Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Anyone want a screaming baby for the night?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:08 pm
I’m going to lose it. I go through this every single night. Screams for hours. I cannot get him to sleep and stay asleep. I finally hired a nurse for tonight and that kept me hanging on and then the nurse got lost and is not coming.

I have no slept in so many weeks. Not had more than 2 hours straight and that’s once a night.

I can’t anymore. I just can’t. Dh is also run down from lack of sleep and we’re both collapsing. He’s no help. Baby is lying next to me screaming because no matter what I do he cries anyway . Go ahead, call me that terrible mother I am.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:09 pm
Sing vezakeini legadel from your heart. It helps.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:10 pm
Nope, can’t sing anymore. No energy.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:12 pm
Where are you located? If you want to pm me I am in Brooklyn and would be glad to do this for you. You can come sleep here in another room so you know your baby will be safe.

amother
Periwinkle

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nope, can’t sing anymore. No energy.

7 weeks old?

It's tough. I found baby wearing and marching up and stairs helped.

mommy3b2c

You’re not a terrible mother. The incessant screaming is enough to drive anyone insane. Do you nurse? Can you lay next to him and nurse him to sleep? Can you hire a babysitter to watch him till 1:00 am while you sleep? There’s some teenagers who would do that. Or can you and your husband take turns giving each other stretches of three hours to sleep. I can’t watch him tonight, but if you’re in Brooklyn and want to sleep tomorrow morning or afternoon you can drop him off for a few hours.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:13 pm
You’re not a terrible mother. Just an overwhelmed, sleep deprived one.
What have you done for colic?
Can he be allergic to anything?
Cut out dairy from your diet if you’re BFing. Literally a life saver.
Mazel Tov on the baby, btw!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:13 pm
I'm sorry Sad
I remember how exhausting it can be, the kind of exhausting that you cannot even dream up until you experience it. And having both of you wiped out must be really horrible.
but in answer to your subject, yes, but for only one night Wink - and if you're not too far away - and if he takes bottles.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:15 pm
He’s good by day. This is a nightly thing. He’s not in pain just tired. I lost my milk from stess, I wish I could nurse.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:17 pm
I’m so sorry 😟 this is terribly hard. You are so overwhelmed. You are not a bad mother because your baby is screaming. You are severely sleep deprived and I’m going to assume your baby is newborn and colicky? Can you get more support, either during daytime or nighttime and rest while someone is caring for the baby? Can your husband and you split shifts? Have you taken the baby to the doctor - could he be hungry or gassy? Can you supplement or switch to formula if you are nursing and that’s contributing to the wake ups? Can the baby sleep near you? Is he swaddled, is it dark in the room, do you have a noise machine? These are all just ideas of things that might help.

YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOTHER. Babies are HARD. You are having a hard time. You are the best mother for this baby. It will pass, I promise you. It will pass. Try to see him as the vulnerable little child he is and do your best to get yourself some support, however small.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He’s good by day. This is a nightly thing. He’s not in pain just tired. I lost my milk from stess, I wish I could nurse.

I’m sure you’ve tried all the tricks?
Noise machine, tight swaddle, elevated head, mylicon? Try switching to soy formula.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:22 pm
Cross-posted with OP’s response. If he’s good during the day, have your husband or someone else watch him so you can take naps and be more rested at night. The 5 S’ really help: swaddle (arms down), suck - pacifier, side- baby positioned in the side, shhh - very loud white noise is soothing to the baby and shake - vigorous rocking movement (careful the head of course). All these things help soothe and put the baby to sleep.
I’ve been there, done that. Take as much help as you can get, don’t let the mom guilt affect you. Sleep in a different room while someone cares for the baby if you must.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:24 pm
Oy. I would also take him for a day, if he's bottle fed anyway. My little kids would be ecstatic to help me rock and hold and feed him. And you could sleep. It is sooooo hard, it is just so stressful. Wish I could help you. May he grow into a wonderful human being and be a source of joy!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:24 pm
Nothing works. This is not a kid in pain. Just tired and just impossible to get to sleep. I tried getting support and was hanging on by that thread of hope but I lost it when she went back home at 9:00 tonight. I keep getting sick , physically sick, from lack of sleep.

I have no help. Dh isn’t a strong person.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:26 pm
Have you tried a bit of Chamomile tea

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:26 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Cross-posted with OP’s response. If he’s good during the day, have your husband or someone else watch him so you can take naps and be more rested at night. The 5 S’ really help: swaddle (arms down), suck - pacifier, side- baby positioned in the side, shhh - very loud white noise is soothing to the baby and shake - vigorous rocking movement (careful the head of course). All these things help soothe and put the baby to sleep.
I’ve been there, done that. Take as much help as you can get, don’t let the mom guilt affect you. Sleep in a different room while someone cares for the baby if you must.

Who’s that someone?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
[/b]

Who’s that someone?

Do you work during the day? If not, send him to a sitter for a few hours so you can sleep. This is extremely important.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nothing works. This is not a kid in pain. Just tired and just impossible to get to sleep. I tried getting support and was hanging on by that thread of hope but I lost it when she went back home at 9:00 tonight. I keep getting sick , physically sick, from lack of sleep.

I have no help. Dh isn’t a strong person.

How old is the baby? Is he sleeping during the day? Good sleep during the day helps the baby sleep at night.
Can you hire a back up night nurse if the first doesn’t work out, for the future? Sleep deprivation is serious.
What does it mean that DH isn’t a strong person? Is this your first baby? He needs to help you out, dear mother, whether through getting you a night nurse, and/or pitching in at night or during the day. It is really really hard to do this on your own.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:30 pm
That sounds so, so, so hard. I wish I could wrap up a good night's sleep in a box and send it to you.
Have you been to the pediatrician to check for ear infection or anything else (even if your baby is totally fine during the day)?
Have you tried letting your baby fall asleep in a stroller or swing- does that work?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
[/b]

Who’s that someone?

Your husband? If the baby is going to cry anyway, let him cry with your husband for some of the night.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics