Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
S/o bonus, did you get one for Pesach
1  2  3  Next

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:27 pm
Did you get a pesach bonus? What was the amount?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:28 pm
Nope

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:29 pm
Nope.
I worked at 4 jobs over the years, only got bonuses from one of them. I think it was more "end of year holiday" bonus though, not Pesach.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:30 pm
Israel
We get presents for Pesach and Sukkot. My company gave us a choice of about a dozen options. I got a Kitchenaid mixer. Made my Pesach cooking very happy.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:33 pm
No, but they do give money to employees who really need it.

Ima Piano

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:33 pm
Nope!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:40 pm
My husband gave $500 to those not making pesach, and $1000 to those making pesach.
Is that fair?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:42 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
My husband gave $500 to those not making pesach, and $1000 to those making pesach.
Is that fair?

It's a lot more fair and professional to give everyone equally. As someone who made the whole pesach and got a bonus, I'd rather everyone get $750 than I would get $1000 and someone else $500.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:45 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
It's a lot more fair and professional to give everyone equally. As someone who made the whole pesach and got a bonus, I'd rather everyone get $750 than I would get $1000 and someone else $500.

It’s by chance happens that those getting the $1000, are veteran workers, with higher salaries, does that change anything.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:47 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
It’s by chance happens that those getting the $1000, are veteran workers, with higher salaries, does that change anything.

Of course it changes things, makes sense. Either way it's generous and thoughtful of your husband, and so appreciated by the employees, I am sure!

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:49 pm
My dh works for a frum employer.
He always gives pesach. Sometimes succos.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:51 pm
No.

I’m assuming this is a thing done by frum employers?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:51 pm
I work for a school. I got $500.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:54 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Is that fair?

Did he ask who would be making Pesach, or just make assumptions based on marital status?

The single girl obviously only got 500. Despite the fact that her income might be I instrumental to the family making Pesach.

The newly married couple? Maybe going to her parents for the sedarim, and his parents for last days, but home for Chol HaMoed. Are they making Pesach? Did she get 500 because she won't be home for Yom Tov, or 1000 because they will be home Chol HaMoed? She might have extra expenses buying Pesach dishes for the first time, or they might just get all their food from their parents and use disposable for a week.

What about the well established couple whose parents are taking them to a hotel for the week? They aren't making Pesach. How much do they get?

The divorced woman who lives alone and will be at home for Pesach but going out for the seders? She doesn't have children, so no extra expense there, but she still needs to clean her house and buy Pesach food. What category does she fall into?

Its impossible to fairly judge anyone else's financial status and needs, however well you think you know them. If he is giving a bonus, make it equal all round.

PearlyGee

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:57 pm
My brother's boss gives every year before pessach this year he didn't give he said everyone got stimulus they weren't happy obviously but jtb

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:58 pm
Yes, $250 in gift cards (not sure why, I would have preferred a check but truly no complaints, I'm very grateful.) I only started working here a few months ago, albeit management level, so I was not necessarily expecting a bonus.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 1:00 pm
Elfrida, I think your post is a bit harsh.
Her husband gave everyone at least $500. He's not obligated to give anything.
Sounds like the veteran workers got more, which does make sense.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 1:33 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Elfrida, I think your post is a bit harsh.
Her husband gave everyone at least $500. He's not obligated to give anything.
Sounds like the veteran workers got more, which does make sense.

If the conditions were that people who have been more than five years at the company get a higher amount and the relative newcomers get less, that is one thing. Then the bonus is directly linked to experience, loyalty and value to the company.

Since she said the criteria were who was making Pesach and who wasn't, and the link to experience was purely coincidental, I think there is far too much space for judging a person's needs based on community stereotypes without any reference to their real situation. In this case it makes more sense to equally distribute the bonus.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Is that fair?

It's not fair or professional but as the boss, he can do whatever he wants and no one has to know how much anyone else is getting.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 2:14 pm
My friend got a 1000 for purim and 1,000 for pesach. Umm
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics