Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone went to American Dream Waterpark tonight-thoughts??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 1:04 am
I was there tonight and thought it was totally chaotic was wondering other people’s thoughts at girls night rented out tonight chol hamoad ..

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:37 pm
My daughter went with a bunch of friends. She said there were so many people there she ended up going in just 3-4 rides. Spent rest of the time in the wave pool or lazy River. I’m very proud of her for acknowledging that it was definitely not worth it.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:44 pm
I find all these things end up not being worth it during chol hamoed, midwinter etc.
I’d rather go to a local park and save hundreds of dollars and go to them another time.

Reality of living in town (or in Florida I guess).

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:51 pm
My husband is there w/the boys now.... don’t know how it is didn’t hear from them.
I am sure it’s crowded.
But how else can boys get to do these things, unless it’s rented out like this for an event ? How else can mixed swimming be avoided ?

clowny

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:57 pm
My girls were there last night. They got to go on 1 ride and then spend time in the wave pool. After waiting so long on line for that one ride they had zero patience to wait again. But they had a great time. So that’s what counts.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:00 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
My husband is there w/the boys now.... don’t know how it is didn’t hear from them.
I am sure it’s crowded.
But how else can boys get to do these things, unless it’s rented out like this for an event ? How else can mixed swimming be avoided ?

We just don’t go... we go other places. It’s okay

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:19 pm
It was a disaster got to go on one ride waited for 3 hrs. Spend alot of money we all got to go on only one ride and waited on line whole time.. they overbooked was packed to sardines..place was chaotic way too many people ..not enough staff.. no clocks so couldnt tell the time while waiting..no1 controlling the lines.. people cutting/saving spots..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:22 pm
They should have a limit to how much u cud controll and not have to wait on line whole time and esp during times like these unsave to be packed to sardines on all the lines and everywhere ..

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:23 pm
Were you expecting different?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:27 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
We just don’t go... we go other places. It’s okay

I think she was referring to the poster who said it's not worth it to do these things on chol hamoed, better to go a different time. I was wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering how American Dream doesn't lose their license to run this. There are covid regulations. Yes, the mall was packed the past few days, but in the water park you can't mask.

My dd would love to go. She has been begging. But her school saw what happened last time and said that anyone who goes has to quarantine before coming back.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:39 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I think she was referring to the poster who said it's not worth it to do these things on chol hamoed, better to go a different time. I was wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering how American Dream doesn't lose their license to run this. There are covid regulations. Yes, the mall was packed the past few days, but in the water park you can't mask.

My dd would love to go. She has been begging. But her school saw what happened last time and said that anyone who goes has to quarantine before coming back.

I am the poster who said we don’t go during C”H Smile
The same poster.
I just don’t think it’s fun at all or worth that amount of money with the crowds. Obvispily many agree with me and that’s why they go!!!

A few years ago we took my kids to crayola during chol hamoed and it was the same thing. We paid over $100 and each line was over an hour long to spend 30 seconds doing something then back in another line. It was miserable. I called and complained after and they said they hadn’t gone over fire Marshall’s safety regulations. I said I’m not telling you it’s unsafe I’m just saying it’s unfair to sell tickets when we cannot do any of the attractions reasonably. They actually gave me a refund and I’m now a member there and go occasionally on a Sunday (I don’t have a boy in school yet so it’s easier for me).

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:44 pm
Don’t go during chol hamoed. We were there another time and it was totally empty. No lines. Even for boys it was ok, not too many people and mostly dressed pretty modestly with cover ups etc.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:48 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I am the poster who said we don’t go during C”H Smile
The same poster.
I just don’t think it’s fun at all or worth that amount of money with the crowds. Obvispily many agree with me and that’s why they go!!!

A few years ago we took my kids to crayola during chol hamoed and it was the same thing. We paid over $100 and each line was over an hour long to spend 30 seconds doing something then back in another line. It was miserable. I called and complained after and they said they hadn’t gone over fire Marshall’s safety regulations. I said I’m not telling you it’s unsafe I’m just saying it’s unfair to sell tickets when we cannot do any of the attractions reasonably. They actually gave me a refund and I’m now a member there and go occasionally on a Sunday (I don’t have a boy in school yet so it’s easier for me).

I meant many people disagree with me. Typo sorry

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Don’t go during chol hamoed. We were there another time and it was totally empty. No lines. Even for boys it was ok, not too many people and mostly dressed pretty modestly with cover ups etc.

I hear that , but general admission is still expensive .. how can you know in advance that boys will be able to go swimming and there won’t be crowds if you buy tickets for any random day ?

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:52 pm
My DD and neice went and loved it. What's the deal with everyone dressed with tights and all? THE POINT of an ALL FEMALE water park is that you can swim comfortably. With a bathing suit. A bikini if you want. What the heck.

professor

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:55 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I am sure it’s crowded.

Do they go to camp? Most boys go to a water park at least once a year.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:57 pm
Soo husband just txt me that it’s fine, there are def a lot of people there..... but everyone is spread out among many rides... nothing about being too overcrowded

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:59 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
My DD and neice went and loved it. What's the deal with everyone dressed with tights and all? THE POINT of an ALL FEMALE water park is that you can swim comfortably. With a bathing suit. A bikini if you want. What the heck.

You can look into the waterpark from several places throughout the mall. They can also have male lifeguards and staff. They don't promise an all female staff.
Many women are also makpid on tzenuis between women, kol hakavod for them. I also don't think it's appropriate to wear a bikini at a waterpark even if all female. I've never seen a frum women in a bikini.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:01 pm
My brother's went to the boys night on Tuesday, it was not crowded at all, they had a wonderful time. My sister and cousin went last night, was so overcrowded they didn't get to do much. Wasn't worth the $110 plus transportation fees.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:35 pm
I went to the amusement park today. Got there at opening time and waiting 1.5 hours for one ride. After that I had enough . I went to the manager and asked for a refund. He gave me tickets to come back another day. It’s a massive chutzpah, bordering on cruel behavior to charge $85 a ticket when they know full well that allowing in that many people results in everyone waiting on line for hours and getting to go on 3-4 rides at most. I was literally burning mad. I don’t understand how they can do that to people.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics