Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Florida development
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:22 pm
Same. I guess what I'm looking for is more of a mixed community, with a Heimish aspect too.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:30 pm
There's affordable housing on the other side of sheridan in Hollywood Florida. I'm just waiting for the community to expand in that direction, its gonna happen!

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:35 pm
Frumme wrote:
This. That's why I posted other options outside of SWFL

SWFL as in south west Florida? What’s on the west Coast? I don’t know of any communities on the west cost of south Florida.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:37 pm
why is everyone so obsessed with Florida? How about something less hot and more country like in virginia? or delaware? why does it have to be so hot???
im yeshivish lakewood, but my husband is working. and I just wish we had a yeshivish place to move to

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:39 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I reached out (to the new Tampa community) and was told it’s quite mainstream chassidish. Yiddish speaking schools for example. My kids are right now in heimish English speaking schools. I would need the community to be a bit more mixed to be able to move. And it’s still very very small. Unless you’re looking into the older communities there.

Theres no cheder yet there and school is only till pre 1 a so on not sure where you got your info. And it is a chassidish settlement so granted they will be Yiddish speaking in the beggining.

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:43 pm
In regard to why many frum families are looking to relocate to Florida in particular:
I think because at least right now it's a Red State. Many Jews feel like a red state may be safer, regarding freedoms. Also, in a state like NJ, our property tax keeps skyrocketing. Florida already has many frum schools, shuls, etc. Personally, I grew up in Florida, and love the hot weather.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:48 pm
Regarding the new community in Tampa there won’t be a mix of different ppl only really chassidish. Anyone chassidish but a bit more open minded they don’t allow to move there. If there is a place that had a nice mix I would move!

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:03 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
There's affordable housing on the other side of sheridan in Hollywood Florida. I'm just waiting for the community to expand in that direction, its gonna happen!

Maybe we can get a few frum families to buy there. I'm willing to check it out. What blocks should I look at?

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:07 pm
I'm already in touch with a realtor. I just need to give her direction.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:17 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Theres no cheder yet there and school is only till pre 1 a so on not sure where you got your info. And it is a chassidish settlement so granted they will be Yiddish speaking in the beggining.

I know. They obviously meant the schools that will open. This was from the new Tampa community founders.
They just made it sound like it was going to be very mixed and inclusive. So I reached out and this is what I was told.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:26 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Maybe we can get a few frum families to buy there. I'm willing to check it out. What blocks should I look at?

Ask her whats available outside Emerald Hills, you can tell her the other side of Sheridan and she'll understand. Not sure there's a religious shul on that side of Hollywood, maybe a chabad, but there's literally nothing in Emeral Hills for sale at the moment, every house gets sold right away. I think it would be cool if a bunch of families bought on the other side of Sheridan where prices are cheaper and started another community over there. Its still minutes away from tons of kosher eateries, the grove, etc...but its a far walk on shabbos to the main frum community.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Ask her whats available outside Emerald Hills, you can tell her the other side of Sheridan and she'll understand. Not sure there's a religious shul on that side of Hollywood, maybe a chabad, but there's literally nothing in Emeral Hills for sale at the moment, every house gets sold right away. I think it would be cool if a bunch of families bought on the other side of Sheridan where prices are cheaper and started another community over there. Its still minutes away from tons of kosher eateries, the grove, etc...but its a far walk on shabbos to the main frum community.

This makes way more sense then starting a new community.
Way easier and infrastructure is there already

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 5:17 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
This makes way more sense then starting a new community.
Way easier and infrastructure is there already

That's the idea we're looking for. Like what Toms River and Jackson is to Lakewood.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:50 pm
Didnt read the whole thread so I dont know if this was already mentioned.

I live in Florida.

There are people trying to start new communities all the time.
A few years ago a brand new community started in east Hollywood. Afaik, they already have 10 or 12 families. Mostly young families with a kid or two. They rav and rebbetzin are very wonderful people. Also, Hollywood in general is becoming more open to the yeshivish crowd. They have a Kollel there run by Rabbi Parnes. Hollywood is close to NMB where the schools are and there are also schools in Hollywood. 45 minutes to Miamk Beach.

Also, East boca is a fairly new community.

Several years ago, several families moved out to Cooper City. I think it's about 15 minutes from hollywood. There is also Kendall which needs to be explored. Rabbi Becker is the Rav there.

All.of these communities are close enough to bus into NMB for school.

I do want to mention for those of you who are chassidish and value a chassidish education: aside from Lubavitch, there is no such thing here. I dont know much about the new Tampa community. (I think they have about 10 families) but if you are chassidish and thinking to move to Florida, know that the existing schools are run on the litvish derech. If you are ok with that, your children will be accepted. I know several chassidish families (father wears a shtreimel, kids were long payos) in our schools, but you need to be ok with not learning in Yiddish, etc.

OP, if you are really interested, I suggest you contact Rabbi Matz, head of aguda Yisroel of South Florida.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:53 pm
Although there are no chassidish schools, there is a chassidish style shul in NMB, called Khal Chassidim. The Rav is a wonderful chassidish fellow.

Also, there's a shteibel in Miami Beach. (I think they are looking for a Rav btw)

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:58 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
But why??
I'm chassidish and one of the main reasons I DON'T want to move to Tampa is because is exclusively chassidish. I don't want my children growing up narrow minded. I'd love to have a mix of all kinds of Jewish people around us. I wish you guys would be joining Tampa, then I'd be there in a whim.

This
This
This

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:59 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Regarding the new community in Tampa there won’t be a mix of different ppl only really chassidish. Anyone chassidish but a bit more open minded they don’t allow to move there. If there is a place that had a nice mix I would move!

This too

amother
Violet

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 7:03 pm
I am looking to move to Florida as well please let me know if you want to start something. . .

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 7:07 pm
Curious- can you/dh work remotely? If not what are you planning to do for about a job?

Dh and I work remotely now due to covid, but we were both informed that we will have to go back to the office one day.

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 7:20 pm
Our work is here in the Northeast. We'd have to look for something new in order to relocate.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating