Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
British Royal Family Drama
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 29  30  31  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:56 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
She married a rich white guy who is also famous and is known by the entire world. His own mother was harassed by the media and was tragically killed because of it. Why would anyone believe that Meghan is facing racism when she married a rich white guy whose white mother got it worse than Meghan ever did? Meghan knew what she was getting into, she had the choice to walk away and not deal with any of the drama that comes with a public life. She made her bed, now she is refusing to sleep in it and we have to somehow defend her? That doesnt even begin to make sense. Were Jews asked to defend Diana as well or is Meghan so privileged that she deserves better protection from Jews than we gave Diana?

And btw, she doesnt get along with her own family who is black so you cant blame anyone except for her for her actions.

I hate when people say things like this. How do you know why someone doesn't get along with their family? Some abusers say this to their victims, I.e. "you don't even get along with your own family so it must be your fault that we're always fighting"

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:08 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I hate when people say things like this. How do you know why someone doesn't get along with their family? Some abusers say this to their victims, I.e. "you don't even get along with your own family so it must be your fault that we're always fighting"

That was in response to someone claiming that what Meghan is going through is somehow racism. But are her problems with her own family also racism?

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:48 am
I am not a Bill Maher fan (although I agree with his take on the whole PC movement), but I think many of the points he makes here about the royal family and the whole Megan and Harry business are spot on:

Warning: Some lightly inappropriate language, and you can skip the first 2 min and still get the point.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:59 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I'm going to say this again so people will actually stop pretending it's not here: When Megan and harry had Archie, a British Tabloid writer posted a picture of an CHIMPANZEE on his twitter. If that's not racist, I don't actually know what that is.

Maybe it was a bad joke. Why would that be considered racist? Do you think black people look like chimpanzees?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:34 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Maybe it was a bad joke. Why would that be considered racist? Do you think black people look like chimpanzees?

https://theconversation.com/co.....55102

This is a very long article, but worth reading. Here is a good quote:

Quote:
Long before post-Darwinian “scientific racism” begins to develop, then, one can find blacks being depicted as closer to apes on the Great Chain of Being. Take mid-19th century America in circles in which polygenesis (separate origins for the races) was taken seriously. Leading scientists of the day Josiah C. Nott and George R. Gliddon, in their 1854 Types of Mankind, documented what they saw as objective racial hierarchies with illustrations comparing blacks to chimpanzees, gorillas, and orangutans.

moonstone

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 6:09 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

It never occurred to me that he was being racist. It was a picture from the 1930s (I think) of a posh couple and their pet chimp dressed in posh clothing. I honestly just thought it was a way to poke fun at the royal family.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:31 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

This may be true, but first of all the picture of the chimpanzee that was posted was accompanied by two white people. Second of all, Megan Markle looks more white than black. And finally, babies in general, regardless of race, sometimes look like monkeys. Mine sure did and I still call some of my little ones "monkey" - am I being racist towards my kids?

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:36 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

I don't think that, but it's an age-old trope that they do. People brought monkey dolls to Tea-Party rallys, to represent Barack Obama. This is not new.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:46 am
When is the interview being aired?

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:47 am
I don't think that, but it's an age-old trope that they do. People brought monkey dolls to Tea-Party rallys, to represent Barack Obama. This is not new.

Frum Jews are hugging me for pointing out racism? That's rich.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:58 am

Who, one wacko guy?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:23 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
When is the interview being aired?

Tonight's 60 minutes at 7? I know Oprah's done interviews for them so that's what I'm assuming.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:24 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Tonight's 60 minutes at 7? I know Oprah's done interviews for them so that's what I'm assuming.

Thanks

I hope they take it back at the last minute

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:29 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

I’m in the UK and we have to wait till tomorrow to watch 😆 it’s a 2 hour interview apparently.

Palace aides are staying up the night here to watch it in order to be able to report back to the queen at breakfast tomorrow! And also to give them time to prepare statements should it be required.

What a mess.

Let’s wait and see what they say!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:24 pm

I know this wasn’t your point but an example of not having to live your family’s bats*hit life was Hasidim and kapparos near Scientology

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:30 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:

I know this wasn’t your point but an example of not having to live your family’s bats*hit life was Hasidim and kapparos near Scientology

Hu? Rolling Eyes

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:43 pm
yuk
and antisemitism pokes its ugly head up through it all as usual

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:52 pm
Will it be uploaded to YouTube? If indeed so, when?

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:55 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
yuk
and antisemitism pokes its ugly head up through it all as usual

So people are belivig the antisemitism, but not the racism? Ironic.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:58 pm
DrMom wrote:
I am not a Bill Maher fan (although I agree with his take on the whole PC movement), but I think many of the points he makes here about the royal family and the whole Megan and Harry business are spot on:

Warning: Some lightly inappropriate language, and you can skip the first 2 min and still get the point.

Yes, he is spot on. But this didn't address the way a person should move on from their past. You can leave respectfully without denigrating the rest of your family. The fact that they're willing to go on air on a global level just to villify their family, is what speaks the loudest. Decent human beings move on and go their own merry way, without looking to destroy their own. The fact that they're doing this just highlights their true intentions. They're a lot of whining, self-absorbed, attention seeking, money grabbing people of the lowest order. And I say lowest order, because they're as dishonest as can be. Pretending to be all righteous and victims, with no consideration of their own actions, is as low as one can go. Especially when the high road is right there for their taking - the very high road they pretended they really want to take.
Page 6 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics