Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Boredom
1  2  Next

MMEC123

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 5:59 pm
My husband says there's deeper root cause, I'm not so sure about it (at least not all the time!).

I work but I come home significantly earlier than my husband (I teach). I run errands, I clean, I cook supper, I clean some more, check my email (and of course imamother.com!), prepare for teaching, I'm involved in a chesed program for driving people without cars to appointments.....and then it hits. The boredom bug. I don't have any children yet so I'm not busy with them. And I just have nothing to do. I'm tired from a days work but I don't want to nap because if I do, I can't sleep at night. I tried to take up a few hobbies, but after a while, I get tired of the same thing over and over again. Anyone else ever get bored and just not know what to do?? Any suggestions?

Rivk

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 6:31 pm
Do you like to read? I know you said you tried hobbies, but maybe you didn't try the right thing for you? There are millions of different things out there that people are interested in. Keep looking! Something will click with you. Are you at all into arts and crafts?

Shimmysmom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 9:23 pm
try doing big puzzles. its challenging. fun, and when you are done you can frame them and hang them up and they look really cool.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 9:31 pm
is there a chessed project in your community to get involved in? I wish this was something I made time for...but just an idea: to tutor a child, visit homebound, etc... It will probably give you a sense of fullfillment

MMEC123

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 2:21 pm
I've read all the books we own at least 2 times. I buy new ones and borrow from friends and the library constantly. I like art. Did a bunch of "projects" but our tiny apartment has no where to store them (I even sold some on ebay!). I guess I could try puzzles. And see above post, I am involved in a chesed project. I guess I'll just keep doing more.

proudmom

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 2:35 pm
what about tutoring?

mommy2

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 3:41 pm
call it relaxation, it doesnt seem like you have that much free time. I agree w your husband, there must be s/t causing u to keep going...

shoy18

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 3:45 pm
just relax and enjoy life! enjoy the freedom you have! bec IYh it wont be quiet forever and you will look back and wish for the time you were "bored" back.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 3:49 pm
how long have you been married for?
I am married for almost a year and a gift to my husband will be a scrapbook of our shana rishona.
whenever I feel bored, I pull it out and do another page.
you said you are artistic so this might be your thing.
once you start you are very motivated to finish, especially bcuase it is a surprise and you want it to come out perfect.
you said you have a car so you can have an easy time finding the stuff you need at crafts stores...
amother becuase becuase many of my co-workers have seen my scrapbook and are members of this site Wink

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Oct 03 2005, 4:24 pm
I agree about puzzles... the boredom bug visits me alot too even if I have 2 full time jobs. and a couple of years ago I used to enjoy art and other stuff, I don't anymore, puzzles is the only thing I don't get bored ofk, I have tons of puzzles stored on a bed bec. I don't have where to hang them, where I plan to put them.. one God knows..

lucky

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 8:09 am
NotYetAMommy wrote:
I have tons of puzzles stored on a bed bec. I don't have where to hang them,

I send the puzzles to camp with my daughters. they hanhg it on the walls next to their beds. Very Happy

Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 8:45 am
maybe work out, go swimming?

oh, how I wish I could be bored a little......

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 7:05 pm
lucky...... you really don't know me?? what does my screename say???
and do you send finished puzzles with them? or they make it there?
If I like to make a puzzle, I wouldn't give it to my kid to make...
right now I'm working on 2 puzzles.
one at home and one at work when Im on lunch..
they are from the same company, forgot the name, they have hidden pictures and very funny shaped pieces.. it's hard but easy... and def. fun..

Tefila

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 7:09 pm
What about tapestry that sounds like fun too also if we do as a fam a real hard puzzle of over 1000 pcs then when finished I will cover w/h clear contact paper and frame and hang proof of our hard labour together Wink

youngmom

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 7:38 pm
I can't believe that someone can be complaining that they're bored. I never have a second to breathe. I have so much to take care of but no time. I have one baby ki'h and a part time job but I'm ALWAYS busy.

Rivk

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 7:57 pm
I think that some people are always busy because they are very active and don't sit still for a minute - by choice. I for one like to relax and unwind with a hobby once in a while. Or just read a book. To me that's a priority.

MMEC123

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 11:06 pm
youngmom wrote:
I can't believe that someone can be complaining that they're bored. I never have a second to breathe. I have so much to take care of but no time. I have one baby ki'h and a part time job but I'm ALWAYS busy.

Well aren't we proud of you....

raizy

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 10:59 pm
I agree that the boredom bugs can get u .before I had kids and even after I had kids it hits me. and that is with a job and not a minute of piece . I think that it is a different kind of boredom..

boredom of the same things over and over again. and how much can one clean in one day. also maybe u are bored of the same company over and over again or the lack of company .. the hubby works long hrs and u don't have anyone adult company to talk to..

try going out at night or bye day with different pple friends. that really helped me and pick a friend and try to go to a few tea parties a month. . my friend and I make a point of going to these functions even if we wouldn't have really have gone to it. just to get out. and who knows u might even meet up with more friends once u are out...

Tovah

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 11:27 pm
I can relate when I first got married I lived in a small out of town area. I was so bored and misserable I guess u can say. my husband bought me a piano and much more things to try to keep me busy. if only I knew abt this sight then?
it's hard but u need a hobby. or learn something new?

Ahuva

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 12:18 am
I'm almost a full time host to the boredom bug! Even after my baby, I find myself bored a lot. I used to do lots of puzzles but got bored of that too. I started going to the gym daily, that gives my day structure and keeps me busy while helping me feel good. Plus I get to meet new people. there and enjoy the company.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics