am doing is right.

If you know someone that recently started with him, it wont help me much. I need someone that has dealt with him for longer.

Anyways, my husband saw how frustrated he makes me every time, and asked me why am I doing it? There has gotta be someone else out there...

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 10:35 pm
It's not about denial. I can't fathom putting all this 'natural' garbage in my son, without knowing it is a reliable method and there won't be worse side effects.

*The dr himself told me I have to 'believe' in the cure. For me, believing is not enough.

* The fact that he prescribed everything without knowing blood results, tells me he makes money off every patient.

*if it's a long time cure, why does he need to see my child again in three weeks?

* by my initial visit he told me $400 for half hr.
He dragged on longer, took other phone calls, and charged me $600. Not ok.

* He didn't follow up on when to take everything, and how much..next visit he tells me you think I would tell u to order without taking? I was like 'hello, there are twelve things. When and how much?'

* he finally texted everything to my flip phone. I dont understand why he couldnt print it normally on a sheet.

*when ordering antibiotics, pharmacy called me about the amount. I couldnt get through to him. In general when booking the initial appt. He always answered. When I had a question, it took three days to get through. It's also very difficult to communicate with him...

What is my plan? I will go for a second opinion. Travel if I have to. I'm not willing to spend every penny I have when I'm so unsure what I am doing is right.

If you know someone that recently started with him, it wont help me much. I need someone that has dealt with him for longer.

Anyways, my husband saw how frustrated he makes me every time, and asked me why am I doing it? There has gotta be someone else out there...
I hear you. You can try to find another dr. Dr Visconti in Staten Island treats Lyme and accepts insurance.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 12:13 am
For those who have tried flower remedies- I just got the book. She says something about mixing the remedies with brandy to make your own. I don't drink and we don't have alcohol other than rashi in the house for kiddush. I literally don't know anything about alcohol and don't understand how to out it in safely. How exactly do you mix it yourself? I saw her diagram but I'm scared. I wish it came premixed.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 1:08 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
For those who have tried flower remedies- I just got the book. She says something about mixing the remedies with brandy to make your own. I don't drink and we don't have alcohol other than rashi in the house for kiddush. I literally don't know anything about alcohol and don't understand how to out it in safely. How exactly do you mix it yourself? I saw her diagram but I'm scared. I wish it came premixed.

I just got it too! I wonder if this simple remedy works, Esp if the tics are from an underlying issue...
How is it noone else talks about it?
She said u can also use apple cider vinegar. I didn't understand exactly why water wasn't good enough, but I only skimmed through it....
How do you know which one from the 38 types to pick from?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 4:43 pm
I hear you. You can try to find another dr. Dr Visconti in Staten Island treats Lyme and accepts insurance.

Just got results from Dr. Visconti.

He had changed antibiotics from Zyrtec to Omnicef. Tics got much worse...
He has no Lyme, no Pandas..its Mycoplasma infection. Same thing as originally seen by my pediatrician three yrs ago. I guess that's the trigger. Back to Zithromax.

I felt something was off with Dr. A.M.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 6:00 pm
Just got results from Dr. Visconti.

He had changed antibiotics from Zyrtec to Omnicef. Tics got much worse...
He has no Lyme, no Pandas..its Mycoplasma infection. Same thing as originally seen by my pediatrician three yrs ago. I guess that's the trigger. Back to Zithromax.

I felt something was off with Dr. A.M.
Mycoplasma is a pans trigger, which is essentially the same thing as pandas except a different infection or virus than strep is the cause. Treatment is the same, first off you need to get rid of the chronic infection. Mycoplasma is extremely resistant to antibiotics. You might want to look into herbal protocols. This is supposed to be excellent for chronic mycoplasma infections. https://www.raintree.com/myco-capsules. Dr v prescribed omnicef for the mycoplasma? I

Also you want to address inflammation, and also you want to address any other underlying causes.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 7:38 pm
Mycoplasma is a pans trigger, which is essentially the same thing as pandas except a different infection or virus than strep is the cause. Treatment is the same, first off you need to get rid of the chronic infection. Mycoplasma is extremely resistant to antibiotics. You might want to look into herbal protocols. This is supposed to be excellent for chronic mycoplasma infections. https://www.raintree.com/myco-capsules. Dr v prescribed omnicef for the mycoplasma? I

Also you want to address inflammation, and also you want to address any other underlying causes.

Originally Omnicef was prescribed, but now that he got results, he switched to Zithromax.
What causes it?
How do I treat inflammation?
If its resistant to antibiotics, how well does herbal work?
Is it lifelong or something they can outgrow?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 7:44 pm
Originally Omnicef was prescribed, but now that he got results, he switched to Zithromax.
What causes it?
How do I treat inflammation?
If its resistant to antibiotics, how well does herbal work?
Is it lifelong or something they can outgrow?
Herbals work by entirely different mechanisms than antibiotics and generally bypass resistance that way. Antibiotics can work too but they have to be very very long term, and the right ones. I’m not sure which are the best antibiotics for chronic mycoplasma but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen doxycycline being talked about. Another option to look into is homeopathy, I just saw someone talk yesterday about how homeopathy dropped her kids mycoplasma titers from the thousands to the low hundreds.

Causes of chronic mycoplasma is often underlying mold, Lyme or some other illness that suppresses the immune system. Can also be a permeable gut, and other factors.

If you look up Stephen Buhner herbal protocols for chronic mycoplasma they contain ways to address the specific type of inflammation that mycoplasma causes.

Are you the same OP as the other “lab results” thread? If yes, and your dc is experiencing fatigue, look into resveratrol and mitochondrial support.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics