Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Nyc to TLV - Israeli citizen
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 6:36 pm
I need some assistance. My mom flew into NYC last week. She needs to fly back to Israel. She needs assistance in obtaining approval.

She is an Israeli Citizen and received 2 covid vaccines. No green passport. Chaim VChesed wasnt helpful.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:49 am
Possibly call the Israeli consulate.
I believe at the moment the airport is closed, but I may be wrong.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 3:48 pm
Any clue if the airports are going to be open for pesach? For students or families to go to chutz laaretz and then come back?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 3:50 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
Any clue if the airports are going to be open for pesach? For students or families to go to chutz laaretz and then come back?

Students are supposed to be able to leave but are not expected to be let back in.

bobeli

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:36 pm
She definitely needs a permit to go back, I know of 2 israeli families with children that got sent back

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:35 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Students are supposed to be able to leave but are not expected to be let back in.

What about families wanting to go be with parents in NY for pesach? Will they be able to go back home to israel? Just curious. I know a few families that are hoping to be able to.

Rappel

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:45 pm
There is this magical exceptions committee. Anyone know how it works?

And just so she knows - my friend flew in last night and was sent straight to a Corona hotel with her family. Be prepared if that's standard right now

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:47 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
What about families wanting to go be with parents in NY for pesach? Will they be able to go back home to israel? Just curious. I know a few families that are hoping to be able to.
There is a pandemic and a concern about importing new variants.

I don't see how people think that travelling to spend Pesach with family is some sort of exceptional case that warrants Israel to take this risk. It strikes me as really insensitive and ridiculous.

banana123

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:52 pm
DrMom wrote:
There is a pandemic and a concern about importing new variants.

I don't see how people think that travelling to spend Pesach with family is some sort of exceptional case that warrants Israel to take this risk. It strikes me as really insensitive and ridiculous.

Uh, that's why there's a committee?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:12 pm
banana123 wrote:
Uh, that's why there's a committee?

To deal with cases that are actually serious enough to warrant taking a risk. Spending Pesach with the family is lovely, but not worth importing a new strain of corona.

juggling

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:29 pm
Here's the scoop: the airport is not actually closed, but you can only get into the country with a permit. You apply to the exceptions committee and they (hopefully) grant you a permit, which should be good for two weeks if I'm not mistaken. Not everyone who applies for the permit is approved. There are limited flights happening, only for people with a permit and a negative covid test. In principle everyone is being sent straight to a quarantine facility, but there is a committee I believe at the airport that will grant people exemptions for humanitarian reasons (an older person who lives alone might qualify). They are talking about requiring people to wear a tracking device, if they don't go to a facility, but as of now I don't think that's been implemented.
As far as her having received both vaccines but not a green passport, what does that mean? She left the country before her post-vaccine week was up? Or she was vaccinated in chul? Because if she was fully vaccinated in Israel, and waited a week to leave thw country, she is entitled to a vaccination certificate which should, at the very least, exempt her from quarantine. If she vaccinated in chul, or if she left the country before the week was finished, she probably won't be exempted from quarantine. Although it doesn't hurt to try. Bring proof of vaccination and hope it helps.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:39 pm
I’m confused. Did something change in the past week? How and when was she planning on coming back? I keep hearing about people being denied leaving Israel to say goodbye to a loved one who is dying, how was she approved to leave in the first place (or maybe you can leave if you’re not planning on coming back?)
At this point, people with valid emergency situations are being denied. I guess you need to apply to the committee and hope for the best.

juggling

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:43 pm
I missed that in the OP, that she only left a week ago. To the best of my knowledge people are only being granted exit permits if they commit to not returning for 60 days. If she signed that she won't return for 60 days, why does she need to come back now? Has something urgent come up? Or did she just not realize they were serious?

banana123

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:46 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
To deal with cases that are actually serious enough to warrant taking a risk. Spending Pesach with the family is lovely, but not worth importing a new strain of corona.

I was saying that the committee is there to determine whose case is serious enough to warrant the risk.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:53 pm
juggling wrote:
I missed that in the OP, that she only left a week ago. To the best of my knowledge people are only being granted exit permits if they commit to not returning for 60 days. If she signed that she won't return for 60 days, why does she need to come back now? Has something urgent come up? Or did she just not realize they were serious?

I was missing the info about 60 days - that makes a lot of sense.

batmelech1

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:59 pm
Update-
Israel is considering letting in all the Israelis gradually to Israel!
Elections are coming up in Israel (again) and they want to give the option to all the Israelis, who are currently stuck in chul, to vote in Israel.
It’s very possible that they’ll start letting people back in Israel very soon

juggling

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:06 pm
batmelech1 wrote:
Update-
Israel is considering letting in all the Israelis gradually to Israel!
Elections are coming up in Israel (again) and they want to give the option to all the Israelis, who are currently stuck in chul, to vote in Israel.
It’s very possible that they’ll start letting people back in Israel very soon

Not to be cynical, but I think one minister said she'd like to see that happen. I don't know that it's actually being raised for consideration anytime soon. On the other hand, as we've seen all through this past year, the situation is constantly changing, and what's true today could easily be false tomorrow, and vice versa.

batmelech1

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:10 pm
juggling wrote:
Not to be cynical, but I think one minister said she'd like to see that happen. I don't know that it's actually being raised for consideration anytime soon. On the other hand, as we've seen all through this past year, the situation is constantly changing, and what's true today could easily be false tomorrow, and vice versa.

I guess we’ll just wait and see

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:21 pm
My friend was stuck in the US for 6 weeks. It’s no joke , you can go but it’s a headache and a half to return.

banana123

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:23 pm
juggling wrote:

Miri Regev, Transportation Minister.

It might pass, but if it does, we will pay very dearly for it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics