Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
My "Corona-versary"
1  2  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:10 pm
This week is my one year "Corona-versary". Yep, I just coined a new word. I'm still dealing with long term after affects.

Anyone else hit the one year mark yet? How are you feeling now? Anything weird happening to you that you didn't have before you got the virus?

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:17 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
This week is my one year "Corona-versary". Yep, I just coined a new word. I'm still dealing with long term after affects.

Anyone else hit the one year mark yet? How are you feeling now? Anything weird happening to you that you didn't have before you got the virus?

I didn't reach a year. Prob 2 weeks shy of it. My smell didnt come back completely. Otherwise im good bh. And I still have antibodies as of 2-3 months ago. How about u? U stilll have?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:18 pm
For me it’s 11 months. I Still have antibodies Bh.
Yes, I’m still dealing with the crazy after effects. I just went to the dr for a blood test to rule out any illnesses.
I’ve been dealing with joint pain, headaches, fatigue, weakness, and distorted sense of taste and smell. There are lots of Foods I can’t eat anymore, and I was never a picky eater.
I’m in my 20s, and have been feeling like this since I had corona.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
For me it’s 11 months. I Still have antibodies Bh.
Yes, I’m still dealing with the crazy after effects. I just went to the dr for a blood test to rule out any illnesses.
I’ve been dealing with joint pain, headaches, fatigue, weakness, and distorted sense of taste and smell. There are lots of Foods I can’t eat anymore, and I was never a picky eater.
I’m in my 20s, and have been feeling like this since I had corona.

I was never tested for antibodies, and because I'm 55 I was able to get the vaccines.

Like you, I have all of those effects still, and serious brain fog at times as well.

Before Covid I already had CFS/ME and fibromyalgia, but with lots of work on my health, I was doing extremely well on most days. Getting the virus set me back about 5 years of progress.

Going to the post office can wipe me out for a day. If I do grocery shopping and some light house cleaning, I'm usually in bed for the next 2 to 3 days. I have to be very careful to pace myself.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:27 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I was never tested for antibodies, and because I'm 55 I was able to get the vaccines.

Like you, I have all of those effects still, and serious brain fog at times as well.

Before Covid I already had CFS/ME and fibromyalgia, but with lots of work on my health, I was doing extremely well on most days. Getting the virus set me back about 5 years of progress.

Going to the post office can wipe me out for a day. If I do grocery shopping and some light house cleaning, I'm usually in bed for the next 2 to 3 days. I have to be very careful to pace myself.

I feel like it aged me, and I also feel like I developed arthritis.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:32 pm
I feel like it aged me, and I also feel like I developed arthritis.

YES. That's a very good way of putting it. My arthritis has also gotten worse. Every time I get up from a chair or sofa I groan like an old man! It's embarrassing, but I can't help it.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:34 pm
Just curious why you never tested for antibodies?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:34 pm
It’s been 11 months for me and I still have the brain fog... I have had the “why am I looking in fridge” after having a bunch of kids but this year it had been MUCH worse...

yksraya

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:39 pm
For me it's also almost a year. Still am very weakened. Get sick more often. It made my allergies and asthma worse. And some other minor discomfort. My taste and smell is almost back, but not completely. Yes, as a poster above put it, it aged me.

I guess bh I'm lucky I'm alive and slowly getting better.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:48 pm
My coworker had it 11 months ago. She developed tingling/numbness in both arms that comes and goes. In one arm, the numbness hits particularly hard so she cant hold things like coffee because she may spill them...the neurologist she went to said its from covid, and to just hope it goes away, but she still has it

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:56 pm
On the Jewish calendar, yes. I reached the anniversary. I had a “privilege” to be first documented case in my town.

Those that said it aged them, I’m with you. Same here, plus the brain fog and memory problems. Also my migraine came back.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:18 pm
Start taking vitamins. It helped me a lot

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:19 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Start taking vitamins. It helped me a lot

Which ones?

bobeli

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:25 pm
A year too!
Do you know where you got it? Do you see a difference with the people that got it in crowded places?
Do you have some “symptoms “ when you are in a place with people that have it?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:46 pm
bobeli wrote:
A year too!
Do you know where you got it? Do you see a difference with the people that got it in crowded places?
Do you have some “symptoms “ when you are in a place with people that have it?

I get allergy symptoms my nose stuffs up, and I get a headache. Do you also have that?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:44 pm
It’s almost one year for me. My breathing is still not normal. Shortness of breath and weird breathing pattern. Finally found a new doctor who believes me about this and only because she had COVID also and has similar symptoms.
Also I needed surgery this past summer for a problem that meds were controlling until COVID.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 11:30 am
I get allergy symptoms my nose stuffs up, and I get a headache. Do you also have that?

This has been the WORST year I can remember for allergies.

Post Covid, I also had a tooth that got infected and had to be pulled, and then I had a really bad sinus infection. I ended up on a lot of very strong antibiotics.

My dentist said that his office has been swamped with infected gums and teeth, and people complaining of sinus pain and tonsillitis. He has referred more people to an ENT than he has ever done in his life.

He calls it a post-Covid bacterial infection, because Covid wipes out your entire immune system, opening the gates for every bacteria that comes your way. If you've been carrying a low level of bacteria that your body has been keeping under control, it will flare up like crazy as soon as you get over Covid.

Post-Covid symptoms are so common now, that all of my doctors just wave their hands and say "Oh yeah, everybody is like that now." Nobody is denying that there are serious, long term effects.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:23 pm
My Hebrew anniversary is in a few days, English in 2 weeks. I got sick a week after Purim. I don't have any after effects though.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:29 pm
Me too. My extended family spent the Shabbos after Purim together due to a Simcha, and the following week, many of us had COVID, myself included. Now it's one year later, and I feel incredibly grateful that we are all alive to tell the tale. Baruch Shehecheyanu.

I got my sense of smell back, but not 100%. Still have times where I don't smell things as strongly. I also have some taste issues, and I can't eat or drink certain foods that I used to enjoy. But most foods are okay. I'm grateful for that too.

I finally saw an orthopedist for back pain, also a gift of COVID that I never had before. I will be starting physical therapy to try to target the muscles that spasm and cause the pain. The first time I had this pain was the day I had the first COVID chills.

small bean

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:33 pm
It's a year for me. I still have antibodies and no side effects. I was pregnant at the time and my baby is perfectly healthy with no side effects as far as I can see. Same for all members of our household, well some are not at a year yet but will be in 2 weeks.

For those of you having issues, you should do blood work and check your magnisum, vitamin b and zinc levels. You may need supplements.

Last edited by small bean on Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics