Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Prices of “heimish” brands have gone MAD!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 12:01 am
Chayalle wrote:
I think OP's point is that we should not be pressured to shop in stores that we cannot afford to shop in. Including frum stores.

I agree with that premise. They can charge what they like.....but you won't find me breaking the bank because of some sort of "mitzva to support frum businesses"....

My own pet peeve right now is the rise in prices for Sheitels. I'm glad I don't need a new one right now. It seems to me they have tripled in price in the past 2-3 years.

My own pet peeve right now is the rise in prices for Sheitels. I'm glad I don't need a new one right now. It seems to me they have tripled in price in the past 2-3 years.

Oh yes! Just I really do wanna get a new wig now for pesach. I kept pushing off getting a new one. And now I said okay for yt I'll get.

Just today I chatted with my sheitel macher to ask if she gas any wigs on sale now. Not only not no sale, but also an increase in price. Exactly a year ago I purchased one for $200 less (make that $300 cuz I bought it on sale). Told her I'll have to reconsider. Punch

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 12:10 am
mandr wrote:
My friend owns one of the expensive "jewish brand" kids clothing companies and they charge around $50 for pajamas. When I spoke to her about it, she said that people WANT to spend money. And if it's not expensive then they don't sell as much. Go figure.

I agree with the previous poster who said it's the quality that bothers her. I bought 3 pairs of "jewish" pajamas last year all in the 30-40 dollar range. Each one had a defect after wearing just a few times. On one, the applique fell off. On another the pleather area became torn and shredded. On one, the neck shrank so it doesn't go over the head without being painful for my child. Not to mention the texture of the fabric degrading as well. I just think they are so cute so I get them, but the quality is feh lol.

Regarding people want the more expensive brand. My husband also spoke to an owner, in food industry. He asked him, how come your brand only sells well upstate, but in Williamsburg not? He said, the only way to sell well there is if I come in with a higher price than the popular other brand. If it's cheaper then it's probably not good and they won't buy. Heck with them.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 9:39 am
singleagain wrote:
I just got this and this from Amazon really cute. They are both XL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....7ac89

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ec994

The first one is very nice! But I need a 2X.

GLUE

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

Oh yes! Just I really do wanna get a new wig now for pesach. I kept pushing off getting a new one. And now I said okay for yt I'll get.

Just today I chatted with my sheitel macher to ask if she gas any wigs on sale now. Not only not no sale, but also an increase in price. Exactly a year ago I purchased one for $200 less (make that $300 cuz I bought it on sale). Told her I'll have to reconsider. Punch

From what I understand the price of raw hair went up a lot

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 10:42 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
The first one is very nice! But I need a 2X.

I just saw another cute skirt. It's a handkerchief hem... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079.....psc=1

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 11:17 pm
3 children under 7, 2 pairs of shoes per kid, was $700.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 11:52 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
3 children under 7, 2 pairs of shoes per kid, was $700.

I came here to post about shoes. I was so glad to see advertised 3 outlet pop-up shops this season, in Monsey. Of course I went to check it out and bh found. 6 pairs, 2 per kid, total was $305. Couldn't believe it.

Thank you Hashem..

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 3:36 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
It's probably called chambray and not denim so that's allowed by many .it's not the real real denim .

There was plenty of real denim. The largest schools in Williamsburg do not allow anything that even looks like denim - I joke they'll soon ban light blue - so it was odd to me that such a large percentage of the clothing this season went against the most common rules.

I understand people buy stuff for the country and Sundays, but my frustration is that if these companies don't cater to specific community needs, there is less incentive in shopping there as opposed to elsewhere.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 3:41 am
And don't get me started on shabbos robes for kids this season. Who even designs these things?

No, I don't want to have to iron comfort clothes. That should be a no brainer.

No, I don't want a white collar that will turn purple at the first kos, when there are 3 more meals after that. Boys get to change into a fresh shirt throughout yomtov. What's a girl to do? Get three robes? At these prices? Lol.

No, I don't want a robe that looks like a weekday dress that was simply lengthened and is now suddenly supposed to look shabbosdig. It doesn't.

We need to normalize comfortable cute practical shabbos dresses that girls can run around in without tripping or ripping.

Beyla

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 4:49 am
When I see those threads I really wonder how it is to live in those cities where you feel this pressure. 😱 I buy all my kids clothes in h&m (and mine also) and we are all very happy Bh. What do you find different in those shops?

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:25 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Quote:
Basically anything...why so fancy to sleep?

The chassidish version of lingerie Wink

Ummm No.
Fancy nightgowns are just a thing in my Williamsburg community. Just like you get fancy stuff In a million different other things.
We get fancy (read: expensive) jewelry and fancy (read: Italian) furniture and fancy nightgowns.
My mom took me nightgown shopping and I went lingerie shopping with my friend. Today I shop for lingerie online, and for nightgowns I still shop like the ones from the Lingerie shop because they're pretty and comfy. Plus the bonus of them being Tznius when I'm around the the house and have someone over, or when I'm Niddah.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:41 am
You all need to start shopping (online, which is all I do these days) at Target, J.C. Penney, and Macy's. I have never paid more than $50 for a nightgown or pajamas for myself, and usually quite a bit less. I remember shopping in heimish stores as one of the experiences of my prior life in NYC, and not one of the better experiences either. Noisy, crowded stores, poor return policies, pressure to buy, just poor value all around.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:55 am
Beyla wrote:
When I see those threads I really wonder how it is to live in those cities where you feel this pressure. 😱 I buy all my kids clothes in h&m (and mine also) and we are all very happy Bh. What do you find different in those shops?

Same we love h&m! I bought ds age 13 a gorgeous suit from there for yt.

goforit

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 7:41 am
youngishbear wrote:
I fantasize about affordable tailoring included. Frum clothing stores should guarantee tznius.

Lol.

Rebekah modesty does included free altering! They have a store in bp and Lakewood.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics