Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
New York legalises marijuana?
1  2  Next

Would you use legal marijuana?
Yes  
 31%  [ 29 ]
No  
 68%  [ 64 ]
Total Votes : 93

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 2:06 am
Why now?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/york.....75175

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:56 am
Why would I? If they legalize prostitution, would I do that?

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 8:16 am
But why pass this now? The timing seems so random, from this side of the pond

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 8:17 am
yo'ma wrote:

I would not compare the two. Alcohol seems to be a much closer analogy to natural weed.

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 8:30 am
Marijuana is something that was always very easily available- legal or not ....

I don’t think that people that will start using it now specifically because it’s legal.

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:54 am
cnc wrote:
Marijuana is something that was always very easily available- legal or not ....

I don’t think that people that will start using it now specifically because it’s legal.

Exactly. The only reason I can think of that would cause them to legalise it now is because the state needs the tax revenues, but setting up that whole system and enforcing regulations on what was otherwise a free market is going to be a HEADACHE.

It just seems so random, considering everything else NY is dealing with, for this to be on the table now.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:56 am
Rappel wrote:
Exactly. The only reason I can think of that would cause them to legalise it now is because the state needs the tax revenues, but setting up that whole system and enforcing regulations on what was otherwise a free market is going to be a HEADACHE.

It just seems so random, considering everything else NY is dealing with, for this to be on the table now.

Except that NJ just did it as well, in their November election. Since so many people travel to and from, this will likely cut down on the bigger headache of who has drugs where.

number

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:58 am
Rappel wrote:
But why pass this now? The timing seems so random, from this side of the pond
New Jersey legalized it a few months ago and now they’re rushing to get the regulations in place and start selling it. They want to beat the neighboring states so they get the customers.
Probably ny wants their slice of the marijuana pie.

Fave

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:00 am
Just because of the smell, I won’t try it.

itsmeima

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:01 am
Besides the smell, I can't think of a good enough reason why not. This is excellent news for the sick (who desperately need it)!

Where I live it's been legal for a while now.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:05 am
itsmeima wrote:
Besides the smell, I can't think of a good enough reason why not. This is excellent news for the sick (who desperately need it)!

Where I live it's been legal for a while now.

It has been legal for the sick all along. My mother’s late DH had cancer and she had a special card that authorized her to pick up medical marijuana for him. I don’t know how he used it. It looked like a type of herb in a bag. But they were doing it 100% legally.

keym

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:07 am
What bothers me about NY is the lack of "citizen input". NJ had it as a referendum in the November election. Every voter voted yes/no. Majority wins, now we're hammering out the details. I'm not thrilled about it, but the people have spoken.
In general it bothers me when these big things get decided in Assembly, not Referendum.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:08 am
So the legislature passed it? I thought it would go to the voters.

itsmeima

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:10 am
thunderstorm wrote:
It has been legal for the sick all along. My mother’s late DH had cancer and she had a special card that authorized her to pick up medical marijuana for him. I don’t know how he used it. It looked like a type of herb in bag. But they were doing it 100% legally.

Interesting, I did not know that!
I wonder who did and who didn't qualify. Did people with chronic illnesses qualify?

itsmeima

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:12 am
keym wrote:
What bothers me about NY is the lack of "citizen input". NJ had it as a referendum in the November election. Every voter voted yes/no. Majority wins, now we're hammering out the details. I'm not thrilled about it, but the people have spoken.
In general it bothers me when these big things get decided in Assembly, not Referendum.

Yes, it's so disappointing! It should have been a referendum.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:13 am
About freaking time given the resources wasted on locking people up for using it. If you plan to partake, know your indicas and sativas. L'chaim.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:34 am
Rappel wrote:
I would not compare the two. Alcohol seems to be a much closer analogy to natural weed.

I would because I wouldn’t do either. Just because something is legal, does not make it right. I would put it in the category of cigarettes, not alcohol.

number

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:38 am
yo'ma wrote:
I would because I wouldn’t do either. Just because something is legal, does not make it right. I would put it in the category of cigarettes, not alcohol.
Cigarettes equal smoke. Marijuana doesn’t, there are many ways to consume it. So depending on how someone takes their marijuana it can be closer to alcohol or closer to cigarettes. Lol
I don’t really see the big deal. It’s not like they’re legalizing crack cocaine. That I would have a real problem with.

ally

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:39 am
itsmeima wrote:
Interesting, I did not know that!
I wonder who did and who didn't qualify. Did people with chronic illnesses qualify?

Everyone qualified. The medical card was a joke.

monkeymamma

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:55 am
yo'ma wrote:

I believe NY already decriminalized prostitution.

[edited]
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics