Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What do you give kids for breakfast pesach
Previous  1  2  3  Next

jfk92

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 4:55 pm
My kids have dairy and egg allergies.
So far ive made: quinoa "pudding" w fruit, almond butter on matzah, vegan and gf blueberry muffins, and vegan/gf bannana pancakes. But I dont use recipes. So ive had to test the pancake and muffins before getting it right bh.

Surrendered

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 5:22 pm
I cook hash browns (fry potatoes in small pieces), mix with scrambled eggs. Optional: add sauted onions. Add salt.
This is the most tasty and filling brunch!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 5:31 pm
Even with matzah lasagna tonight, I think breakfast is going to be matzah and fried cheese (smear a matzah with ketchup, place 3 slices [2 and 2 halves] of American cheese on it, then fry). Every. day.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 6:07 pm
Pancakes made with bananas and eggs-- https://www.thekitchn.com/how-.....18658

Quote:
INGREDIENTS

1 ripe banana
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Butter or oil, for cooking (optional)
Maple syrup, jam, powdered sugar, or any other toppings, for serving

Shakshuka. You can make with eggplant, zuchini zoodles, sweet potato zoodles or regular if you eat the ingredients.

Busyinbrooklyn has a taco made of cheese that looks really good and will try it this Pesach. She has one with eggs and one with guacamole, tomatoes and sour cream but I am sure you can put whatever you do eat on top. She also has a grain free granola yogurt parfait recipe if you eat that.

This site has some good suggestions-- https://www.kosher.com/lifesty.....s-651

Peasloveandcarrots has ideas as well including a mock french toast that looks really good. Can't wait to try some of these ideas.

DVOM

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 6:14 pm
Matzo pizza, couliflower pizza, matzo and chocolate spread, yogurt with nuts and maple syrup, scrambled eggs, cake, cocoa, coffee... breakfast and lunch tend to run together on chol hamoed. We eat brunch from whenever we wake up until we leave for the trip of the day around noon, snack on cheese and chips and chocolate and apricots while we're out, eat dinner whenever we get home.

abaker

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 6:41 pm
3 medium banana
3 eggs
0.6 cup ground almonds
0.38 tsp baking powder
Oil for frying

Blend with a immersion blender the banana, almond meal, and eggs. (I used immersion blender instead of food processor because it's too much mess for the little batter it makes. Half of the batter would be left in the food processor and just get washed down the drain haha. So I used the immersion blender and a foil pan as my mixing bowl) If it's too thin after blending add more almond meal. Don't try to flip too early as they are softer than regular pancakes so be careful not to break them.

This recipe was from a website, converted from metric. I didn't even measure though and I didn't use any baking powder. My kids enjoyed them. I also added a sprinkle of sugar to the batter, since we don't have any maple syrup in the house now.

lucky14

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 6:58 pm
yogurt (plain greek yogurt mixed with vanilla yogurt) & fruit or cream cheese & jelly on matzah or cheese on matzah. on yom tov there is also the option of a piece of cake & milk but my kids chose yogurt instead because they just really like yogurt I guess. And milk and fruit is always offered.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 7:37 pm
Breakfast is easy. Matzo with scrambled or hard boiled eggs. And another anything. Leben, yogurt, fruit, pudding, string cheese etc

Super is very hard for me. Kids don't really like potatoes. 1 child had today 3 larger pcs chicken cutlets with an apple TMI

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 7:54 pm
It's all cakes and cookies all the time. I'll be glad when this is over.

LittleMissMama

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 7:57 pm
Smoothies. (basic blenders are cheap. you can use a food processor too)

Muffins made with an almond flour blend (almond flour, potato starch and coconut flour). I use any regular muffin recipe. This year I used my year round banana chip muffin recipe.

Any pesach cake but made with less sugar. Then we call it breakfast cake and have it with a cup of milk.

Cheese, pesach crackers (the Chef Chaya egg kichel crackers), cottage cheese, plain yogurt with jam swirled through it, eggs etc

One of my kids is super picky. I let him eat whatever, even for breakfast. Let kids eat dinner food at 8am if they want.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 8:10 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Breakfast is easy. Matzo with scrambled or hard boiled eggs. And another anything. Leben, yogurt, fruit, pudding, string cheese etc

Super is very hard for me. Kids don't really like potatoes. 1 child had today 3 larger pcs chicken cutlets with an apple TMI

3 large chicken cutlets and an apple sounds pretty good!
If she's missing starch, does she like soup? You can make a hearty soup that has potato mixed in to make it creamy, and it doesn't have to be detectable.

Stars

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 8:21 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

I consider this a complete meal.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 8:29 pm
Last 2 posters, you're making me feel better. Thank you

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 8:32 pm
Same as for everyone
Omelette/tuna
Avocado
Tomatoes & cucumber
Matzah & jam
Lebens/yogurts

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 8:41 pm
French toast

challahchallah

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 8:46 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
French toast

How do you make that?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 8:51 pm
challahchallah wrote:
How do you make that?

I make sponge cake in a loaf pan (I decrease the sugar a little)
Then we slice it and dip into the egg mixture and fry.. its fantastic!
You can make life easier and buy sponge cake... We don't mish, so I make it from scratch.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 9:51 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I make sponge cake in a loaf pan (I decrease the sugar a little)
Then we slice it and dip into the egg mixture and fry.. its fantastic!
You can make life easier and buy sponge cake... We don't mish, so I make it from scratch.

Do you have an easy-ish recipe? I like the idea of a cake recipe that fits a loaf pan. So many of them are huge and it’s too much for our small family.

disneyland

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 1:10 am
[ 2 eggs lightly beaten, add in 1/2 cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 tbsp or so brown sugar, 1/2 cup potato starch, 2 tsp baking powder and 1 cup almond flour
Mix all together and pour in already hot pan and cook on each side for abt 2 min each or until lightly browned
I add chocolate chips after I drop some batter in the pan.

disneyland

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 1:12 am
Someone gave me this recipe and said it came out really good and the kids enjoyed it!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics