Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Brain playing the vaccine what if game ...
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 12:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
From what I am hearing the vaccine will be open to the next phase- pretty much anyone over 16. DD is 20 and there is an unrealistic part of me that is worried that- what if the science is wrong- what if this vaccine messes with reproduction. etc. DH (a doctor) thinks everyone should get the vaccine as being protected is way better than getting sick. I still worry. (yes, I was vaccinated). Am I out of my mind?

I haven't read the thread bc this topic makes me want to scream.

1. This is an experimental drug. You are the experiment. No one can promise anything in regards to it.

2. Preventive and early therapeutics, at her age, will help her if she comes down with it.

3. "but nobody had died from the shot" that's bc every single death, even when family insisted it was bc of it, was ruled "inconclusive". Ppl sharing reactions on social media get deleted. There is only one narrative here, and that's the vaccine works, and there is no other opinion allowed. And I will 100% believe an anecdotal personal experience, especially when repeated over and over, over what passes for journalism nowadays.

4. Meanwhile VAERS reports are through the roof and the system even crashed for a few days the other week. Do you even know what VAERS is? Have you searched it? Statistically only 1% of ppl even report to there, and that's if they know it exists.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 1:07 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Which vaccines? Corona vaccines or vaccines in general?

There is no way of measuring the good or bad the corona vaccines have done yet so that argument is meaningless.

If you are talking more generally, no argument. But also irrelevant to issue at hand.

You spit out a few isolated failures of science from the last 50 years, and used that to create fear mongering. Why don't you spit out all the successes of medicine over that same period and compare?

Vaccines have a verysafe record and have vastly improved our health and our lives. So my statement applies to all vaccines, general and corona.

More than 564 million vaccines have been administered worldwide over a few months now, so I beg to differ that there aren't results to evaluate. Short term - it's a success in the safety area. Long term - there isn't much to be concerned about. The new product in this vaccine is mRNA. mRNA is something that your body produces in large multiples every split second. mRNA is degraded after a couple of hours. And mRNA in vaccines is not a new concept just developed, it has been in the works for a couple of years now and studied closely.

The thing left to think about is the spike protein that this mRNA will produce. If you're worried that the minute amount of spike protein created will cause harm, think about how much of a load of spike protein your body will be subjected to if you actually contract the virus.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 1:17 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I haven't read the thread bc this topic makes me want to scream.

1. This is an experimental drug. You are the experiment. No one can promise anything in regards to it.

2. Preventive and early therapeutics, at her age, will help her if she comes down with it.

3. "but nobody had died from the shot" that's bc every single death, even when family insisted it was bc of it, was ruled "inconclusive". Ppl sharing reactions on social media get deleted. There is only one narrative here, and that's the vaccine works, and there is no other opinion allowed. And I will 100% believe an anecdotal personal experience, especially when repeated over and over, over what passes for journalism nowadays.

4. Meanwhile VAERS reports are through the roof and the system even crashed for a few days the other week. Do you even know what VAERS is? Have you searched it? Statistically only 1% of ppl even report to there, and that's if they know it exists.

1 - You are the experiment regardless. The virus itself is new, so all of the population is now in a trial. We are all split up in three groups - having had the virus, receiving the vaccine, rejecting the vaccine. No one knows how this experiment will end. So you have no idea if rejecting the vaccine will serve you well. You are STILL the experiment.

2 - Preventive and early therapeutics are not enough for everyone. It doesn't work for everyone. We don't know why just yet.

3 - This statement reeks of conspiracy theories of the highest order. They're following the information closely for safety, future needs and medical advancements. Also if there would be a large number of deaths associated with it, it wouldn't be possible to bury that information, being that 564 million doses have already been administered. Where are all those dead people you speak about?

4 - When so many doses are being administered en masse globally, and most reports to VAERS are about minor side effects, such as fever, it is not strange at all that the site is overloaded. This site was never created to handle a mass vaccination event.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 1:23 am
Which vaccines? Corona vaccines or vaccines in general?

There is no way of measuring the good or bad the corona vaccines have done yet so that argument is meaningless.

If you are talking more generally, no argument. But also irrelevant to issue at hand.

We don't yet see the bad iud the covid vaccine, but we do see the good.

Look at EY, closing covid wards, almost no cases

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 1:31 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
You spit out a few isolated failures of science from the last 50 years, and used that to create fear mongering. Why don't you spit out all the successes of medicine over that same period and compare?

Vaccines have a verysafe record and have vastly improved our health and our lives. So my statement applies to all vaccines, general and corona.

More than 564 million vaccines have been administered worldwide over a few months now, so I beg to differ that there aren't results to evaluate. Short term - it's a success in the safety area. Long term - there isn't much to be concerned about. The new product in this vaccine is mRNA. mRNA is something that your body produces in large multiples every split second. mRNA is degraded after a couple of hours. And mRNA in vaccines is not a new concept just developed, it has been in the works for a couple of years now and studied closely.

The thing left to think about is the spike protein that this mRNA will produce. If you're worried that the minute amount of spike protein created will cause harm, think about how much of a load of spike protein your body will be subjected to if you actually contract the virus.

No. Just no.

Most people who get into cars arrive safely at their destinations. Pointing out that there are crashes isn't fear mongering or denying the wonderful convenience automobiles have brought into our lives. It's simply stating a reality.

The reality is that scientists make mistakes. Not always. Not most of the time. But they get things wrong. More studies, longer studies, new knowledge.... it changes things.

Let me be clear. I am NOT saying this new vax is dangerous. I'm saying it's not been proven safe yet. And this is a simple fact. To deny it is like to deny the sky is blue.

However great you think vaccines may be for mankind is nothing to do with THIS vaccine. It is, as you noted, mRNA, and we have no long term studies of people having taken any mRNA vaccines. The fact that you have decided it's perfectly safe does not make it so. Perhaps in time the studies will show that to be true. For now they don't show that because they don't exist.

I for one will continue to rely on my immune system, on the excellent advice of my doctor, and Hashem for the protection of my health. This has served me very well so far.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 1:32 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
We don't yet see the bad iud the covid vaccine, but we do see the good.

Look at EY, closing covid wards, almost no cases

I hope you are right. I wish only good for EY.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 6:45 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
My daughter has been bedridden for 6 months now. They have no idea how to cure her and there are thousands of other young people in the same boat. So no, the long term effects are NOT reversible. She's 16. She should have been enjoying 11th grade with her friends. Instead she can barely stand to take a shower
Open your eyes! You're being brainwashed by anti-vax monsters

Have u done bloodwork for Lyme disease? Covid has brought out many patients underlying lyme disease? If she can't walk, test her!

imasinger

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You are correct- it is not dh's specialty, and from what I am hearing no doc really understands all of it.

A medical background may not provide him with direct expertise.

But chances are, it provides him with a sense of where to turn to find it.

What specialty would you trust? Epidemiology?

Because an overwhelming percentage of epidemiologists are saying the sooner we get vaccinated, the safer the world will be.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:08 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
How do you know that every single person OP's daughter comes in contact with has been vaccinated?

Why does OP's daughter get to skip the vaccine and count on everyone else doing their due diligence? What about the people who cannot get the vaccine for various preexisting conditions?

I'm not making light of the struggles of people who have infertility, but right now there is no proven link - it's all anecdote. What we do know is that having Corona while pregnant can be extremely dangerous, if not deadly. The rate of miscarriage is extremely high. There's no point worrying about fertility if she gets sick and can't carry to term, or if she ends up on a ventilator with a high risk pregnancy.

If I were OP, I would rather have my daughter protected from Covid, and if worse comes to worse she could look into using a donor egg, a surrogate, or adoption.

As a matter of fact, my 17yo DD just got her second vaccine, and I couldn't be happier.

The reason why there's no proven link is because there's been no long term study.

Why is the vaccine not FDA approved?

little neshamala

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:22 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I'm interested to know how we are defining mild cases. I'm referring to people who were never hospitalized, AND never had their oxygen drop below [pick a reasonable number] for any extended period of time. AND no other serious symptoms aside from the expected fever (not dangerously high), light cough, fatigue. Are people in that category suffering long term effects? And what percentage of all people who had mild covid does this group comprise?

The 2 people I spoke about earlier-the young, previously healthy ones with new neurological and cardiac issues, that their neurologist/cardiologist told them to expect to be lifelong....they both meet your criteria of having had mild covid.

The cardiac issues one: had a fever for a few days and a very bad cough, but never felt short of breath or had any other symptoms. She was not even bedridden, just stayed home.

The neurological issues one: had round the clock fevers for over 5 days, but no cough, no short of breath, only other symptom was body aches and weakness. She "just stayed home in pajamas and watched tv all day, just felt like had the flu".

I know, because I asked both specifically.

cookiewriter

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:26 am
My kids all had covid so I do not plan on vaccinating any for a long time. Basically ever unless I am forced to.
First I want to see other people who have been vaccinated get pregnant and have healthy babies.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I'm interested to know how we are defining mild cases. I'm referring to people who were never hospitalized, AND never had their oxygen drop below [pick a reasonable number] for any extended period of time. AND no other serious symptoms aside from the expected fever (not dangerously high), light cough, fatigue. Are people in that category suffering long term effects?

The answer to your questions is yes. Based on the articles I’ve read (there was a feature in the New York Times magazine a few weeks back, as well as articles in other publications) most of the “long haulers” had mild cases and were never hospitalized and often had just a fever or cough. The long hauler symptoms actually often start AFTER their initial symptoms go away and they think they’ve recovered.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:58 am
https://www.reuters.com/articl.....BM3BZ

Here is an interesting article. It seems that T cells from natural infection show to be more protective to the newer more virulent strains so far.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:17 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Have u done bloodwork for Lyme disease? Covid has brought out many patients underlying lyme disease? If she can't walk, test her!

It brought out auto immune diseases that virus in general do. I would start there

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:13 am
No. Just no.

Most people who get into cars arrive safely at their destinations. Pointing out that there are crashes isn't fear mongering or denying the wonderful convenience automobiles have brought into our lives. It's simply stating a reality.

The reality is that scientists make mistakes. Not always. Not most of the time. But they get things wrong. More studies, longer studies, new knowledge.... it changes things.

Let me be clear. I am NOT saying this new vax is dangerous. I'm saying it's not been proven safe yet. And this is a simple fact. To deny it is like to deny the sky is blue.

However great you think vaccines may be for mankind is nothing to do with THIS vaccine. It is, as you noted, mRNA, and we have no long term studies of people having taken any mRNA vaccines. The fact that you have decided it's perfectly safe does not make it so. Perhaps in time the studies will show that to be true. For now they don't show that because they don't exist.

I for one will continue to rely on my immune system, on the excellent advice of my doctor, and Hashem for the protection of my health. This has served me very well so far.

NO, JUST NO!

Your analogy of cars is not the right one. Rather lets compare it seat belts. You are aware that seat belts have taken some lives too. People haven't been able to get out of their burning or water filled cars in time, because they were trapped by the seat belts. Should we run with the headline that seat belts kill people, or should we run with the headline that seat belts save lives?

There is no such thing as a perfect scenario. Everything in life has a risk to it. The risks always got to be weighed in context. Making a risk, and a miniscule one at that, your primary focus, and ignoring all the rest, is just wrong. It's even more wrong, when you attempt to mislead people with it.

Let's take another analogy. Antibiotics kill about 500 people per year, due to an allergic response to them. Should the focus on antibiotics be about these 500 'crashes', or should the focus be on the wonderful 'convenience' of saving millions of lives each year. You can point out the miniscule risk so people can have awareness and take precautions, but to villify antibiotics because of the miniscule risk is ridiculous.

Similarly, vaccine has provided us with an enormous 'convenience' - the millions and millions of saved lives and the lifelong disabilities it has avoided for millions. Yes, it isn't perfect, and there have been some injuries (some 'crashes). But these injuries are miniscule in number compared to the successes, just like antibiotics. In this case, we already have 564 million dosages administered (and rising), and the number of injuries are negligible. That alone speaks to its safety.

And as for long term, you need to view the full context, not just run with a tiny part in the equation. This is the current situation:

On one side of the equation we have:
- Covid 6x more deadly than the flu (as reported today);
- significant number of long haulers even among the younger crowd
- significant number of people who don't respond to the current treatment protocols
- pregnant people suffering severe consequences
- a vaccine that has demonstrated short term safety
- a vaccine with the only new contents being the mRNA a known substance to the body - a substance that your body produces in the millions every split second
- a vaccine that its new contents, the mRNA, is degraded within hours
- a vaccine that only introduces one protein of an entire virus, instead of exposing us to the full amount if the virus hits you
- a debunked theory about an infertility link. if anything CV itself has a greater potential to cause infertility in men (CV can affect testicles).
- a political environment that's restrictive and probably won't let up till everyone is vaccinated.

On the other side we have:
- a miniscule risk of a long term effect, with not even a possible suggestion of what that concern can be.

Now, everyone is entitled to make a decision for themselves. But no one is entitled to play up their own fears and make that out to be the capital factor in this situation. Fear mongering and false hype is just wrong. It's main purpose is just to get people to be in the same camp like you so you can feel better about your decision, because the larger the number in your group the better you'll feel about your decision.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:24 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
NO, JUST NO!

Your analogy of cars is not the right one. Rather lets compare it seat belts. You are aware that seat belts have taken some lives too. People haven't been able to get out of their burning or water filled cars in time, because they were trapped by the seat belts. Should we run with the headline that seat belts kill people, or should we run with the headline that seat belts save lives?

There is no such thing as a perfect scenario. Everything in life has a risk to it. The risks always got to be weighed in context. Making a risk, and a miniscule one at that, your primary focus, and ignoring all the rest, is just wrong. It's even more wrong, when you attempt to mislead people with it.

Let's take another analogy. Antibiotics kill about 500 people per year, due to an allergic response to them. Should the focus on antibiotics be about these 500 'crashes', or should the focus be on the wonderful 'convenience' of saving millions of lives each year. You can point out the miniscule risk so people can have awareness and take precautions, but to villify antibiotics because of the miniscule risk is ridiculous.

Similarly, vaccine has provided us with an enormous 'convenience' - the millions and millions of saved lives and the lifelong disabilities it has avoided for millions. Yes, it isn't perfect, and there have been some injuries (some 'crashes). But these injuries are miniscule in number compared to the successes, just like antibiotics. In this case, we already have 564 million dosages administered (and rising), and the number of injuries are negligible. That alone speaks to its safety.

And as for long term, you need to view the full context, not just run with a tiny part in the equation. This is the current situation:

- significant number of people who don't respond to the current treatment protocols
- a vaccine with the only new contents being the mRNA a known substance to the body - a substance that your body produces in the millions every split second
- a vaccine that only introduces one protein of an entire virus, instead of exposing us to the full amount if the virus hits you
- a debunked theory about an infertility link. if anything CV itself has a greater potential to cause infertility in men (CV can affect testicles).
- a political environment that's restrictive and probably won't let up till everyone is vaccinated.

- a miniscule risk of a long term effect, with not even a possible suggestion of what that concern can be.

Now, everyone is entitled to make a decision for themselves. But no one is entitled to play up their own fears and make that out to be the capital factor in this situation. Fear mongering and false hype is just wrong. It's main purpose is just to get people to be in the same camp like you so you can feel better about your decision, because the larger the number in your group the better you'll feel about your decision.

I really agree with this

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
From what I am hearing the vaccine will be open to the next phase- pretty much anyone over 16. DD is 20 and there is an unrealistic part of me that is worried that- what if the science is wrong- what if this vaccine messes with reproduction. etc. DH (a doctor) thinks everyone should get the vaccine as being protected is way better than getting sick. I still worry. (yes, I was vaccinated). Am I out of my mind?

Haven’t read the whole thread, but just so you know I got vaccinated and then pregnant bH

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 12:28 pm
Just read the whole thread. Before I was also pretty skeptical about the vaccine and just and have to say the "anti covid vax" posts on here probably are more convincing than the "pro covid vax" posts.

Saying all the long term effects of Covid are reversible? Comparing the vaccine to other medical mistakes but then saying comparing this vaccine with other vaccines is irrelevant? 🤣

Sorry guys, you gotta come up with something better.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 1:14 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
NO, JUST NO!

This is my favorite post on this website.
Standing ovation! 👏

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 1:44 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
People with mild cases as a general rule, don't have long term effects. Extremely rare.

The asympotmatic carrier myth was propagated endlessly by the media but large studies have debunked it. (Virus spreads via droplets, ie, symptoms, like sneezing. People with no symptoms are not thought to spread viruses, why would we assume covid is different in the first place?)

Again, highly, highly unusual for someone with no symptoms, young and in a low risk category, to suddenly die. Early treatment works. But this HAS happened with the vaccines.

I think organ damage is estimated to affect up to 45% of people who had COVID. We don't even know how much damage it's done.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics