Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
What's your favorite salmon recipe?
1  2  3  Next

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:10 pm
I've tried the lemon, soy sauce, mayo, and spices variations, baked and broiled.
Anyone have a recipe that's different?
TIA.

supermommy

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:23 pm
There's a sweet and sour cooked version.
My personal fav is salmon patties made with sauted onion and celery served with a dill sauce.

Tehilla

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:24 pm
teriyaki salmon

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:35 pm
Tehilla wrote:
teriyaki salmon

recipe, please?

pinktichel

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:38 pm
Sesame Salmon:

1 salmon fillet, no bones, no skin
(cut 1/2 to 2 inches wide per person)
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 c. oj
1/4-1/2 c. honey
sesame seeds to sprinkle

Wash and dry salmon. Place on baking sheet. Poke salmon with fork to create "holes". Pour lemon juice and oj on salmon. Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle sesame seeds.

Bake at 475 for 15-20 minutes until salmon "flakes".... delicious and super easy too! I like it best at room temperature!

Last edited by pinktichel on Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tehilla

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:38 pm
it's really easy. I open the can of teriyaki sauce and pour it on the salmon. I add a little water for moisture, and cook at 350 for 40 minutes or so depending...I like my salmon crispy on top so I do it a little longer.

Rochelro

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:43 pm
I've eaten salmon a lot of different ways and the only way I really like it is pickled. It's really easy to make and delicious.
You just boil the salmon with water, sugar,lemon juice, salt and pepper and a sliced onion for 25 min. add pickling spice (or bay leaves and whole cloves) for the last 5 min. serve hot or refigerate for a day or more and serve cold (the taste is even better this way)
If you want the exact measurements, just ask me.

Tehilla

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:45 pm
the reason I like the teriyaki salmon so much aside from the ease is that it's a wonderful taste for Shabbos, simchas...and it is great reheated, cold, hot, and flaked into a salad for lunch as well! forgot to add that before.

mom7270

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:45 pm
I also have a recipe for picled salmon that is heaven, its ketchup mayo vinegar sugar and water, and bay leaves it comes out delish... or I use picling spices and a mixture of water vinegar ketchup and brown sugar also yum

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 7:49 pm
Yikes, how will I ever decide? They all sound great! Thanks!

cdawnr

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 9:10 pm
Here's a quick and easy one from allrecipes that I get rave reviews on everytime:

Marinade Salmo n fillets for 10+ minutes in:
1/3 C Balsalmic vinegar
1/2 c olive oil
basil
cilantro
garlic salt (I just use garlic powder and salt)
--(Sorry, I don't measure the spices anymore, just pour on quite a bit)

The balsalmic and olive oil should be whicked together for better mixture.

Then either broil for something like 12 minutes, flipping halfway through...but I dont know how to broil on the oven I now have so I wrap the pan tightly in tin foil and cook at at high temp 450 or 500, not so consistent for like 20 minutes. Stays mpoist from the seal and I always get a rave review

Oh, you can replace cilantro with oregano

yersp

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 9:46 pm
Very ease, very simple and DELICIOUS!!!

In a small pan pour in can of peas and carrots (drained of course!!) Smear mayonnaise on the salmon, put on top of p&c's. Pour tomato sauce on top and baked covered for an hour. Uncover for half an hour. You have a delicious fish and sauce!!!

Enjoy!

happyhub

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 10:17 pm
the suzie fischbein short on time salmon salad. it is heavan

el2cg

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 10:56 pm
I take a big peice of foil, place frozen stir fry mix, lay salmon on top, shmear chopped garlic ( I use the one from freezer) with 2 tbsp of teriyaki sauce. (for 1 slice) I fold the foil over it. and bake it. my dh loves it! ( I don't like fish)

mamacita

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 3:15 am
My brother swears by orange juice and soy sauce. Haven't tried it yet, but it's apparently one of his specialties.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 10:42 am
I'm marinating salmon in OJ and soy sauce now - it had better be good!!!!

Lani22

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 10:50 am
I LOVE pickled salmon.

applesnax

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 10:59 am
Rochelro wrote:
I've eaten salmon a lot of different ways and the only way I really like it is pickled. It's really easy to make and delicious.
You just boil the salmon with water, sugar,lemon juice, salt and pepper and a sliced onion for 25 min. add pickling spice (or bay leaves and whole cloves) for the last 5 min. serve hot or refigerate for a day or more and serve cold (the taste is even better this way)
If you want the exact measurements, just ask me.

hi this soungs good,
can u post the exact recipe please?

anyone have recipes for marinated salmon that stays well for a week or so in the fridge? thanks!

challi

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 11:31 am
This is my own special recipe:

chopped pecans
paprika
garlic
pepper
honey
balsamic vinegar

sprinkle spices over salmon filet, drizzle with honey (helps the pecans stay on) then top filet with pecans, drizzle with a lot of honey and then pour balsamic vinegar over it. Let it bake in the oven at 350 till done. Its really easy, delish and looks so beautiful and fancy.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 12:14 pm
Orange juice and soy sauce was great! I also added lemon juice and some Old Bay seasoning. It's really really good! Thanks for posting the recipe!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics