Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
ISO credit card w a financial limit

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:10 am
How do I work giving an adult child a credit card, w a financial limit?

What are my options?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:13 am
You can do it through American Express. Not sure how to since we were the recepients, not the main cardholder. Just know that it's possible.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:59 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
You can do it through American Express. Not sure how to since we were the recepients, not the main cardholder. Just know that it's possible.

Thanks! Great.

OneSource

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 4:20 pm
So I use Greenlight credit cards for my kids. It's a debit card with an app to monitor spending, saving goals, etc. I use it for younger kids but it can easily do what you need for adults too. The key is that you put the money in it and they have a PIN. In stores, it's easy to use and you can't exceed the limit. Your notified of what they spend, where, etc. and they can always ask (on the fly) for you to approve an additional amount for a purchase, if they are running low. It's $5 a month to have and we love it.

Just an additional thought. It's not a credit card so there's no risk to anyone's credit.

Last edited by OneSource on Tue, Apr 06 2021, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Reality

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 4:26 pm
My kids have from American express. You call up and tell them you want a card for your child. The lowest spending limit is $200 a month.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics