Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Mixing bowls

ilovegod

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:42 pm
Which are best mixing bowls to get? Glass or stainless? Any recommendations welcome

AishesChayil1

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:51 pm
I love stainless steel. I have them in different sizes. They're so easy to use and clean. Glass is very heavy and always comes with possibility that it will break. With stainless, kids can help and you don't have to worry.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:55 pm
Stainless. I have a set of the nesting bowls. I also have very small stainless bowls which I use when I prep as I can put the ingredients in the small bowls and then just add when I am actually cooking. This is especially good when I do a stir fry or when there are components which can be made ahead and then I need less time when I am actually cooking.

I do have one very large glass measuring "cup" which I use to mix stuff like batter for pancakes because it makes it very easy to just pour out.

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 3:07 pm
Another vote for stainless

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 4:28 pm
Stainless Steel. I have this set:
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c.....Pwa=1
I like them because the rubber grip keeps them in place on the counter and they don't skid all over the place while I'm mixing. They are kinda pricey though. I got them as a gift.

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 4:30 pm
Plastic. They don’t need to be toveled.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 4:36 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
Plastic. They don’t need to be toveled.

Plastic bowls are much less functional. Anything with tomatoes stains the plastic. You can’t use an immersion blender or a hand mixer with a plastic bowl. You can’t use a plastic bowl to whip egg whites because the whites won’t beat up properly.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 4:54 pm
Amarante wrote:

Plastic bowls are much less functional. Anything with tomatoes stains the plastic. You can’t use an immersion blender or a hand mixer with a plastic bowl. You can’t use a plastic bowl to whip egg whites because the whites won’t beat up properly.

I have done all of the above. Bowls remain unstained. Egg whites whipped and meringues came out fine. Blender, bowl and soup all emerged unscathed. In regular use for the past twenty years.

Last year I bought a stainless steel mixing bowl for the first time, and could not distinguish any difference in my meringues to how they come out mixed in a plastic bowl.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars