Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help my kid has a lot of tics
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:46 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
Thank you natural.
That was very helpful.

I wish there was a way to know if it interacts with any of my prescription medications. Like birth control and others. You seem very knowledgeable.
Is there any way to find out?
A quick google tells me no interactions or contraindications with bc or other common drugs. If you’re worried you can ask a pharmacist. They should know what NAC is, it’s used in hospitals for Tylenol and alcohol overdose.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:05 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
1 cup epsom salt, 1 cup magnesium chloride flakes (amazon), 1 tsp baking soda, warm filtered water in a basin to cover ankles, soak for 20-30 minutes 2-3 times a week. Best way to get cellular magnesium levels up quickly.

We are on this journey for 5+ years. 2 kids.

Thanks!
Wow that is a long time..I hope there is an end to it soon. Or is there ever? How old were they when u started?

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:10 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Thanks!
Wow that is a long time..I hope there is an end to it soon. Or is there ever? How old were they when u started?
My first was 4.5. My other didn’t have such a dramatic onset so it’s hard to tell. But I was in denial for a while. It’s sometimes hard to see it in the day to day but they have both come a very very long way. Our baseline has definitely shifted. Our day to day isn’t nearly as difficult as it used to be. Some days are even pleasant. It’s just that once you start peeling back the layers you see how much work there is to be done. I don’t think there is an end to healing, I think their health will always be more fragile to some extent. My hope is just to give them as best a chance as I could. Hope yours will be an easier journey.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:25 pm
My first was 4.5. My other didn’t have such a dramatic onset so it’s hard to tell. But I was in denial for a while. It’s sometimes hard to see it in the day to day but they have both come a very very long way. Our baseline has definitely shifted. Our day to day isn’t nearly as difficult as it used to be. Some days are even pleasant. It’s just that once you start peeling back the layers you see how much work there is to be done. I don’t think there is an end to healing, I think their health will always be more fragile to some extent. My hope is just to give them as best a chance as I could. Hope yours will be an easier journey.

Do you think weaker kids are more vulnerable or is it a genetic disposition they have? It seems to be so common. I don't understand how so little is known about it by general drs.
My husband didn't believe me first..PANDAS? What in the world?!

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 5:13 pm
Do you think weaker kids are more vulnerable or is it a genetic disposition they have? It seems to be so common. I don't understand how so little is known about it by general drs.
My husband didn't believe me first..PANDAS? What in the world?!
What do you mean by weaker kids? I definitely think there is a strong genetic component somehow, coupled with a lot of environmental factors (environment in the body, not environment like parenting). It took my dh years to come around as well, and judging by the pandas boards on FB, its a very common phenomenon. For some reason lots of men have a very hard time wrapping their minds around the whole thing. Drs not knowing/believing is less excusable imo, because even though to some extent it is a huge paradigm shift , there is also a very strong, well known precedent for strep infections causing autoimmune and neurological sequelae in Sydenham’s chorea, which has been being diagnosed since the 1800s, possibly even earlier.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 5:27 pm
What do you mean by weaker kids? I definitely think there is a strong genetic component somehow, coupled with a lot of environmental factors (environment in the body, not environment like parenting). It took my dh years to come around as well, and judging by the pandas boards on FB, its a very common phenomenon. For some reason lots of men have a very hard time wrapping their minds around the whole thing. Drs not knowing/believing is less excusable imo, because even though to some extent it is a huge paradigm shift , there is also a very strong, well known precedent for strep infections causing autoimmune and neurological sequelae in Sydenham’s chorea, which has been being diagnosed since the 1800s, possibly even earlier.

By weaker I mean skinnier than my other kids.. eats less than others too. Not sure if the pandas is causing it, or the fact that he seems weaker that made him susceptible to it.

I have an appt this coming week btw.

Maybe he doesn't even have it? He does really well in school. Friends, marks, and behavior..
His tics were terrible though after strep and last two days better bh.

Dr. Office told me the symptoms will get worse before getting better. Like die off, as the body gets rid of toxins. Does that make sense?

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 5:34 pm
By weaker I mean skinnier than my other kids.. eats less than others too. Not sure if the pandas is causing it, or the fact that he seems weaker that made him susceptible to it.

I have an appt this coming week btw.

Maybe he doesn't even have it? He does really well in school. Friends, marks, and behavior..
His tics were terrible though after strep and last two days better bh.

Dr. Office told me the symptoms will get worse before getting better. Like die off, as the body gets rid of toxins. Does that make sense?
Pandas can cause food issues including restricting intake, pickiness, lack of appetite. I don’t think small eaters are more prone to pandas, more like brain inflammation makes them be very small eaters. It can also make them eat compulsively. Or crave/restrict themselves to junk food or very few foods.

My kids always did/do well in school. They work very hard to hold it together there. Teachers have never picked up on anything . But my kids don’t have very obvious tics.

Yes, very often kids get worse before they get better. Die off is a real thing. The footsoaks mentioned up thread really help with die off, and also a binder like activated charcoal, but it has to be taken 2 hrs away from antibiotics/killers.

Good luck with your appt! Let us know how it goes.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 10:41 pm
Amother natural,

Thank you so much for your advice re NAC.

I think I'm going to try it. (This is for me). I'm so excited to see that the one you recommend isn't a capsule because I have a hard time swallowing pills. But I'm wondering if you have any advice on speaking to a Rav Kashrus wise? Should I just say that I heard this kind works better? Or do you have any info on it's kashrus?

Second question:
Regarding the antibiotics trial (this is for my son) - If we start an antibiotics trial, (did you say it has to be augmentin, and not ammoxicillin? Augmentin is so hard on the stomach!!), when is the soonest we might start to see results? While he's on it, or only after the 30 days?

Thank you so much for your help!

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 10:49 pm
I just want to say that I bought Sarah chana radcliff book called no more tics. It’s a book that guides you how to use the bach flower remedy for various things including tics.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 10:56 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
Amother natural,

Thank you so much for your advice re NAC.

I think I'm going to try it. (This is for me). I'm so excited to see that the one you recommend isn't a capsule because I have a hard time swallowing pills. But I'm wondering if you have any advice on speaking to a Rav Kashrus wise? Should I just say that I heard this kind works better? Or do you have any info on it's kashrus?

Second question:
Regarding the antibiotics trial (this is for my son) - If we start an antibiotics trial, (did you say it has to be augmentin, and not ammoxicillin? Augmentin is so hard on the stomach!!), when is the soonest we might start to see results? While he's on it, or only after the 30 days?

Thank you so much for your help!
Yes you can tell a Rav that this form is best and see what they say. The ingredients look clean to me. Worst case you can always try a kosher brand, you might still see success.

Re: antibiotics and your son, most kids respond best to azith or augmentin. You can definitely give a probiotic while they’re on it, to protect the stomach, but make sure to give 2 or 3 hours away. It’s hard to say how soon you’ll see improvements, depends how long this has all been going on for and other factors. For us I would say within a week things got better, and then slowly things kept improving for as long as we were on?

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 10:59 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
I just want to say that I bought Sarah chana radcliff book called no more tics. It’s a book that guides you how to use the bach flower remedy for various things including tics.
So interesting! Thanks for sharing !

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:15 pm
thank you!

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:52 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:

I did too, thanks to this thread - can someone tell me where they purchased the remedies? Did you buy with a hechsher? (It looks like it may not be necessary?) And did you decide on your own which remedies to use? (I didn't finish the book yet, I may find my answers there, but am feeling impatient...)

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 2:07 pm
Another natural , if my child has ocd anxiety and sometimes tics, can it hurt for me to try the foot soaks. Any downside to it or bad reactions?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 2:13 pm
amother [ Gardenia ] wrote:
Another natural , if my child has ocd anxiety and sometimes tics, can it hurt for me to try the foot soaks. Any downside to it or bad reactions?
Short answer: nothing to lose, everything to gain, but try to address infections as well.

Longer answer: things to look out for: Most kids tolerate it very well, if it’s a younger kid or smaller basin you can start with half a cup of each type of salt. It can be a little itchy or tingly. For some very very sensitive kids it can make them have loose stools. Some kids with cbs polymorphism may have a hard time tolerating the sulfur in epsom salt, you can use just magnesium flakes for them. If it seems to be making behaviors worse for your kid, or they seem more anxious and irritable, consider adding potassium/electrolytes to their supplements/drinks or food. All the magnesium can deplete potassium from the adrenals and you want to replenish.

We saw only gains from the footsoaks. When we did it consistently my kids were calmer, less high strung, less anxious, less hyperactive.

You can also use magnesium oil or lotion rubbed on feet, but it doesn’t give as much magnesium.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 3:34 pm
My son called me from cheder he is dizzy, he cant function..he came home early . This kid loves going to cheder and has tons of friends.

I was actually at Supreme Health where they told me they do natural treatment that works. They claim being on antibiotics for so long not good on the gut and in general..so I am confused if I should go the natural way, or pay tons of money for the dr. (Insurance doesn't cover)
Im going to a dr. for bloodwork anyway, Im just unsure what type of treatment to do.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 4:02 pm
My son called me from cheder he is dizzy, he cant function..he came home early . This kid loves going to cheder and has tons of friends.

I was actually at Supreme Health where they told me they do natural treatment that works. They claim being on antibiotics for so long not good on the gut and in general..so I am confused if I should go the natural way, or pay tons of money for the dr. (Insurance doesn't cover)
Im going to a dr. for bloodwork anyway, Im just unsure what type of treatment to do.
Of course long term antibiotics aren’t great for the gut but unchecked inflammation and untreated infections aren’t good for the gut or the brain or the rest of the body either. There are success stories using natural treatments, you just really have to know what you’re doing, and most people don’t . No offense to you or anyone else. We have personally seen lots of gains with very targeted supplements, but not impressed with the protocols from the shaklee person or the health food store person. Not saying it can’t be done, just that it’s complicated. Refuah sheleimah to your son!

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 10:12 am
Of course long term antibiotics aren’t great for the gut but unchecked inflammation and untreated infections aren’t good for the gut or the brain or the rest of the body either. There are success stories using natural treatments, you just really have to know what you’re doing, and most people don’t . No offense to you or anyone else. We have personally seen lots of gains with very targeted supplements, but not impressed with the protocols from the shaklee person or the health food store person. Not saying it can’t be done, just that it’s complicated. Refuah sheleimah to your son!

I wish there was a known remedy. I'm tired just thinking of trying a bunch of things, in the hope that they will help, with the possibility of not making it better.. aside of side effects.

I spent $600 for a dr to explain all the symptoms (which I already know) and to prescribe short term antibiotic along with herbal and natural stuff (another $300). He also told me I have to believe in the remedies (believe?) And I can say tehillim and daven (I can do that for free)

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 10:18 am
I wish there was a known remedy. I'm tired just thinking of trying a bunch of things, in the hope that they will help, with the possibility of not making it better.. aside of side effects.

I spent $600 for a dr to explain all the symptoms (which I already know) and to prescribe short term antibiotic along with herbal and natural stuff (another $300). He also told me I have to believe in the remedies (believe?) And I can say tehillim and daven (I can do that for free)
Im sorry you had a disappointing experience! Our kids deserve better. The very unfortunate reality is that nobody really knows how to deal with this beast. It’s a lot of blind leading blind and shooting in the dark. The believing in the remedies is a bit of a red flag for me? Did this dr run any bloodwork? What antibiotic and for how long? Can you post the names of the other stuff? And the dosages?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 10:28 am
Im sorry you had a disappointing experience! Our kids deserve better. The very unfortunate reality is that nobody really knows how to deal with this beast. It’s a lot of blind leading blind and shooting in the dark. The believing in the remedies is a bit of a red flag for me? Did this dr run any bloodwork? What antibiotic and for how long? Can you post the names of the other stuff?

Yes, I didnt like to hear that I have to believe in it. For me, seeing is believing..
Doxycycline is the antibiotic. Originally he told me Erythromycin or Augmentin, so Im not sure ...
He did order extensive bloodwork..
I heard he specializes in these stuff, so idk...
The other stuff is
Megasporebiotic
Burbur-pinella detox brain-nerve cleanse
6 other products..
I have to call company to pay for it (he put in order, have it paid and sent directly to me)
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics