Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What on earth is going on with Amazon/UPS?!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 1:31 pm
Am I the only one who has had multiple shipments saying "delivered" but either not arriving at all or arriving days or even weeks late?

I'm wondering if it's Amazon's issue or UPS's.

This has happened multiple times. No, it wasn't stolen - the item just didn't come.

Then I have this ridiculous situation, not with Amazon but with Staples Tech Protection/Asurion. I mailed my laptop back to them for it to be fixed. They said they fixed it and mailed it back, but when the box came, it had only 4 things of tape - no laptop! I can't figure out if that was Asurion's issue or UPS's, but it's totally bizarre. (I totally would have taken the laptop to the store instead of mailing it back, but unfortunately, the protection plan requires it to be mailed...)

Is it just me? Why am I having so many issues with deliveries all of the sudden?

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 1:34 pm
no problems in westchester

Motherhood

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 1:42 pm
Where do you live? Never had issues Bh. I live in Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 1:50 pm
Motherhood wrote:
Where do you live? Never had issues Bh. I live in Brooklyn

Brooklyn...

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 1:51 pm
I have this with USPS amazon deliveries only. All the time. Item can arrive 3 days later or 10 days later.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 1:53 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I have this with USPS amazon deliveries only. All the time. Item can arrive 3 days later or 10 days later.

I ordered a toddler bed 2 weeks ago. Said it came; never did. Contacted customer service for a replacement. Said it came on Wednesday. Never did. It was UPS. Now tried ordering it to my parents' house... holding my breath.

My sister had the same thing with a treadmill that she ordered a few weeks ago. It didn't come so long after it said delivered that she canceled it and ordered a different one. Then, after the new one came without incident, she got an email from Amazon to schedule a delivery for the previous treadmill (which she had already been refunded for)!

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 2:12 pm
Ever since covid started we've had more delays overall. But if it's this week I'd say it's prob the snow. Some parts of Jersey got 33 inches! You don't know what warehouse it's coming from, and many parts of the country had big storms.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 2:18 pm
Walmart has been so much better than amazon.

challahchallah

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 2:18 pm
Sometimes this happens when it’s the kind of shipment that starts with UPS but is ultimately delivered by USPS. UPS marked it as delivered because they delivered it to your local post office, but you don’t receive it until your mail carrier delivers it to you a few days later. It’s annoying.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Ever since covid started we've had more delays overall. But if it's this week I'd say it's prob the snow. Some parts of Jersey got 33 inches! You don't know what warehouse it's coming from, and many parts of the country had big storms.

If it's delayed because of the snow, you get a notification that it's delayed. It doesn't say that it arrived.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 2:40 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Sometimes this happens when it’s the kind of shipment that starts with UPS but is ultimately delivered by USPS. UPS marked it as delivered because they delivered it to your local post office, but you don’t receive it until your mail carrier delivers it to you a few days later. It’s annoying.

The USPS people scan it as delivered because they have an agreement with Amazon to deliver in 2 days (or whatever is set for the particular order). But they don't bring it until it's convenient for them. I've seen it with my own eyes.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 2:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The USPS people scan it as delivered because they have an agreement with Amazon to deliver in 2 days (or whatever is set for the particular order). But they don't bring it until it's convenient for them. I've seen it with my own eyes.

USPS has become awful with their deliveries the past few months. It can take 2-3 weeks for mail to arrive, even within the same city.

Cheshire cat

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 2:48 pm
Don't they include a pic of the package at your door?

Check by order tracking .

FWIW, I've also had a bunch of mess ups recently with amazon delivery, including delays and wrong items delivered

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 2:59 pm
Cheshire cat wrote:

FWIW, I've also had a bunch of mess ups recently with amazon delivery, including delays and wrong items delivered

Only Amazon delivery (their own Amazon trucks and drivers) provide the pictures at the door. Amazon requires it of their own employees (and luckily most deliveries arrive via this service).

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 7:33 pm
Cheshire cat wrote:

Not available for these deliveries.

I'm dealing with another one right now.

This has been going on for the last few months, well before the recent snowstorm.

Simple1

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 7:39 pm
Yes, but not Amazon. I ordered something from Ralph Lauren. Was supposed to come yesterday. It says delivered, but no package anywhere near my house.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 8:02 pm
Also, some deliveries come in on time, while others don't come at all. What's with?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics