Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Scared - will vaccine be required -
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 2:36 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Data out of Israel shows it prevents transmission

This time with the British mutation nothing has helped bring down our infection rates - except the vaccine. Lockdown did not work - too many violators and they did more damage than they did during the previous lockdowns. Only the vaccine helped, the numbers dropping are only thanks to the vaccine, any improvement in hospital overflow is thanks to the vaccine. We need everyone vaccinated. But when schools reopen numbers will rise because most people in schools are under 16 and not vaccinated....maybe if Pfizer trials the vaccine on younger kids and includes Israelis in the trials then we can keep the numbers down...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 2:53 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
You should be more afraid of the virus, than you are of the vaccine. You have no idea how much havoc this virus can do to your internal organs, if you were to get sick year after year of this. So many young people with lung and heart issues.

I personally dont know anyone wirh lung or heart issues after covid (not saying it doesnt exist`everyone I know had covid). I personally do know 3 ppl that died after vaccine (over 75) , I know someone that miscarried, and I know a 50 yr old on a vent that took vaccine. Just saying I wont touch th3 vaccine until there is more accurate proof that its safe and effective.

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 3:01 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I personally dont know anyone wirh lung or heart issues after covid (not saying it doesnt exist`everyone I know had covid). I personally do know 3 ppl that died after vaccine (over 75) , I know someone that miscarried, and I know a 50 yr old on a vent that took vaccine. Just saying I wont touch th3 vaccine until there is more accurate proof that its safe and effective.

These over-75-year-olds who died after their vaccine: What did they die of?

I know of a lot more over-75-year-olds who died of covid than who died right after a vaccine.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 3:21 am

How interesting. I know 3 peopel who miscarried after having covid, another who had a stillbirth, a 39yo who had covid and was on a vent before dying, several ppl who had mild cases of covid back in March and still haven't regained their strength or health. I don't know anyone who died of the vaccine but I know a 36yo who refused the vaccine and died of covid...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 4:52 am

Hi Do you know me?

I had Covid back in March, and I'm still struggling with heart, lung, thyroid, and neurological issues.

I had been making serious progress with my fibromyalgia and CVS/ME with health and lifestyle changes, and the virus has set me back 5 years.

Rappel

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 4:57 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
How interesting. I know 3 peopel who miscarried after having covid, another who had a stillbirth, a 39yo who had covid and was on a vent before dying, several ppl who had mild cases of covid back in March and still haven't regained their strength or health. I don't know anyone who died of the vaccine but I know a 36yo who refused the vaccine and died of covid...

Adding to the list:

I know 2 preterms with complications afterward, 2 "failure to thrive in the womb," 1 stillbirth, 1 minuscule placenta, 1 clotting emergency, and a whole lot of suffering people whom have everything from chronic ear aches to the inability to walk down the street they're so tired, long after their actual Covid symptoms went away.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 5:12 am
I am pretty sure vaccines will be required to enter Israel, or proof that you were sick.

So far in Israel they are starting to get frustrated that certain groups are resisting the vaccine, and they are trying to concoct ways to encourage people to get vaccinated. So there will definitely be things you can only do here if you are vaccinated.

They are also debating forcing all teachers to get vaccinated.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 5:13 am
https://www.israelnationalnews.....96798

Doctors urging men to get blood tests after coronavirus
This is the latest in several cases of men experiencing heart issues and even clots after seemingly benign cases of COVID.

Six children became orphans yesterday after the tragic passing of 48-year-old Rabbi Yisroel Rozovsky.

Rozovsky had recently recovered from coronavirus, and was enjoying a typical Friday night at home with his wife and children.

In the middle of the night, to his wife’s complete shock and horror, Rozovsky had a heart attack and died. Doctors say the clot was caused by undetected coronavirus complications. This is the latest in several cases of men experiencing heart issues and even clots after seemingly benign cases of COVID. Some health professionals urge men who are post-COVID to ask their doctor about blood tests to ascertain heart health.

Last night, a large crowd gathered to attend Rabbi Rozovsky’s funeral. Rozovsky was a beloved figure - He had started an organization which helped religious men to transition into the workplace, by setting them up with ‘kosher’ offices.

This allowed many who had been hesitant to leave the yeshiva setting to provide for their families, without sacrificing their values. Leaders like Rozovsky have had a huge impact on frum society, as the next generation of newly married men finds the balance between Torah learning and paying their bills. Rozovsky also started an outdoor minyan and yeshiva downstairs from his apartment, allowing his own space to be used for COVID-safe prayers and learning.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 5:19 am
https://www.israelnationalnews.....gn=nl

92% drop in serious COVID cases among vaccinated'
Israeli health care provider Clalit reports massive reduction in symptomatic COVID cases among vaccinated population.

Israel’s massive coronavirus vaccination campaign has significantly cut the rates of symptomatic COVID infections among the vaccinated population, according to a study by the Clalit health care provider.

The study, which was released Sunday evening, found that the rate of symptomatic coronavirus infections was cut by 94% among the vaccinated population.

In addition, the study found that the number of seriously ill COVID patients was cut by 92% among the vaccinated population.

A total of 1.2 million people were tested for the study, including 600,000 vaccinated individuals and 600,000 unvaccinated people.

Prof. Ran Blizer, manager of Clalit’s research operations and a member of the Health Ministry’s advisory team, called on Israelis under 60 to also get vaccinated against COVID.

“We need to turn the focus to younger age groups, people ages 40 to 60, who have yet to get vaccinated: that’s about 500,000 people – 27% of the age group; these are people who don’t always realize that they are in a risk group. But they currently make up 31% of the people on respirators.”

“One out of every 30 people in this age group will get infected and be hospitalized with a serious case of the coronavirus. So go get vaccinated.”

4g01o

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 6:36 am
I'm suffering from ear aches since I had covid. I still can't taste or smell! And I'm 33

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:01 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
1. You're not a pro vaxxer.

2. The vaccine does prevent transmission. If you can't get it, you can't transmit it.

This is not true.
My BIL is an emergency room dr. Got both shots. Double masks at work and wears mask everywhere. Said virus can live in nose and transmit to others it’s a known thing. He can’t get it but could give to patients.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:01 am
I know onw woman had a heart attack on her way to get the vaccine, and died a few days later. If that heart attack had happened half an hour later it would have been all over the news as a vaccine risk. As is is, no one has said anything. Sometimes things just happen.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:03 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Required for school is a ways off. But to fly-- yes, there is a good chance that will happen.

Seminaries in Israel may require it for next year. So not so far off

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
1. Why do myself, dh and and my kids have every shot except guardasil? Ok, let me make stuff up about you... no, I won't stoop so low. I am pro vaccines that have a track record. We don't know much about this one.

2. Not true. Someone who is vaccinated hopefully can't get sick if their body fights it off, but you were still infected and you can still pass it on to others. Anything I read says that it only partially prevents transmission. That's why you still need to wear a mask.

1- it’s not the biggest deal that you don’t have the HPV shot because almost everyone else has gotten vaccinated and you are relying on herd immunity. The reason you never caught HPV is BECAUSE OF GUARDASIL.

2- there are 5 types of antibodies. 2 of them are Immunoglobin G and Immunoglobin A. IgG are antibodies that circulate in your blood. They are the most common antibody type. IgA is found in mucus and secretions. There are currently studies going on to see if one develops IgA antibodies from a previous Covid infection or from the Covid vaccine. If one doesn’t develop those antibodies, they can carry the virus in their mucus and pass it to someone else. If they do develops IgA antibodies, then they can’t.
The studies are still going on, and there isn’t enough data yet. So that’s why you have to wear a mask. For just-in-case purposes.
Another point- there’s no herd immunity to Covid. There won’t be until everyone gets vaccinated. So please don’t compare your anti-guardasil beliefs to the Covid vaccine.

Love, a healthcare worker who is sick and tired of explaining this to antivaxxers. I don’t get paid enough to do this.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:09 am

Your anecdotal data isn’t what’s keeping my paychecks comin in.
Wanna hear MY anecdotal data as a healthcare worker?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:19 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
1- it’s not the biggest deal that you don’t have the HPV shot because almost everyone else has gotten vaccinated and you are relying on herd immunity. The reason you never caught HPV is BECAUSE BECAUSE OF GUARDASIL

Love, a healthcare worker who is sick and tired of explaining this to antivaxxers. I don’t get paid enough to do this.

HPV is a STD which means you can only get it if you have sx with someone who has it.
Your first paragraph is completely false. Which you should have known if you were a health care worker.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:22 am
Yes you know the answer.
Our government is so corrupt and money hungry that they will make a vaccine that was hardly tested, mandatory.
If you still think they care your health and safety, open your eyes one tiny bit.

And yes, I’m all for vaccinations that were tried and true for years. My kids are all vaxxed.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:23 am
1- it’s not the biggest deal that you don’t have the HPV shot because almost everyone else has gotten vaccinated and you are relying on herd immunity. The reason you never caught HPV is BECAUSE OF GUARDASIL.

Re #1- Not really. Gaurdasil wasn't around when many of us were kids. It’s fairly new.

The majority of frum ppl will never catch HPV because both partners have a single partner for life.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:25 am

No, the reason I don't have HPV is because DH and I have never been intimate or made out with anyone other than each other.

Also, Gardasil only protects against the most common strains of HPV, and with the vaccine other strains are starting to dominate.

There is no "herd immunity" for HPV, and if there were, Gardasil wouldn't provide it because Gardasil doesn't cover every strain of HPV.

And there is no comparison between HPV and airborne illnesses.

I do believe you are a healthcare worker and you just answered my question about how healthcare workers sometimes say things that are against science. Basically anyone who is in a secretarial position for any health-related practice is a healthcare worker, even though s/he is an ignoramus without a degree and zero understanding of science. Thank you.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:35 am

This is BS. And if you are a healthcare worker and invoke herd immunity with HPV, you obviously don't know that HPV is an STD so herd immunity is totally irrelevant (unless you sleep with everyone you meet), then not a single other word you write is trustworthy.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics