Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach kitchen storage - no Pesach kitchen
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 9:44 am
For those who don’t have a Pesach kitchen and don’t have lots of extra space...

If you don’t empty your cabinets to store your Pesach goods there, where do you store everything? Pots, dishes, paper goods, groceries, kids foods etc...

Please share specific items you use, whether types of shelving, drawers or whatever it is that works for you. Not permanent because I can’t afford to clutter my home with more furniture year round.

Thank you!

essie14

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 9:48 am
I clear out a few cabinets and I also bring in a plastic drawers on wheels thing and I keep a plastic closet in my garage for canned and packaged goods.

watergirl

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 9:51 am
I've been making full pesach since 2000.

All of my pesach stuff is in about 3-4 boxes. I have a set of plastic drawers where I keep my utensils, etc. and I just bring it up for pesach and then put it back in my basement after. It's small. I have just a few pots and pans and bring them up when I need them. A few years ago, I decided to stop buying all the paper plates, plastic cups, etc. and went to Ikea and spent the same thing I normally spent for one pesach on disposable plates/cups and bought 12 plates, 12 salad plates, 12 bowls, cups, etc. I have a relatively minimal amount of things.

For pesach, we do empty one cabinet for dishes and one for food. I keep my pots and pans right on my counter and yes, I hate it but I deal with it for the week. Again, I have a minimal amount.

amother
Firebrick

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

I keep this cabinet in my garage and I just bring it up to my kitchen once I do my pesach shopping and slowly start filling it up with my pesach stuff as I shop/turn over. It’s not huge but stores what I need. I keep an extra box on the side for all paper goods since those who are up too much space in the cabinet. You might be able to take it apart and store it flat if you don’t have the room.

amother
OP

essie14 wrote:
I clear out a few cabinets and I also bring in a plastic drawers on wheels thing and I keep a plastic closet in my garage for canned and packaged goods.

And where do you store all the stuff you emptied from cabinets over Pesach?

Petra

If you have a little space, you can get some hard plastic cabinets/pantry closets. These can be found in most big box home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowes, or whatever is in your area.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 9:53 am
deleted

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 9:53 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:

I keep this cabinet in my garage and I just bring it up to my kitchen once I do my pesach shopping and slowly start filling it up with my pesach stuff as I shop/turn over. It’s not huge but stores what I need. I keep an extra box on the side for all paper goods since those who are up too much space in the cabinet. You might be able to take it apart and store it flat if you don’t have the room.

Thank you for this link!

lucky14

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 9:54 am

So smart. We are a small family and I just use plastic storage bins and stack things like plates and bowls on the counter. I remove the microwave for pesach and use that shelf to store some food items. It's a mess especially in a small kitchen but it's only for a week..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:00 am

The reviews are consistently pretty bad. How long have you had this?

essie14

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And where do you store all the stuff you emptied from cabinets over Pesach?

In cardboard boxes in the garage

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:08 am
I empty a couple top cabinets and shove everything into any space in the bottom cabinets below. It's a giant mess, but it works.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:12 am
Petra wrote:
If you have a little space, you can get some hard plastic cabinets/pantry closets. These can be found in most big box home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowes, or whatever is in your area.

Thanks. I looked into these, they may work. If I get small ones we can even store the Pesach stuff in them year round and simply put the entire filled units away in storage rather than in boxes.

Stars

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:12 am
Basically on the counters. It’s a mess but it’s only for one week. I can deal with anything if I know it ends after a week.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:13 am
Do you mean ON pesach, or for the rest of the year?
I have a monster cabinet on top of my fridge where I store a lot of my pesach stuff. Everything else goes upstairs, into a storage closet. On pesach, I bring everything down and store it on my kitchen table, cookbook book shelf (I take all the books off), on the counter....I used to turn over cabinets and drawers, but it just got to be too much. Clean up is also much easier this way- one step (just put everything away) rather than two (put away and then put all my chametz stuff back)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:13 am
Stars wrote:
Basically on the counters. It’s a mess but it’s only for one week. I can deal with anything if I know it ends after a week.

But without a Pesach kitchen, how is it only a week? Unless you don’t do much cooking before Pesach.

watergirl

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But without a Pesach kitchen, how is it only a week? Unless you don’t do much cooking before Pesach.

I turn over my kitchen 2 days before pesach and do the cooking then. Really not a big deal. The idea is to keep it all simple.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:16 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Do you mean ON pesach, or for the rest of the year?

Mostly on/before Pesach. But the biggest Pesach stress for me is emptying chometz cabinets, putting away the chometz contents, hauling out the Pesach boxes, filling the cabinets... then after Pesach undoing everything. This for me is more stressful than the cleaning or cooking. But if I have a solution to both at once, that would be awesome.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I turn over at some point during the week before pesach. So let’s say like this year I need to be ready by shabbat, so I hope to turn over Monday or Tuesday.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:18 am
watergirl wrote:
I turn over my kitchen 2 days before pesach and do the cooking then. Really not a big deal. The idea is to keep it all simple.

I keep thinking of doing this but the whole cooking/cleanup leaves me very exhausted (even basics. I never do elaborate). I don’t want to get into Pesach wiped out. Which is why for my sanity I need to have a chunk of it done before last minute. But it then brings on a host of other stresses. Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics