Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Prices of “heimish” brands have gone MAD!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:12 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
This.
I would never, under any circumstances, buy real lingerie.

Why not? Do you hold it’s assur?

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:13 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Why not? Do you hold it’s assur?

I have no idea but I know my nightgowns needs to be tzniusdig and I would feel like a non Jewish person doing that. This was never discussed. I can't imagine ever being ok with it. I know I'm not the only one.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:14 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I know there are chassidishe that buy/wear lingerie. But there are many that dont. The other poster asked why wear so fancy to sleep, so I explained that these fancy nightgowns sometimes serve the same 'purpose' as lingerie.

There are many non chassidish women that don't wear lingerie either. This isn't something that has to do with being chassidish or not. It's a personal choice. Not everyone is into it. If their wouldn't be a nice demand for it, the stores wouldn't carry it.
Nice nightgowns aren't instead of lingerie. No one has relations in a nightgown hopefully.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:15 pm
I have no idea but I know my nightgowns needs to be tzniusdig and I would feel like a non Jewish person doing that. This was never discussed. I can't imagine ever being ok with it. I know I'm not the only one.

Real lingerie is not instead of a nightgown/pj's. It's generally worn only in the bedroom. No one walks around the house in front of their kids in lingerie.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:17 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
There are many non chassidish women that don't wear lingerie either. This isn't something that has to do with being chassidish or not. It's a personal choice. Nice nightgowns aren't instead of lingerie. No one has relations in a nightgown hopefully.

Well it is assur to have relations with any clothes on but you need to be covered like with the sheet. You can have a nightgown on until then though.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:17 pm

I’m asking out of curiosity! I fully respect and support that you do things the way you were taught. Nothing wrong with that.

It’s just something I never heard of. I was taught that you don’t need to be tznius in front of DH, so if he’s the only one seeing you in pjs, then why the need for tznius nightgown... but you do you!

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:18 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Real lingerie is not instead of a nightgown/pj's. It's mostly worn only in the bedroom. No one walks around the house in front of their kids in lingerie.

I don't really walk around the house in a nightgown either as I posted before. Always with a robe unless it is urgent in the middle of the like a child vomitting otherwise I put on a robe. In the morning I put regular clothing straight away unless there is a reason to keep the nightgown on to be covered with a robe.

amother
Tan

Well it is assur to have relations with any clothes on but you need to be covered like with the sheet. You can have a nightgown on until then though.

You hold that you need to be covered. You're allowed to wear lingerie during relations, it's not assur. A nice nightgown isn't s-xy at all. It's just nice.

amother
Beige

amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Real lingerie is not instead of a nightgown/pj's. It's generally worn only in the bedroom. No one walks around the house in front of their kids in lingerie.

Right, but amother silver doesn’t walk around the house in her tznius nightgown either.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:19 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I’m asking out of curiosity! I fully respect and support that you do things the way you were taught. Nothing wrong with that.

It’s just something I never heard of. I was taught that you don’t need to be tznius in front of DH, so if he’s the only one seeing you in pjs, then why the need for tznius nightgown... but you do you!

Right. I have no problem with people doing differently either!

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:21 pm
Right. I have no problem with people doing differently either!

Right, but you said you would feel like a non Jewish person if you didn’t...implying jews don’t do that.

Zehava

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:27 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Right, but you said you would feel like a non Jewish person if you didn’t...implying jews don’t do that.

She said she would FEEL
She didn’t state it as a fact

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:28 pm
I don't really walk around the house in a nightgown either as I posted before. Always with a robe unless it is urgent in the middle of the like a child vomitting otherwise I put on a robe. In the morning I put regular clothing straight away unless there is a reason to keep the nightgown on to be covered with a robe.

Lingerie and a nightgown serve different purposes. Lingerie is made to be worn in the bedroom when you're with DH & there's NO obligation at all to be dressed tzenuis when you're with DH. I hope you know that. There's nothing wrong with wearing s-xy lingerie in the bedroom and it's absolutely not a non jewish thing to do.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:48 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Lingerie and a nightgown serve different purposes. Lingerie is made to be worn in the bedroom when you're with DH & there's NO obligation at all to be dressed tzenuis when you're with DH. I hope you know that. There's nothing wrong with wearing s-xy lingerie in the bedroom and it's absolutely not a non jewish thing to do.

Well it doesn't come from the Torah, but I didn't say it is non Jewish. I said that is how it would feel to me, due to my own personal experiences and upbringing.

Zehava

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:50 pm
Well it doesn't come from the Torah, but I didn't say it is non Jewish. I said that is how it would feel to me, due to my own personal experiences and upbringing.

Loads of suggestive stuff in the Torah how do you know lingerie isn’t part of it?
No part of our current clothing is remotely similar to what was worn in the times of the tanach. Do tights come from the Torah?

Last edited by Zehava on Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:51 pm

The Torah brings so many examples of how to make yourself attractive in the bedroom.
I guess it's a personal sensitivity you have. But I don't think anyone grows up knowing if their mom wears lingerie in the bedroom.... so this doesn't have to do with your upbringing.
Because you think lingerie is wrong, you can't make a statement that it's not standard in chassidish communities. It probably is but we don't know what goes on in others bedrooms. Many chassidish kallah teachers even suggest kallahs to get some s-xy lingerie.

ecs

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
The Torah brings so many examples of how to make yourself attractive in the bedroom.
I guess it's a personal sensitivity you have. But I don't think anyone grows up knowing if their mom wears lingerie in the bedroom....

OMG I hope not!

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:58 pm
Yea. And forget if you are plus size! The prices go up even more. Just saw a skirt for $135 on a popular plus size frum brand website. I just want nice skirts, size 16, that won’t make me go broke Crying

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 9:01 pm
Start a spinoff regarding bedroom attire. The topic is the price of the clothing, not whether or not it should be worn.

I find that some frum Monsey stores have good deals and others are high end. I can't support everything. Yes, I have purchased Hava Java Chanukah donuts and Purim hamantashen and I have bought things at Melt and we once ate at Fireside but I usually look for deals and some frum stores, such as Kohn's fabric or Mendy's Mobile Tires are way cheaper than non-Jewish stores.
I don't buy lots of clothes but some frum stores have decent prices and good sales.

singleagain

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 9:05 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Yea. And forget if you are plus size! The prices go up even more. Just saw a skirt for $135 on a popular plus size frum brand website. I just want nice skirts, size 16, that won’t make me go broke Crying

I just got this and this from Amazon really cute. They are both XL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....7ac89

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ec994
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics