Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Baby potatoes

goodgirl

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 9:52 am
does anyone have a recipie for small baby potatoes?? exact time to bake, uncovered or not....
thanx!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 9:53 am
do you mean the red ones ?

goodgirl

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:00 am
yes. small red round ones

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:20 am
really yummy and easy recipe from kosher pallette:

crush a few garlic cloves, mix with 1 lb potaoes in ziploc plus salt pepper, minced dried onion, rosemary, 1/2 cup olive oil. (and a few whole garlic cloves if you want)

She says bake at 350 for an hour, uncovered, and if necessary turn up higher for a few minutes to brown them, but I think you can just cook them at 400 for less time. (although that may just be my oven)

this is for 4 ppl.

You can change the ingr if you want as well. Try adding shallots, whole to the potaotes. Or use different spices.

mom7270

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:26 am
I dont have a specific recipe but I make them two ways- one I drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and then sprinkle salt, garlic, onion and garlic powder and paprika over the potatoes very generously and coat them evenly by tossing, bake covered at abt 400 for 45 min or till the potatoes are soft and then you can take off the silverfoil for a couple of minutes to let it get a little crunchy. the other way I do it is I fo the same as above but add a bit of lemon juice makes it really tasty...

smile

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:38 am
do you peel them or not ?

mom7270

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:40 am
I dont peel them, I scrub them with those brushes that clean vegetables and I cut them in half, but you can keep them whole if you like...

AGINY

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:58 am
I scrub them, cut them in half and then either drizzle with oil or spray with pam (depending if I want them to be extra delicious or more healthy Very Happy ). Then I sprinkle with Montreal Steak Spice and bake on 400 uncovered till the inside is soft and teh outside is crispy. It doesn't get much easier than that, and something about the Montreal Steak Spice makes the potatos butter soft.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 2:38 pm
we boil as is and then add potato salad ingredints.

happymom

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:09 pm
I wash them, slice them thin, and put garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprica, and rosemary and olive oil. Then bake on 400 for an hour then broil for 20 min or half hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes