Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
British Royal Family Drama
  Previous  1  2  3  4 29  30  31  Next

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 10:16 am
I understand they felt that they needed to leave the country, couldn't thrive as part of the RF.
It just feels very wrong to go on Oprah bashing the family. This is family- brother, parents, etc.
It's also not at all clear that they are actually supporting themselves in their lavish environment.
Prince Charles seems to be giving them very generous allowances.
Bad-mouthing him and the queen is literally biting the hand that feeds you

Diane's public interviews might have been well-watched, but they were not well-received and it alienated her from her boys.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 11:48 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I find Kate much prettier.

Kate is pretty. Meghan is sxy

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:01 pm
Am I the only one who loves them? I think the royal family treated Diana horribly and this is their comeuppance.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:41 pm
I think they have a right to leave and escape the British press, and even any "responsibilities" they'd have if they stayed in the family. But "branding" themselves, signing TV deals, and airing grievances on TV are not doing that. They do want press, they just want to control their own narrative and make loads of money so they can live in a 15 million dollar compound. I'd be a little more sympathetic if they weren't chasing media opportunities. Moving to LA is not a quiet retirement from public life.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:44 pm
Maybe I’m just not so informed, but why is this being blown up now? I thought they lost the title a while ago. Also, wasn’t it worse when the actual heir to the throne had an affair, or a couple of generations back, the the actual king abdicated in order to run off with his movie star girlfriend?

From what I understand, Meghan created a lawsuit against the British tabloids for defamation and she won. Why are we still talking about this?

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:47 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Maybe I’m just not so informed, but why is this being blown up now? I thought they lost the title a while ago. Also, wasn’t it worse when the actual heir to the throne had an affair, or a couple of generations back, the the actual king abdicated in order to run off with his movie star girlfriend?

From what I understand, Meghan created a lawsuit against the British tabloids for defamation and she won. Why are we still talking about this?

Because a black woman had the temerity to stand up against racism, and her very white husband stood by her side.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:48 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Because a black woman had the temerity to stand up against racism, and her very white husband stood by her side.

Eh. I think it's an American vs. British thing, not black vs white. Does she look black to you? Although, what does black mean anymore...

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:50 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Eh. I think it's an American vs. British thing, not black vs white. Does she look black to you? Although, what does black mean anymore...

Really you're kidding. When she had Archie, a British tabloid writer posted a picture of an orangutan. Megham Markle is as Black as Barack Obama, and he was far too black for many conservatives.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:51 pm
Really you're kidding. When she had Archie, a British tabloid writer posted a picture of an orangutan. Megham Markle is as Black as Barack Obama, and he was far too black for many conservatives.

Is she?

tigerwife

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:53 pm
Do you really think it’s about racism? First time I ever heard anything like that. I would hardly call Meghan a victim of racism after playing a lead role in a TV show and marrying a prince.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:54 pm
I think the narrative about Megan "stealing" him from the royal family so she can chase fame and fortune is more misogynistic than about race. Clearly he's chasing that too.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:55 pm

Wait, what?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:57 pm

That’s their narrative, that they are the victims. And they are profiting quite nicely off of it.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:02 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
That’s their narrative, that they are the victims. And they are profiting quite nicely off of it.

I'm going to say this again so people will actually stop pretending it's not here: When Megan and harry had Archie, a British Tabloid writer posted a picture of an CHIMPANZEE on his twitter. If that's not racist, I don't actually know what that is.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:03 pm
This brings back memories from when Meghan married Harry and her family came out all against her. They told the media what a bad person she is. I'm actually starting to believe them!

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:03 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Is she?

You think Black is just skin color? Really.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:04 pm

You really think people disliked Obama for his skin color and not for his policies??

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:05 pm
tigerwife wrote:
You really think people disliked Obama for his skin color and not for his policies??

Yes. It's not a hugely liberal idea.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:06 pm
Megan is as black as Kamala Harris is Can't Believe It LOL

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:06 pm
Yes. It's not a hugely liberal idea.

People don't like him for what he did to America
Page 3 of 31   Previous  1  2  3  4 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics