Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Third stimulus - is it for real?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 3:59 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
In my opinion that is still stupid. To hand out money like that is irresponsible. A family with 1 child and yearly expenses of 100,000 making 150,000 is doing well financially. Ones making 180,000 with 6 kids is not. I would think it would be worth the extra time to make sure those who really need it get it.
It wouldn’t even take extra time. They’ve done the calculations for other programs.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 4:51 pm
the whole thing is silly. We qualify because we live OOT, if we lived in town my husband would make too much and we wouldn't qualify for anything so basically it helps out people who live in cheap areas more Wink

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 5:43 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
It wouldn’t even take extra time. They’ve done the calculations for other programs.

Not for everyone: Some people never applied for programs.
And, different states and different programs require different criteria and different calculations. If it were for Israel, maybe. Not for certain, but maybe. For 50 states, each of which has its own laws and programs? No. That's too time consuming.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 5:45 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
In my opinion that is still stupid. To hand out money like that is irresponsible. A family with 1 child and yearly expenses of 100,000 making 150,000 is doing well financially. Ones making 180,000 with 6 kids is not. I would think it would be worth the extra time to make sure those who really need it get it.

There is a difference between "stupid" and "irresponsible."

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 5:55 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Not for everyone: Some people never applied for programs.
And, different states and different programs require different criteria and different calculations. If it were for Israel, maybe. Not for certain, but maybe. For 50 states, each of which has its own laws and programs? No. That's too time consuming.

Sorry, but I just don't buy this. All they would need to do is set an added amount of income over the limit that is allowed for each child, say $5000. A household with one child earning $155,000 would qualify for the full amount, as would a household with 2 children earning $160k etc. They have everyone's income amounts and number of dependents anyway. It's really not that complicated to plug in a simple algorithm and would make this whole thing make a lot more sense.

It's also not like this was blown through Washington in a few days and they don't have time to implement something like this. They've been working on this bill since forever.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics