Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
I spent $500 on bedding and I’m devastated
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:11 pm
I'm so sorry - that is so disappointing!!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:37 pm
Devastation is when a friend of mines husband in Lakewood was totally fine a couple of months ago and was recently diagnosed with terminal late stage Pancreatic Cancer. Disappointed is when your linen doesn’t crease just right.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:41 pm
estherj wrote:
Devastation is when a friend of mines husband in Lakewood was totally fine a couple of months ago and was recently diagnosed with terminal late stage Pancreatic Cancer. Disappointed is when your linen doesn’t crease just right.

Thumbs Up

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:55 pm
estherj wrote:

Devastated bc the lady in the store lied to me that the linen would def not crease after drying.
I don’t like when people are dishonest. Lying = devastating !! I wish she would have told me that the linen does crease quite a bit and Then I would not have spent that amount on that set ever.

To answer the other question- yes, I took the linen out the dyer right away then I sprayed with a linen spray ...

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:08 pm
Iron the linen on the bed.
Put the sheets on the bed and iron directly on the bed.
Makes the job so much easier and quicker.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Devastated bc the lady in the store lied to me that the linen would def not crease after drying.
I don’t like when people are dishonest. Lying = devastating !!

Do you let it sit in the machine or do you take it out immediately?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t like when people are dishonest. Lying = devastating !!

Yes, that is disappointing. At least your sheets don’t need chemo.
What happens when you iron them?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:30 pm
Why do people feel the need to compare one problem with another? The world has place for everyone.

cbsp

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:39 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Why do people feel the need to compare one problem with another? The world has place for everyone.

Not cancer, still a big fat pain

By Celia Rivenbark

http://www.jewishworldreview.c......php3

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:56 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

While it is true that people who have gone through life and it’s real challenges develop a maturity and sense of perspective that make it unlikely they will describe an annoyance as “devastating” much the way my high school daughter would describe an A- on a midterm, that was not the point of my reply.

The point is not that someone out there has a bigger problem than you. The point is that when we label things in our own mind in superlatives “this is devastating” “I can’t go on” “I can’t bear it” etc. it’s counterproductive because it consumes us emotionally.

Labeling situations in our mind with some perspective- “it’s disappointing” “it’s challenging” etc. is far healthier because it allows us to focus on dealing with the problem rather than being overwhelmed. Instead of shutting down, our mind can focus on how to get around the issue, or how to learn from the disappointment.

Life is a constantly evolving learning platform, both in its ups and its downs. We can utilize it for personal growth if we keep things in the proper perspective.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:56 pm
cbsp wrote:
Not cancer, still a big fat pain

By Celia Rivenbark

http://www.jewishworldreview.c......php3

No one is saying she can’t be upset! But being that the definition of “devastated” is “overwhelmed with shock and grief”, it’s a bit of a weird choice of words Smile
OP, I agree with the posters who suggest ironing them. Simple fix.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:59 pm
Each duvet cover needs to go into the dryer separately if you wanna stand a chance...

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:00 pm
I don;t think I understand why anyone would think linens would not be wrinkled after washing them. They're not polyester

Simple1

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

To answer the other question- yes, I took the linen out the dyer right away then I sprayed with a linen spray ...

Did you take them put a few minutes early as some posters suggested?

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:29 pm
estherj wrote:
While it is true that people who have gone through life and it’s real challenges develop a maturity and sense of perspective that make it unlikely they will describe an annoyance as “devastating” much the way my high school daughter would describe an A- on a midterm, that was not the point of my reply.

The point is not that someone out there has a bigger problem than you. The point is that when we label things in our own mind in superlatives “this is devastating” “I can’t go on” “I can’t bear it” etc. it’s counterproductive because it consumes us emotionally.

Labeling situations in our mind with some perspective- “it’s disappointing” “it’s challenging” etc. is far healthier because it allows us to focus on dealing with the problem rather than being overwhelmed. Instead of shutting down, our mind can focus on how to get around the issue, or how to learn from the disappointment.

Life is a constantly evolving learning platform, both in its ups and its downs. We can utilize it for personal growth if we keep things in the proper perspective.

Salut

Not to mention that overusing such terms as "devastating" and "heartbreaking" cheapens the words and trivializes genuine tragedies. Mrs. A is devastated when her linens fail to perform as expected, and Mrs. B is devastated when her chemo didn't perform as expected.... need I say more?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t like when people are dishonest. Lying = devastating !! I wish she would have told me that the linen does crease quite a bit and Then I would not have spent that amount on that set ever.

But you're a grown up. Have you ever put cotton in the washer and have it come out not wrinkled? Why would you believe a saleperson over your own common sense?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:50 pm
[quote="amother [ Seagreen ]"]But you're a grown up. Have you ever put cotton in the washer and have it come out not wrinkled? Why would you believe a saleperson over your own common sense?[/quote]

Hi seagreen! I’m a “ grownup” who spent alot of money on a set of linen. Some linen I own crease less then others, But I paid a fraction of the price for those and that was to be expected. The higher end linens that I have definitely crease less and I was expecting the same of this new set I just purchased. As that was the words of the sales lady.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:51 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Did you take them put a few minutes early as some posters suggested?

Yes.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi seagreen! I’m a “ grownup” who spent alot of money on a set of linen. Some linen I own crease less then others, But I paid a fraction of the price for those and that was to be expected. The higher end linens that I have definitely crease less and I was expecting the same of this new set I just purchased. As that was the words of the sales lady.

She lied to you. Sheets wrinkle.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 7:35 pm
Return it?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry