Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
If you went from Traditional decor to Modern, are you comfor
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:51 am
What about a Scandinavian look? Clean and modern but still sooo cozy.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
What about a Scandinavian look? Clean and modern but still sooo cozy.

I get the impression that she doesn't want clean, modern and cozy. It's not about the results. She just wants whatever the rich folks are doing.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:54 am
OP if you want your house to look similar to a specific group of people you should shop in the stores that they shop for furniture.

Polling anonymous woman from around the world probably won’t be too helpful.

Also what the heck do you mean by balabatish furniture?

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:54 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I get the impression that she doesn't want clean, modern and cozy. It's not about the results. She just wants whatever the rich folks are doing.

This

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:00 pm
OP, a few people mentioned transitional style decor. Google it and you will see examples.

You probably want to use wood but a clean, neat look with straight lines. Wood gives warmth and the straight lines are more updated than the curvy, gold-accented furniture we got married with. Also the color of wood these days is usually stained dark or light often with a grayish tinge, I don't really see much natural or cherry color wood.

You can check out the chasuna mall for examples of furniture that today's balebatishe people are getting. They carry the traditional as well as the updated and "going" look for heimishe ppl.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:03 pm
Look up/follow Tami Rosenbaum interiors on Instagram.
She's done nice work.
Once you follow her, other similar pics will come up.
I'm going to guess that people here won't want to post pictures of their homes, because it's a public forum.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:09 pm
Op, your obviously Chassidish. It’s a certain style. Stick with it. That works for you.
If your into design then you should already know the big interior decorators who work in Lakewood Flatbush and the five towns. Accentuations always posts stunning things. You must not be that into it if you don’t even know the people and stores.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:56 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Op, your obviously Chassidish.

FAR FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooklyn, yes, Chassidish, def not!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:58 pm
Any top decorators who do a transitional look's, instagram account links?

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 1:04 pm
Op, as someone else said you are coming across very rude and pushy. Which doesn't make people want to help you.
"pics please"

Where should people post pictures from? Their own home? Who said they are interested in posting photos of their home on the world wide web?

You want specifically:
A. frum homes
B. Very wealthy homes
C. "Balebatish" (not sure what that means in this context)
D. Modern but not completely modern

You realize you are asking for a tall order?
There are probably not too many homes exactly like what you describe and only a handful that have their pics online.

And your answers to people who are trying to help you, are also agressive. "Frum homes don't do that" okkkk, apparently YOU know what frum homes are doing so why asking for help?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 1:12 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Op, as someone else said you are coming across very rude and pushy. Which doesn't make people want to help you.
"pics please"

Where should people post pictures from? Their own home? Who said they are interested in posting photos of their home on the world wide web?

You want specifically:
A. frum homes
B. Very wealthy homes
C. "Balebatish" (not sure what that means in this context)
D. Modern but not completely modern

You realize you are asking for a tall order?
There are probably not too many homes exactly like what you describe and only a handful that have their pics online.

And your answers to people who are trying to help you, are also agressive. "Frum homes don't do that" okkkk, apparently YOU know what frum homes are doing so why asking for help?

Gotya.

I apologize.

I just figured of all the Imas here, there would be some who have similar needs/taste and know what Im looking for and can post Instagram accounts they look at. Thats all.

I dont think my taste is that unique in Brooklyn and the Five Towns.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 2:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
FAR FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That many exclamation marks, eh?

You come across very insecure from your posts. Wanting so hard to fit in that you don't realize how hurtful your exclamation marks and "def not" can be to the Chassidish Imas on here.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 3:02 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
That many exclamation marks, eh?

.............Wanting so hard to fit in that you don't realize how hurtful your exclamation marks and "def not" can be to the Chassidish Imas on here.

OMG, whoever thought I was Chassidish, definitely didnt mean it as a compliment!

It was a reaction to that, which was not very nice towards Chassidish Imas. Is that true?

Anyhow can we please stay on topic and provide some inspiration in stead of negativity?

imaima

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 3:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
FAR FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what are your friends' houses looking like?
Or are you the richest of them?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 3:15 pm
Go back to houzz. Bookmark, or whatever they use, the rooms that appeal to you. Go through the dining rooms. Keep adjusting the filters. Find your ideal table, chairs, light fixture, window dressing, colors, textures. Attach a comment to each saved picture. You will eventually find the perfect room for YOU. Stop thinking about demographics, status and wealth. Those just trip you up and confuse. Make the perfect room for you and you will get compliments. Choose one neutral color, a complimentary neutral and an accent color. Choose a wood and a metal. A shape or pattern could help too.
Do the same for all your rooms. You will feel comfortable and confident if you choose for you.
Your guests will sense that your house is an expression of you and appreciate it. It’s the best road to go.

imaima

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 3:16 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Go back to houzz. Bookmark, or whatever they use, the rooms that appeal to you. Go through the dining rooms. Keep adjusting the filters. Find your ideal table, chairs, light fixture, window dressing, colors, textures. Attach a comment to each saved picture. You will eventually find the perfect room for YOU. Stop thinking about demographics, status and wealth. Those just trip you up and confuse. Make the perfect room for you and you will get compliments. Choose one neutral color, a complimentary neutral and an accent color. Choose a wood and a metal. A shape or pattern could help too.
Do the same for all your rooms. You will feel comfortable and confident if you choose for you.
Your guests will sense that your house is an expression of you and appreciate it. It’s the best road to go.

Wow this is very systematic.

I am like, "I LOVE ALL THE ROOMS ON THIS THREAD"

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 3:17 pm
I live in Sweden and my home is decorated modern, but more so Scandinavian modern. It’s very warm, even though we use a lot of white and grey. If you have Instagram, you can search skandinaviskhjem or you can google as well and you will probably get many results too.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 4:38 pm
I don't understand any of this talk but here's an Instagram account. Might be the opposite of what you're looking for because I don't know what design words mean.

https://www.instagram.com/estifelder1/

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 4:53 pm
As others have said there seems to be an obsession with trying to copy what the wealthy people have. You also seem to be very aggressive sounding in your posts. A few people have said this so maybe take that into consideration. I’m the type that loves to help with these thing but your tone keeps me from even attempting. Just try googling some things you like.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics