Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
BP teens are partying in a Shul at 3:30, how do they functio
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 7:35 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
You don't, I have no problem reporting people who break the law.

I really hope that you don’t have teens that wanna hang out and do drugs but cause the shul was welcoming they didn’t. I wish you perfect teens in. Such a generation and you always know they are good and safe

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 7:42 am
You don't, I have no problem reporting people who break the law.

You obviously don't have teen boys.
Jews that right away think of reporting another jew without even trying first to do anything about the situation, fall into a certain class of low.
OP, talk to the Rav of the shul. They might not be aware of how loud it is. They can lower the volume and keep doors and windows closed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 7:49 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
You obviously don't have teen boys.
Jews that right away think of reporting another jew without even trying first to do anything about the situation, fall into a certain class of low.
OP, talk to the Rav of the shul. They might not be aware of how loud it is. They can lower the volume and keep doors and windows closed.

When someone walked in at 3am to tell them the music is too loud, they raised the volume l'hachis.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 7:49 am
Not sure why you need to call 311 or 911 when you haven't even spoken to the Rav or asked the boys respectfully to tone it down a bit.
They may not realize that you can hear the music in your house.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 7:51 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Not sure why you need to call 311 or 911 when you haven't even spoken to the Rav or asked the boys respectfully to tone it down a bit.
They may not realize that you can hear the music in your house.

We posted at the same time.

When someone walked in at 3am to tell them the music is too loud, they raised the volume l'hachis.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 7:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We posted at the same time.

You go to the Rav or another adult present. Not to teens that don't like being told what to do.

professor

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Oh no, this is not good! Was there an adult there? We're only the teens in the shul with no supervision? Do you know any of their parents? I'd call the parents of these kids.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:20 am
My 22 yr old son says there was a sheva bruchos of his friend in BP that started at 1 am. Maybe this was the party.

sequoia

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:23 am
So it’s either loud music at 4 am or dealing drugs on the street corner (!!!)? Huh?

Everyone needs to follow the law. Jewish people don’t get a special dispensation not to.

I’d keep calling 911/311 until they did something about it, as I would with a car alarm or any other noise.

Yes, city life has its inevitable disturbances, but that does not give you the right to harm someone’s health by robbing them of sleep.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:34 am
sequoia wrote:
So it’s either loud music at 4 am or dealing drugs on the street corner (!!!)? Huh?

Everyone needs to follow the law. Jewish people don’t get a special dispensation not to.

I’d keep calling 911/311 until they did something about it, as I would with a car alarm or any other noise.

Yes, city life has its inevitable disturbances, but that does not give you the right to harm someone’s health by robbing them of sleep.

You cannot masser a jew unless you got a specific heter to do so.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:37 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
You cannot masser a jew unless you got a specific heter to do so.

AYLOR, not everyone holds this way

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:38 am
Is it really teens? Or do you live next to a big shul with a rebbe feering tish? 311 is there for a reason. They know what time they have to keep it down. And if they don't want to, they're welcome to insulate their building.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:44 am
I have a teen who is OTD and hangs out all night, and I still think this is wrong. I'm thrilled when my teen hangs out in the frum hang out spots or goes to a local organization that hosts them, but I would be upset if they would keep the neighborhood awake so that they can keep my kid off the streets. There are plenty of ways to entertain teens that don't keep the neighborhood up all night.

Op, you need to complain to whoever is in charge of this shul. Hopefully you will find somebody reasonable and that will be enough. Otherwise you have to ask your rav what your next step should be.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:52 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
My 22 yr old son says there was a sheva bruchos of his friend in BP that started at 1 am. Maybe this was the party.

In the high 40s, off 14th avenue?

They said it was a Melava Malka. No adults, so probably not.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 9:32 am
AYLOR, not everyone holds this way

People that don't think twice about massering a jew, don't hold this way.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 9:54 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
People that don't think twice about massering a jew, don't hold this way.

Have you ever had loud music playing until 4am on your block, and when you complained, they raised the volume?

I assume not.

Lady A

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:06 am
OMG. Stop making excuses for these boys.
One week before Pesach and neighbors have to deal with this nonsense. I find it laughable too that if we don’t allow these special boys to carry on all night that all of those years of Torah learning will be for naught and they’ll end up dealing drugs.
Are there any adults there to supervise this? Or will that quash their beloved fun? Can't Believe It

What excuses do frum need parents make when they state they have no idea what their teen sons are up to?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 12:03 pm
Where do the teen Girls go to blow off steam?

professor

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 12:11 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

My daughters are at the beach right now with friends.

Or they shop. But many times the friends get together with younger siblings lol so not too much steam gets blown off.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 12:12 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

Thats the million dollar question...
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries