Home

Attn amothers who use nothing on pesach
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


tp3




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:35 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Wondering why you don’t eat matza chol hamoed?

We can if we're hungry but we dont end up getting to that point. Also we don't put anything on matzah till the last day and matzah plain is kind of bland.
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
They don't eat meat year-round not because of a dislike for meat; they don't eat meat because of kashrus.
Ok that I kind of understand. Although I feel bad for them. I guess your husband never had meat until he married? He obviously survived b’h.
Back to top

doodlesmom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:38 pm
tp3 wrote:
We can if we're hungry but we dont end up getting to that point. Also we don't put anything on matzah till the last day and matzah plain is kind of bland.

We eat so much matzah! And I also have tons of food, but they want the filling carbs.
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:39 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
A lot of yekkes who kept to old minhagim eat no chicken or turkey on pesach. But we do eat lots of meat
That I’ve heard of. But that’s not too hard. Meat is a much more complete meal.
Back to top

sneakermom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:43 pm
tp3 wrote:
We can if we're hungry but we dont end up getting to that point. Also we don't put anything on matzah till the last day and matzah plain is kind of bland.


We hardly eat matzah for the same reason. Always have so many pounds left over! (Afraid to be stuck with too little but then what do you do with the leftovers). My husband actually put them away for next year:). We’ll see if they’re still edible.
Back to top

sneakermom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:46 pm
If you eat nothing then you need to rely on shmaltz, potatoes, meat, chicken and peelable veg. And eat that in how many variations you can.

It’s hard work. In my family we eat oil, dairy, sugar, potato starch, cocoa, chocolate, etc. which is a whole different catagory.
Back to top

tp3




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:02 pm
sneakermom wrote:
We hardly eat matzah for the same reason. Always have so many pounds left over! (Afraid to be stuck with too little but then what do you do with the leftovers). My husband actually put them away for next year:). We’ll see if they’re still edible.

We bought 12 lbs and it was just barely enough. As my kids grow I have to learn to adjust how much we need. Next year I'll buy 16.
We went through 100 lbs of potatoes, 3 cases cucumbers, a case of tomatoes, avocados, bananas, 2 cases apples, 2 cases oranges, 25 dozen eggs, and much more. I have nothing left over. To consume all that in a week and a half is kind of shocking.
Back to top

doodlesmom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:46 pm
tp3 wrote:
We bought 12 lbs and it was just barely enough. As my kids grow I have to learn to adjust how much we need. Next year I'll buy 16.
We went through 100 lbs of potatoes, 3 cases cucumbers, a case of tomatoes, avocados, bananas, 2 cases apples, 2 cases oranges, 25 dozen eggs, and much more. I have nothing left over. To consume all that in a week and a half is kind of shocking.


Omg that is a lot of cases.
We probably ate 26 lbs of matzah, but the rest...
Wow!
Back to top

tweety1




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:52 pm
tp3 wrote:
We bought 12 lbs and it was just barely enough. As my kids grow I have to learn to adjust how much we need. Next year I'll buy 16.
We went through 100 lbs of potatoes, 3 cases cucumbers, a case of tomatoes, avocados, bananas, 2 cases apples, 2 cases oranges, 25 dozen eggs, and much more. I have nothing left over. To consume all that in a week and a half is kind of shocking.

It's not so much for a family at all. I can totally relate to these numbers. Although cucumber salad and carrot salad didn't go by me this yr. Other foods did. I made lots of cake and cookies with these limited ingredients to nosh on.
Back to top

tp3




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:19 pm
tweety1 wrote:
It's not so much for a family at all. I can totally relate to these numbers. Although cucumber salad and carrot salad didn't go by me this yr. Other foods did. I made lots of cake and cookies with these limited ingredients to nosh on.

Would love to hear some cake and cookies recipes with limited ingredients. I have a total of one recipe- banana cake.
Back to top

doodlesmom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:07 pm
tp3 wrote:
Would love to hear some cake and cookies recipes with limited ingredients. I have a total of one recipe- banana cake.

123 cookies don’t fit your criteria?
It’s nuts, sugar and eggs.
Back to top

Amelia Bedelia




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:12 pm
tp3 wrote:
Would love to hear some cake and cookies recipes with limited ingredients. I have a total of one recipe- banana cake.

Do you use cocoa and potato starch?
Back to top

tweety1




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:20 pm
tp3 wrote:
Would love to hear some cake and cookies recipes with limited ingredients. I have a total of one recipe- banana cake.

Do you have any cookbooks? I made a delicious not dry sponge cake. I think I might have lost the recipe. I have to look for it.
Back to top

tp3




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:22 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
123 cookies don’t fit your criteria?
It’s nuts, sugar and eggs.

It doesn't work well with liquid sugar. I tried many times.
Back to top

tp3




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:23 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Do you use cocoa and potato starch?

Nope. Maybe one day.😅
Back to top

tp3




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:24 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Do you have any cookbooks? I made a delicious not dry sponge cake. I think I might have lost the recipe. I have to look for it.

Imamother is my cookbook. Smile
Back to top

tweety1




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:26 pm
tp3 wrote:
Imamother is my cookbook. Smile

Get yourself the balabustas choice pesach cookbook. It's great for ppl like us Smile
Back to top

tweety1




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:27 pm
tp3 wrote:
Imamother is my cookbook. Smile

I didn't realize, you only use liquid sugar? Google Italian meringue.
Back to top

amother




Navy
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:31 pm
I was just thinking. You don’t buy anything prepared in any way but the main thing matza you buy prepared. Matza is the only problem because it has flour and water and it might be chometz. You have someone else make it for you.
Back to top

doodlesmom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:38 pm
tp3 wrote:
It doesn't work well with liquid sugar. I tried many times.


Hope you make lemon sorbet with that liquid sugar.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 4 of 8 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Nicknames for Pesach?
by amother
9 Today at 12:05 pm View last post
Attn home owners, what maintenance is necessary 8 Tue, Oct 19 2021, 3:43 pm View last post
by tp3
Attn iPhone owners
by amother
18 Mon, Oct 11 2021, 4:14 pm View last post
Colourpop Matte Liquid Lipsticks in any Pesach books?
by amother
6 Sat, Oct 02 2021, 8:29 pm View last post
Attn Monsey area: how popular is MVP insurance vs. fidelis
by amother
1 Fri, Sep 10 2021, 12:40 pm View last post