Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
British Royal Family Drama
  Previous  1  2  3   29  30  31  Next

WhatFor

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:52 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Honestly I feel sorry for Harry.

The power of a wife. You can make or break your husband. Look at Kate she made her husband while Megan...oish!

Yes, look at poor Harry. There he was, the classy royal, running to a costume party dressed as a Nazi, getting caught partying naked in Vegas, when along came Megan and got him all (gasp) married, and oh no, he has a child, and (clutches pearls) he moved to CALIFORNIA!

Gotta love when women blame other women for men's behavior. If Harry left the royal family, why are you so confident he wasn't fully capable of owning this decision as well? He's not first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth in line to the throne. His past behavior indicates he has zero desire to behave like a conformist as would be required had they remained as royals.

Please stop infantilizing men and blaming couples' decisions on the woman. There's no reason to assume Harry has no agency in major life decisions.

imorethanamother

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 3:27 am
WhatFor wrote:
Yes, look at poor Harry. There he was, the classy royal, running to a costume party dressed as a Nazi, getting caught partying naked in Vegas, when along came Megan and got him all (gasp) married, and oh no, he has a child, and (clutches pearls) he moved to CALIFORNIA!

Gotta love when women blame other women for men's behavior. If Harry left the royal family, why are you so confident he wasn't fully capable of owning this decision as well? He's not first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth in line to the throne. His past behavior indicates he has zero desire to behave like a conformist as would be required had they remained as royals.

Please stop infantilizing men and blaming couples' decisions on the woman. There's no reason to assume Harry has no agency in major life decisions.

I agree with you, to a point. From interviews it looks like he has a lot of mental issues stemming from his upbringing. He speaks to his father through staff. His mother, well, enough said. His drug use was blamed on a friend to avoid getting bad press. He has dyslexia. I doubt most of what he dealt with was really addressed.

He has a bit of his mother's incredible charisma. It's missing in the other royals, who are pleasant enough. And he really did great work with Sentebale and with the invictus foundation. He really could have been a superstar player, doing incredible charity work that the other family members would be envious of.

If he had married someone who valued hard work, charity work, and making a real difference in the world, he really could have been something special. But when you don't have Torah, you can never really rise above, can you? He chose someone like Meghan, so he bears some of the blame, but she is a good example of what that poster said. Her values center around herself and what she can get. And she drags him down - I really don't think he would have moved to California or given up all his life's work on his own, without her voice in his ear.

To me, Meghan is the embodiment of "he who chases after kavod will never get it."
To me, Kate is the embodiment of, "A fool who keeps silent is considered wise." She doesn't say any lashon hara, never says a word to any press, even back when she was single and William broke up with her. She'll go far, it's an incredible middah.

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 3:40 am
I’m fascinated by Meghan. However I think an former American tv star and a prince of England is not a really good match but I agree Harry has been acting out already his whole life. I found him cute but I have another British prince Bh ❤️

SuperWify

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 4:14 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Yes,. but all he had to do was move to the the countryside, stay out of trouble, and cut ribbons at supermarket openings. He chose to actively snub the family and seek celebrity in California. That's unnecessary and childish.

On the other hand, I didn't think the marriage would even last this long, so I clearly don't have much insight.

I hate Megan’s guts.

Sesame

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 4:17 am
Can’t stand her or what she’s done to the royal family
In Britain the royal family are massively respected. Meghan treated it like being a celebrity rather than being a royal. Their motto is never complain never explain and she did the exact opposite
Kate also had a hard time, but she rose above and she is very beloved
Harry was popular and charming and Britain needed a prince like him. He ditched the British ppl. So as far as I’m concerned, he’s no longer a royal. You can’t be a part time royal!
I understand they want to leave and I respect their decision. It makes sense for them. But their subsequent behaviour is crazy for royalty.
They have disrespected the royal family, the British ppl and disappointed us with their double standards and behaviour. I find that sickening. Poor old queen! And wills and Kate!

sushilover

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 4:33 am
WhatFor wrote:

I'm not sure how you went from amother firebrick saying that she feels bad for Harry to accusing her of infantilizing men....

Personally, I don't feel bad for him, but I feel bad for his brother who is apparently devastated with the breakdown of their relationship. Wearing a stupid costume or partying naked is a far cry from breaking up a relationship with your only sibling, not to mention the rest of your family. It seems obvious that Meghan played a large role in that.

I think we all know someone whose spouse caused harm to a family relationship. It's not infantilizing to acknowledge that reality.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 6:28 am
In fairness to Harry, he had a had time finding someone to marry from his own circles. He dated a lot of nice girls but they didn’t want the level of scrutiny that marrying him would have entailed.

Siriusly?

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 6:50 am
This is brilliant! LOL
https://www.ft.com/content/2be.....01402

Quote:
With the sensational screening of the Harry and Meghan Oprah Winfrey interview, it is increasingly clear that the royal family is now working directly with Netflix to furnish plotlines for future seasons of The Crown.

Deploying the accuracy that has characterised that series, the FT can reveal that scriptwriters and equerries have been meeting in secret to collaborate on ideas amid growing concern at Netflix that the royal emphasis on dutiful stability was a ratings killer. “Since about 2000, the royals seemed to be on some weird new no-drama kick, which may be fine for a constitutional monarchy but simply does not work for event TV,” said one insider.

It was this secret committee that came up with the plan to parachute a bona fide TV actress into the ranks of the royals to improvise new dramatic plotlines.

The need for direct collaboration had become obvious during the happiness years. Although show runners were initially excited about Prince William’s courtship of and marriage to Kate Middleton, they fear audiences will tire of an outwardly stable relationship. Viewers are eagerly anticipating the bit in season five when the Queen takes a cameo role as Dame Helen Mirren but these are rare moments of stardust.

Producers were worried they would be unable to top the drama of the Diana story. “There was just no new Queen of Hearts to work with,” said one insider. “It’s crushing a winning franchise.”

It was amid this deepening sense of crisis that the radical “second son” strategy evolved. The spare-heir storyline had already been trialled with Princess Margaret. This twin-track approach allows the primary royals to go on being dutiful while permitting dramatic storylines for less constitutionally significant figures and the occasional confrontation in which an enraged Windsor purses their lips and says “I see”.

Not all has gone smoothly. Prince Andrew was furious when he discovered the storyline turning him into a global sleazeball but was soothed by the promise of a major scene in which his wrongdoing is exposed live in a Newsnight interview with Meghan Markle.

But it was the pairing of Harry and Meghan — or HazMeg — that guaranteed at least a seventh season, by which time the Queen will be played by a computer generated Celia Johnson. The FT understands that the storyline will see the beautiful and sensitive Princess Meghan criticised by a stuffy and racially insensitive British establishment as she battles to spring her prince from his royal cage and teach the values of compassion, intersectionality, Facetune and the Goop store.

The sixth season ends with Meghan and Harry tunnelling out of Buckingham Palace under the eyes of Her Majesty’s secret police. They then flee London disguised as the Earl and Countess of Wessex to avoid recognition.

The Oprah interview — due to air this weekend — is seen as a major moment in the seventh season and scriptwriters are looking forward to a lengthy montage juxtaposing furious Royals watching the Sussexes spill the beans.

Even so, series 7 could be the end of the line. There is the eventual accession of King Charles (Michael Palin) but writers were unenthused by plotlines in which he invents a new flavour of Duchy Originals and develops some marshland at Highgrove.

Scriptwriters now see the glamorous Sussexes, along with their children and direwolf, as the future, following them as they stylishly fight global injustice, environmental damage and the Daily Mail. There have even been approaches to Nicola Sturgeon for what would be a sensational Game of Thrones plotline in which Harry, played by Ewan McGregor, claims the Iron Throne as the first king of a newly independent Scotland.

The real-world royals may limp on across our TV screens but in the even more real world of Netflix, “Windsor is coming” and The Only Way is Sussex.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 6:57 am
Meghan should have known what she was commiting to when she married Harry. Unless, of course, she never committed to fit in the first place.
I do feel bad for Harry. Who says he would have wanted this had he not married Meghan. He would never have left.

Raisin

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 7:11 am
Siriusly? wrote:
This is brilliant! LOL

Quote:
With the sensational screening of the Harry and Meghan Oprah Winfrey interview, it is increasingly clear that the royal family is now working directly with Netflix to furnish plotlines for future seasons of The Crown.

Deploying the accuracy that has characterised that series, the FT can reveal that scriptwriters and equerries have been meeting in secret to collaborate on ideas amid growing concern at Netflix that the royal emphasis on dutiful stability was a ratings killer. “Since about 2000, the royals seemed to be on some weird new no-drama kick, which may be fine for a constitutional monarchy but simply does not work for event TV,” said one insider.

It was this secret committee that came up with the plan to parachute a bona fide TV actress into the ranks of the royals to improvise new dramatic plotlines.

The need for direct collaboration had become obvious during the happiness years. Although show runners were initially excited about Prince William’s courtship of and marriage to Kate Middleton, they fear audiences will tire of an outwardly stable relationship. Viewers are eagerly anticipating the bit in season five when the Queen takes a cameo role as Dame Helen Mirren but these are rare moments of stardust.

Producers were worried they would be unable to top the drama of the Diana story. “There was just no new Queen of Hearts to work with,” said one insider. “It’s crushing a winning franchise.”

It was amid this deepening sense of crisis that the radical “second son” strategy evolved. The spare-heir storyline had already been trialled with Princess Margaret. This twin-track approach allows the primary royals to go on being dutiful while permitting dramatic storylines for less constitutionally significant figures and the occasional confrontation in which an enraged Windsor purses their lips and says “I see”.

Not all has gone smoothly. Prince Andrew was furious when he discovered the storyline turning him into a global sleazeball but was soothed by the promise of a major scene in which his wrongdoing is exposed live in a Newsnight interview with Meghan Markle.

But it was the pairing of Harry and Meghan — or HazMeg — that guaranteed at least a seventh season, by which time the Queen will be played by a computer generated Celia Johnson. The FT understands that the storyline will see the beautiful and sensitive Princess Meghan criticised by a stuffy and racially insensitive British establishment as she battles to spring her prince from his royal cage and teach the values of compassion, intersectionality, Facetune and the Goop store.

The sixth season ends with Meghan and Harry tunnelling out of Buckingham Palace under the eyes of Her Majesty’s secret police. They then flee London disguised as the Earl and Countess of Wessex to avoid recognition.

The Oprah interview — due to air this weekend — is seen as a major moment in the seventh season and scriptwriters are looking forward to a lengthy montage juxtaposing furious Royals watching the Sussexes spill the beans.

Even so, series 7 could be the end of the line. There is the eventual accession of King Charles (Michael Palin) but writers were unenthused by plotlines in which he invents a new flavour of Duchy Originals and develops some marshland at Highgrove.

Scriptwriters now see the glamorous Sussexes, along with their children and direwolf, as the future, following them as they stylishly fight global injustice, environmental damage and the Daily Mail. There have even been approaches to Nicola Sturgeon for what would be a sensational Game of Thrones plotline in which Harry, played by Ewan McGregor, claims the Iron Throne as the first king of a newly independent Scotland.

The real-world royals may limp on across our TV screens but in the even more real world of Netflix, “Windsor is coming” and The Only Way is Sussex.

this is hilarious.

I am kind of surprised too see all the deep feelings here. Why should any of us hate Meghan? I don't know her. Maybe they are doing the right thing for their mental health to leave the Royal Family. We don't really know what is going on. I will say I was very happy to see some racial diversity enter the Royal bloodline (all that inbreeding is not doing them any good) and it is sad to see family members fall out with one another. I am not really sure race is anything to do with it. If Meghan was a blonde american actress with the identical personality it would probably have played out in a similar way.

This whole interview thing with Oprah doesn't sit right with me, but to be fair I haven't watched the trailers. (do they or don't they like the media? This sort of thing will just feed the paparazzi frenzy)

I think Prince Philip can handle all this, even ill in hospital. He's a bit of a character.

To be honest, after Andrew, this is all small potatoes.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 7:16 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Meghan should have known what she was commiting to when she married Harry. Unless, of course, she never committed to fit in the first place.
I do feel bad for Harry. Who says he would have wanted this had he not married Meghan. He would never have left.

How do you know Harry wasn't looking to leave?

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 7:30 am
And Harry and Meghan just announced her second pregnancy.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:03 am
yea, why do I hate Meghan so much?
and I didn't think their marriage would last this long!

byisrael

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:22 am
I actually fault Harry. He reminds me of the queens uncle. And many celebrity kids. Selfish, spoiled, pampered "poor me" without any understanding of real struggle or appreciation of the sacrifices someone like the Queen makes. Yeah sure there are mental health issues - you go to therapy to deal with that, you don't try to get public sympathy and destroy your family.
Yeah he had a messed up childhood but Williams was equally messed up. It looks like he is trying to dismantle the institution of monarchy.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:02 am
[quote="allthingsblue"]How do you know Harry wasn't looking to leave?[/quote
Why didn't he do it before? So he was just looking for an escape route?

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:06 am
[quote="amother [ Blue ]"]
allthingsblue wrote:
How do you know Harry wasn't looking to leave?[/quote
Why didn't he do it before? So he was just looking for an escape route?

Very possibly. Like so many other people in real life who I know, who marry to escape their family lifestyle. He was definitely do things his own way before he met her, although he hadn't officially stepped away.

Why do you think he was attracted to her in the first place, instead of a woman from a more similar background?

essie14

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:13 am
Siriusly? wrote:
This is brilliant! LOL

Quote:

This is hilariously awesome LOL

grace413

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:44 am
imorethanamother wrote:

. But when you don't have Torah, you can never really rise above, can you?

It's a big world out there and there are many non Jewish people with fine character.

smile18

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 10:07 am
I hate and can't stand Meghan.
She manipulates harry with her smile and behaviors

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 10:11 am
SuperWify wrote:
I hate Megan’s guts.

Wow. Does she trigger you? 😟
I don’t like her but don’t expend that much emotional energy on them.
A friend of mine did tell me that she’s reminded of her own family dynamics...
Page 2 of 31   Previous  1  2  3   29  30  31  Next Recent Topics