Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
My imaginative school to end all crisis
Previous  1  2

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:20 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Absolutely, parental input needs to be very respected. The administration and staff need to be trained in how to listen to and work together with parents. Vital.

I want more than just parental input. I want father's coming and learning with a group of boys, doing science experiments, playing basketball at recess. I want parents leading small reading and math groups and having a truly collaborative experience.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:26 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I want more than just parental input. I want father's coming and learning with a group of boys, doing science experiments, playing basketball at recess. I want parents leading small reading and math groups and having a truly collaborative experience.

Most parents need to work, I think. Maybe you want a group of homeschooling families working together?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:27 pm
different things but yes people are people and kids are kids. just because a school brags about something or even wants to be a certain way doesn't make it true

really my kids are so much happier in their "normal" school. One child especially, the way she spoke about that school. Oy, it was so sad to hear. She was so relieved not to be there anymore. She definitely liked some of her teachers but she had a really hard time socially.

The "normal" school is absolutely not perfect, but the administration realizes they aren't perfect and therefore I can be a lot more forgiving when they aren't. When you feel like you are constantly being told how amaaaazing something is and how lucky you are it better be Wink

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:30 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Most parents need to work, I think. Maybe you want a group of homeschooling families working together?

We're talking about a fantasy right?
This wouldn't be mandated but any parent that wants to come volunteer would be welcome.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:33 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
different things but yes people are people and kids are kids. just because a school brags about something or even wants to be a certain way doesn't make it true

really my kids are so much happier in their "normal" school. One child especially, the way she spoke about that school. Oy, it was so sad to hear. She was so relieved not to be there anymore. She definitely liked some of her teachers but she had a really hard time socially.

The "normal" school is absolutely not perfect, but the administration realizes they aren't perfect and therefore I can be a lot more forgiving when they aren't. When you feel like you are constantly being told how amaaaazing something is and how lucky you are it better be Wink

Gottcha. That would annoy me too. I just want to be part of a school like the one I described, with so much creative and personal development, along with academic development. Without too much ego involved. Sigh...

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:40 pm
Can I add one more thing? The cumulative curriculum will be developed from preschool up, so that all the teachers will interact and build on one another year to year. This curriculum will include in the middos foundation, a personal development ad leadership skills component to compliment character building. So the kids will learn how to deal with jealousy and competition, how to be mivater, how to empathize, how to give without pitying, etc along with personal accountability, goal setting, independent thinking, how to access the right (creative) brain, and avoiding herd mentality. Each year these foundational concepts will be taught with increased maturity.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:58 am
I hope you are aware that this post has been shared on a fb group with not such nice comments about this site.

Last edited by rainbow dash on Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:02 pm
what were their issues?

sequoia

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:05 pm
So like Saint Ann’s but frum?

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:10 pm
Delete

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:12 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
I hope you are aware that this post has been shared on a fb group with not such nice comments about this site.

Why ever?

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 1:08 pm
trixx wrote:
It couldn't be a licensed school in nys (at high school level at least) bc of regents.

That's fine with me. In my ideal schools world we teach according to what the children need and what will actually benefit them both presently and in the future so we won't be bound by outdated educational standards like regents.

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 4:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The recent thread(s) about schools has made me think if only I can open up a perfect school.

In my imaginary school there is an unlimited amount of classes. We have a wealthy billionare (or does it need to be a trillionare) supporting the school and wants it to be all inclusive. We accept everyone who wants a Frum education. Instead of classes based on age we have classes based on levels, with some kids being in a higer level for some subjects and a lower level for others. We have small classes 10-15 kids per group at a time. We do lots of hands on activities, use any and all resources. There is lots of extracurricular and it is very focused. Kids can choose what they want to do and kids that need or want more extracurricular can get more. Only healthy snacks and lunches are served. There are lots of field trips, with learning happening at museums, zoos, parks etc..and not just sitting 9-4. Gym a few times a week. The chinuch is very right wing, as in we do all the mitzvos to the utmost with all teachers being very frum. The children need to dress according to school rules at school. No talking about movies allowed in school. Alternatively you could have a frummer and less frum class (me personally I wouldn't want my kid in a class where everyone is talking about the latest tv series and my kid feels left out). Of course the school is huge and it goes without saying that the desks are 6 feet apart Smile That's it for now. Anyone have anything to add?

Ehillel.org

Something like this
Maybe a bit more to the right
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics