Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
British Royal Family Drama
  Previous  1  2  3 27  28 29  30  31  Next

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:09 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
This is exactly how I felt. She looks relaxed and happy and he looks absolutely miserable. She just said whatever she wanted, with surprisingly little emotion, you would think as an actress she could have at least teared up a few times, while he could hardly figure out what he wanted to say half the time.

She did cry. When she recounted in detail how she felt suicidal and how no one cared.

Harry, however, you're right. He's not very clear. I kept saying, "What?!" to the screen, his words made no sense.

Last edited by imorethanamother on Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:09 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
We take the royal family very seriously here, all the schools are taught about it and celebrate the queen's birthday etc. Even the very frum schools, it's part of our culture and upbringing. I remember when I was little my parents had a thick book of pictures of Charles and Diane's wedding, I loved it! And I'll never forget the day that Diana died. My parents, Aunt & uncle were glued to the TV on the day we went home from our summer holidays. This interview is a bit upsetting for a fellow Brit 😁 at least they didn't put down the Queen herself!

I hear the Queen is very upset over this interview. If they werent trying to hurt her then why not wait a few more years until she is dead before doing this interview?

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:15 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
She did cry. When she recounted in detail how she felt suicidal and how no one cared.

Harry, however, you're right. He's not very clear. I kept saying, "What?!" to the screen, his words made no sense.

Yes, but it was very little. For such an emotional subject I expected a lot more crying.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:18 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I haven't read all the posts properly but I just want to point out that Megan is a very talented actress. She acted for 7 years in suits and knows just when to put on the tears and what will bring people to believe her hence her mentioning race. she knew what she was getting into by marrying into the family. And shes fallen out with so many people this is just another group to add to the list. I think Harry is being manipulated and is blinded by her. A proof that shes a liar is that she said in her interview when she got engaged that she doesnt know the royal family at all when it was later revealed that she knew about them all from a young age and was fascinated by them! So I dont believe one word she said. She realised that Harry was never going to be king and wanted to escape.

+10000000000000000000

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:32 pm
Mevater wrote:
+10000000000000000000

I don't think anyone will understand completely from the outside, we only know what we are allowed to know.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:35 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I don't think anyone will understand completely from the outside, we only know what we are allowed to know.

Unless Meghan was living in a cave all along, she knew what Diana went through, and the firms' expectations of others in the firm, and how some members of the "firm" deal with people they never loved, or stop loving...

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:49 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
The Royal family may be useless, but family (minus the adjective "royal") isn't useless at all. And this is Harry's family. Not cool to throw them under the bus. Family doesn't do that.

Some families are worth walking away from or even throwing under the bus! Count your blessings!

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 12:34 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Some families are worth walking away from or even throwing under the bus! Count your blessings!

It had always seemed like Harry was close to his grandmother. And William and Kate. His father maybe not. I’m not convinced it was so bad before.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 12:50 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

He was close to his brother his whole life. His brother was there for him.

No reason to throw him under the bus like this.

If he hated the rest of them, fine, they're probably a bunch of dysfunctional people anyway. But William and Harry were a team. A good team.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 12:55 am
And this whole thing with Catherine making her cry. Catherine literally just had a baby. They were discussing bridesmaids dresses. Maybe The fitting wasn’t going well. Maybe it was about should the girls were tights. Whatever it is it was we are talking about little girl dresses. And Meghan cried. And it was Catherine fault. Does no one see how crazily immature this is to be harping on it way later. Who cares!!!

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:11 am
pause wrote:
I watched the interview and what struck me was this:
When Oprah asks Harry about the conversation regarding Archie's skin tone, for that first moment he looks genuinely shocked, as if he couldn't believe his wife had spoken about that. Obviously once he's asked so bluntly, he can't deny it; all he could do was basically plead the fifth and refuse to discuss it.

Another thing, Meghan looks happy but Harry looks miserable. She got what she wanted, but he's hurting. I feel bad for him. Such a messed up childhood, he'd made some strides in the few years before marrying Meghan, and now he seems to have regressed.

I'm going to take that a bit further and say that Meghan and Oprah have a very different agenda to Harry. It doesn't matter how bad his relationship with them is, they just got Harry to trash his family in the most public way possible. There is no way that Harry is happy about this now. There is no way that this can be part of the healing process. Meghan got her revenge, and Harry has now burnt his bridges.
Even if you say that Harry initiated the idea, there is no way that someone who cares about him would allow him to see it through. It is just not the way a person goes about managing their relationships, it is the way a person consciously destroys them and stamps out any possible chances of repair.
These two rush into everything - the marriage, the stepping down, and now the interview.

They couldn't take a few years to let things ride? Did Harry learn nothing from Diana?

ETA: I took out the word cruel, because if she had been emotionally fragile, she may be numb to his own emotional experience.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:45 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I'm going to take that a bit further and say that Meghan and Oprah are cruel. It doesn't matter how bad his relationship with them is, they just got Harry to trash his family in the most public way possible. There is no way that Harry is happy about this now. There is no way that this can be part of the healing process. Meghan got her revenge, and Harry has now burnt his bridges.
Even if you say that Harry initiated the idea, there is no way that someone who cares about him would allow him to see it through. It is just not the way a person goes about managing their relationships, it is the way a person consciously destroys them and stamps out any possible chances of repair.
These two rush into everything - the marriage, the stepping down, and now the interview.

They couldn't take a few years to let things ride? Did Harry learn nothing from Diana?

So true! And when their kids grow up, theyll probably feel the same and wonder about their parents very public rebellion.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:58 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
And this whole thing with Catherine making her cry. Catherine literally just had a baby. They were discussing bridesmaids dresses. Maybe The fitting wasn’t going well. Maybe it was about should the girls were tights. Whatever it is it was we are talking about little girl dresses. And Meghan cried. And it was Catherine fault. Does no one see how crazily immature this is to be harping on it way later. Who cares!!!

She brought it up in order to showcase how no one made efforts to set the record straight at the time.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:11 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I'm going to take that a bit further and say that Meghan and Oprah are cruel. It doesn't matter how bad his relationship with them is, they just got Harry to trash his family in the most public way possible. There is no way that Harry is happy about this now. There is no way that this can be part of the healing process. Meghan got her revenge, and Harry has now burnt his bridges.

Exactly. If she loved him she would NEVER have done this to him. So many strange things:
He said he was trapped but didn't even know it. Good golly Miss Molly. Then no he wasn't. He was born into his family. What kind of trapped is that? He's clearly reading a script someone else wrote for him.
**Disclaimer. I am not a mental health professional and I did not treat Meghan. LOL But I believe she is a classic Narcissist.
The sad thing is that Narcissists have no end game. They only have game.
She is not aiming to achieve something specific and then finished. The drama will continue. It will only end when this situation ceases to exist. And then she will move on to another drama.
So grab the popcorn we're in for a long, bumpy ride.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:16 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
She brought it up in order to showcase how no one made efforts to set the record straight at the time.

For heaven's sake, what did she expect? Did she think the palace would issue a statement, "No, Kate made Meghan cry, not the other way round"?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 10:02 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
For heaven's sake, what did she expect? Did she think the palace would issue a statement, "No, Kate made Meghan cry, not the other way round"?

Things can be put out there without official statements.

Miri1

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 10:31 am
To be honest, the one I'm most disturbed by is Oprah.
She knew she was creating a train wreck, even if we assume that Meghan and Harry were too in pain or hurt to fully grasp the foolishness of this interview.
Did she really think this was the best way to help these two?

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 10:35 am
Miri1 wrote:
She knew she was creating a train wreck, even if we assume that Meghan and Harry were too in pain or hurt to fully grasp the foolishness of this interview.

Ehh that's Oprah.
It's for the ratings.
She has a career of using people's pain to create a train wreck.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 12:53 pm
This story does not belong in the entertainment section. sometimes factsb are stranger than fiction. I hope this story has a happy ending as in maybe cate could finally take care of her mental health move back to the palace and act like the wife of a prince! or harry should divorce, take his adorable red headed son along and marry a lady who truly cares about him-any type of nationality.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 4:35 pm
Miri1 wrote:

She paid them well. And since they were whining and complaining about being cut off financially, that was their decision to make. Even though Harry was already a millionaire....
ETA I saw a recent leaked photo of Archie that a friend of Meghan's put up then quickly deleted. He's a cute baby...but not a redhead anymore. His hair is much darker now.
Page 28 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 27  28 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics