Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Book for kid with deep questions

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:35 am
I have a very curious school age child who has lots of excellent questions like "why did Hashem make the world" "how do we know Hashem exists" etc.....I know there are answers and seforim like Derech Hashem and Michtav. Me'Eliyahu, which I am thinking of learning with him on his level but I am also wondering if there are any books written specifically for school age kids (about 8-12 years old, not teens) that addresses these type of questions. If not, does someone want to write one Smile

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a very curious school age child who has lots of excellent questions like "why did Hashem make the world" "how do we know Hashem exists" etc.....I know there are answers and seforim like Derech Hashem and Michtav. Me'Eliyahu, which I am thinking of learning with him on his level but I am also wondering if there are any books written specifically for school age kids (about 8-12 years old, not teens) that addresses these type of questions. If not, does someone want to write one Smile

Rabbi Akiva Tatz made an excellent one. It's called the Thinking Teenager's Guide to Life. It's for kids a bit older, though.

Janie Asne

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 1:33 am
I think Rabbi Sapirman has material on this subject but I don’t know for what age. Good luck!

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 9:42 am
The Heart of Emunah

leaf

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 11:45 am
There are a bunch sets of books by Avraham Ochayon, based on classic mussar seforim, for school aged children. I do not recall if there are ones that address philosophical questions, but definitely worth working into. I also don't know whether or not they have been translated into english. ( he writes in hebrew)

cbsp

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 11:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Maybe these courses would help?

https://torahlive.com/courses/

Here's the trailer for emunah:

https://torahlive.com/courses/.....llah/

(Rabbi Dovid Orlofsky is the voice (and humor) of Rabbi Siddur)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children