Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Cleaning lady lunch
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:09 pm
Today I had a new cleaning lady from 1230-3 (ended up coming five mins late and leaving 5 mins early ), so she was here for 2 hours 20 mins).
As soon as she got there the lady who had connected us texted me and said “just a reminder to give her lunch! Thanks!”
She ended up sitting down for about 20 mins and eating schnitzel.
It seemed a little crazy to me that it was a “paid lunch break” and was almost 20% of the total time she was by me (and she was very slow so those 20 mins would’ve been valuable ...)
I thought providing lunch is more understood to be a sit down lunch if they are by you all day or let’s say 10-3 sort of thing, of course they need a break. But given she was only there 2.33 hours it seemed funny to me. Is this the norm?
I had in mind to offer her a snack while she was there (yogurt? Granola bar? Fruit ? That sort of thing), and of course give her water and send her home with a snack too.

I’m hearing now that she did three houses, and mine was in the middle l, so I guess if not for me she would get no break all day. And while that sounds like no good, I would definitely prefer she come to my house at 1230 and sit and relax and eat lunch and whatever, and then go on the clock at 1.

Just want to see what the norm is

I’m in Lakewood fwiw and she charged $15/hr

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:13 pm
I don't think you need to serve her lunch if she's there for so little time. The person that has her longest should give her lunch. How long is she by the person before and after you?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:14 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I don't think you need to serve her lunch if she's there for so little time. How long is she by the person before and after you?

Before me I think 3.5 hours
After me 4.5 hours

And me 2.5 hours 🤔

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:19 pm
For 2.5 hours you don't give lunch. Maybe a piece of cake or a fruit but definitely not 20 min.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:20 pm
tweety1 wrote:
For 2.5 hours you don't give lunch. Maybe a piece of cake or a fruit but definitely not 20 min.

Yes that’s what I would think. Here’s a yogurt and also offer them something as they’re leaving they can eat on the way to next person.

Like if you worked in a store for 2.5 hours you would not get a break....

trixx

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:22 pm
She should get a half hour unpaid break in between. Or you guys take turns paying for lunch.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Before me I think 3.5 hours
After me 4.5 hours

And me 2.5 hours 🤔

The women that has her 1st is supposed to serve her lunch or she can leave from the 1st house earlier and take an unpaid lunch break.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:30 pm
trixx wrote:
She should get a half hour unpaid break in between. Or you guys take turns paying for lunch.

Yes I’d be happy to have her come to my house at 1230 eat lunch and relax for a little bit then go on the clock at 1.

Anyway, I texted the woman who arranged it that I don’t want to use her again. Just not worth it when all she did the entire time was clean my bathrooms and wipe down the kitchen counters and stovetops.... literally didn’t do anything else but she did enjoy the schnitzel 😉

caffeine99

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:44 pm
I never knew that was a thing to feed my cleaning lady????

I agree if she is there all day it makes sense, but for 2-3 hrs I don't pay you to eat my food...

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:46 pm
caffeine99 wrote:
I never knew that was a thing to feed my cleaning lady????

I agree if she is there all day it makes sense, but for 2-3 hrs I don't pay you to eat my food...

seriously?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:49 pm
Is this another fb trolling? Funny timing with the other thread being shut down and all

SingALong

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:51 pm
You and the other ladies who share her should all discuss and prearrange. In my neighborhood they all have turns giving lunch, or based on who has the most hours. Or she can eat lunch as she goes between homes. Tell the person before you she can give her lunch to eat after she’s done by her. And one of you explain to the lady her schedule. Like
Maria from 9-12 you work by Chantzi. 12:00-12:30 you eat lunch that’s not paid time. 12:30 to 3 you work by Esty. 3-7 you work by Dina.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:52 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Is this another fb trolling? Funny timing with the other thread being shut down and all

? Me ? I am not trolling and I don’t use Facebook

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Today I had a new cleaning lady from 1230-3 (ended up coming five mins late and leaving 5 mins early ), so she was here for 2 hours 20 mins).
As soon as she got there the lady who had connected us texted me and said “just a reminder to give her lunch! Thanks!”
She ended up sitting down for about 20 mins and eating schnitzel.
It seemed a little crazy to me that it was a “paid lunch break” and was almost 20% of the total time she was by me (and she was very slow so those 20 mins would’ve been valuable ...)
I thought providing lunch is more understood to be a sit down lunch if they are by you all day or let’s say 10-3 sort of thing, of course they need a break. But given she was only there 2.33 hours it seemed funny to me. Is this the norm?
I had in mind to offer her a snack while she was there (yogurt? Granola bar? Fruit ? That sort of thing), and of course give her water and send her home with a snack too.

I’m hearing now that she did three houses, and mine was in the middle l, so I guess if not for me she would get no break all day. And while that sounds like no good, I would definitely prefer she come to my house at 1230 and sit and relax and eat lunch and whatever, and then go on the clock at 1.

Just want to see what the norm is

I’m in Lakewood fwiw and she charged $15/hr

That’s is ridiculous! Lunch break for under 3 hours? No way!

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:54 pm
The reason we feed our cleaning ladies is because it’s more preferred than them bringing their food into our house.
You can have a different arrangement, offering a 1/2 hour lunch when she can go buy food etc.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:55 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:

The other thread was removed because someone posted a link to it on Facebook.

caffeine99

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:57 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
The reason we feed our cleaning ladies is because it’s more preferred than them bringing their food into our house.
You can have a different arrangement, offering a 1/2 hour lunch when she can go buy food etc.

None of my cleaning ladies every brought their own food into my home. If they do, I would offer instead.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:58 pm
Caffeine 99. You let the ladies work all day by you with no food? That’s terrible.. & besides ifthey don’t eat they have no koach

caffeine99

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:59 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Caffeine 99. You let the ladies work all day by you with no food? That’s terrible.. & besides ifthey don’t eat they have no koach

I don't have a cleaning lady for more than 2-3 hrs. I think that's very fare without a break.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
The other thread was removed because someone posted a link to it on Facebook.

Which group?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette