Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Exersaucer and jumping toys

lst

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 3:34 am
I heard that babies shouldn't stay in exersaucers and those hanging jumping toys for more than 20 minutes. Why is that, what happens if they stay in for longer? And does that mean 20 minutes per day, or like increments of 20 mins.?

Ima2

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 5:30 am
there was a REALLY long thread on this a few months ago. Basically, these are toys for babies. Not intended for them to stay in it all day. When they get tired of being in it, take them out. Don't leave them in there all day. There are no warnings on the actual toy to not leave them in there for 20 minutes. You probably heard someone give you this guideline, but there's nothing magical about the number 20.

Newsie

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 6:09 am
Most babies won't want to hang out in there for longer than 20 minutes to half hour. My daughter LOVES hers. My other kids were pretty pareve about it and used it mostly when they knew how to cruise- and liked to walk around the outside. My 6 month old plays very nicely in it and enjoys it, but after about 15 minutes, she's done. So I'll move her somewhere else, either the floor, stroller, my arms... But she goes in it a lot throughout the day and it's a really good place for me to keep her that she enjoys

zigi

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 8:38 pm
my ds likes to walk around his. basically don't put them in there the whole day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics