Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
What's your favorite salmon recipe?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

mamacita

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 12:09 pm
Hehe, it'll make my brother's day to know you liked it, maybe I should try it.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 7:24 am
I love sweet & sour pickled salmon (cold)

For hot, I put the salmon on a greased pan. Spray with PAM, put salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder & bake.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 7:32 am
mamacita wrote:
Hehe, it'll make my brother's day to know you liked it, maybe I should try it.

It was very good, I'm going to have it for lunch again today.

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 7:48 am
Okay, after two days of picturing all these slices of salmon in the pan, each prepared a different way, I decided on pickled. I've never done it before but had it a few times and would like to try it.
Any recipes with exact measurements please?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 7:51 am
My mother (UN=Bubby) makes the most incredible pickled salmon. All our usual guests look forward to it on Yomim Tovim. Send her a PM and ask her to post it, or I will ask her for you.

cbs880

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 11:02 am
easiest salmon recipe ever! A real winner when you are short on time but want to make something good.

BBQ Salmon
-salmon fillets
-bbq sauce
-onions

Slice an onion into rounds. Layer a baking pan with the slices. Place the salmon on top of the onion. Slather generously with your favorite bbq sauce. Bake for about half hour or until until the fish flakes.

Enjoy!

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 12:07 pm
defy, can you post exact measurements for mamcita's oj/sy sauce recipe? I've decided on that one for purim. thanks.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 12:11 pm
I didn't measure, just poured a little bit of each into a bag and marinated the salmon inside.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 1:41 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I'm marinating salmon in OJ and soy sauce now - it had better be good!!!!

ok. lets say equal amounts of oj and sy sc? and after you marinated it, you baked it or fried it? did you bake/fry it in the suace also?
sorry, I like recipes exact.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 1:44 pm
I broiled it. I'm really not sure if it was equal amounts - probably a bit more OJ than soy sauce. I broiled it in the sauce.

chestnut

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 1:46 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Orange juice and soy sauce was great! I also added lemon juice and some Old Bay seasoning. It's really really good! Thanks for posting the recipe!

how long did you marinate it? you marinated it with lemon juice and old bay seasoning? (what's that?)

if I bake it, I should bake in this marinade?

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 1:48 pm
I marinated it for about an hour. I'm not sure the amounts of OJ and Soy sauce, I just put a few glugs of each into the bag for one piece of salmon.

I marinated it in a bag, so I didn't need much of the OJ or soy sauce. Probably just a few tablespoons of each.

bubby

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 7:05 am
Wow, I'm flattered!! OK, here is the famous pickled salmon recipe. I can't take credit for it, though!

Salmon slices (about 6??)
1 c. ketchup
1 c. vinegar
1 c. water
1 sliced onion
1/2 c sugar
2 T pickling slices

Poach salmon skin side down in cold water, just enough to barely cover the fish, COVERED for 10 mins. Let cool in water (it carries on cooking a bit as it cools.) BTW, that's 10 mins from a gentle boil; not high heat.

Pour over salmon in an airtight container & refrigerate. Lasts up to1 1/2 - 2 weeks (if it's not eaten.)

Now, I adapted this as follows: firstly, when I make it I use about 18-24 slices about 2" wide, thick slices, so I eat least triple the sauce mixture. And I use A LOT more than the equivalent of 2T pickling spices..makes it more yummy. I just "shpoch" it in! Mix eveything very well before you pour it over the fish. Leave the skin on till serving, it stops it disintegrating. It's best to make a couple of days before using.

If your put this over angel hair pasta it's quite an elegant dish for fancy guests.

Hope you enjoy it!!

bubby

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 7:06 am
Sorry, typo...pickling SPICES with a p LOL

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 7:26 am
Thank you, Bubby! I was going to PM you but you beat me to it. I'll let you know how it came out IY"H after Purim.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 7:50 am
Bubby, you just cook the fish in water. put into container, and pour the sauce over, that's it?
How long does it have to marinate for, before serving?

bubby

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 3:40 pm
NEWSFLASH!!!

I was talking to DD & remembered I forgot to say drain the salmon before you pour the sauce over it!

Sorry!! embarrassed

bubby

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 3:53 pm
If you prepare it & marinate a few days before you serve it it really absorbs the flavor.

chestnut

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 4:14 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I broiled it. I'm really not sure if it was equal amounts - probably a bit more OJ than soy sauce. I broiled it in the sauce.

for how long did you broil it?

smile

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 5:13 pm
ketchup and mayonnaise mixed and spread over salmon and baked in oven. Wink
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics