Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
About Chassidic Women Davening
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:05 am
MeThinks wrote:

That's because you're not chassidic and don't know much about chassidus.

hahahahahahah 8)

Hannah!

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:20 am
MeThinks wrote:
GR wrote:
Who do you think compiled the Shulchan Aruch that brings the opinions based on Kabbalah that you are talking about? Did you learn the Shulchan Aruch in school?

I learned the Shulchan Aruch and probably know the halochos better than you. It seems that you don't know much about chassidus and kabbalah though.

Incidentally, you still haven't answered my question on how, on the one hand, you say that you pride yourself on not knowing mekoros and putting complete faith in your Rebbe, and on the other hand go around citing all sorts of mekoros (and here explicitly state that you have learned the S"A?

If you do not provide a satisfactory answer, I will feel compelled to report you to the moderators as a troll, as there is a limit to how many logical explanations I can come up with here.

Hannah!

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:24 am
MeThinks wrote:

I found that if something doesn't agree with you, you automatically assume that I'm a bt and still remember things I learned in a non-religious elementary school. That's quite offending.

Intresting that "you" are talking about being dan lekaf zchus. Read your own post above before giving mussar to others. And regarding the mekor, see my previous answer to you.

Where was I not don be'kof zechus? Please highlight the exact passage, as I cannot find it, and may need someone's help locating it so that I can begin to do teshuva.

Your previous "answer" was nothing of the sort.

Maimonides is a religious elementary school, and the vast majority of the students come from FFB families. (Unless, of course, you make the erroneous assumption that everyone who affiliates with Modern Orthodoxy is per se not frum -- in which case trust me, you do have don be'kof zechus issues.)

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:27 am
are you talking about Maimonides near Paris? my parents threatened me to put me there when I misbehaved LOL
It's not charedi, but it's definitely faaar from modern! oy!

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:30 am
GR wrote:
Hon, you've told at least two Lubavitch women so far that they don't know much about Chassidus because they are not Chassidic.
Now how you can figure that ridiculous assumption makes as much sense as your "I know better than you" argument.

If you knew Chassidus like you say you do, you wouldn't be suggesting to me to learn the Chofetz Chaim, as if that has anything to do with anything I said. It seems to me you have fun posting empty irrelevant posts.

Yes, I did mention that to Motek and to someone else. But could you explain to me how one can tell whether an Imamother member is Lubavitch, Satmar, Ger, MO, Litvish, etc.? If someone writes something that doesn't sound too chassidish, I take it for granted that they're probably not a chassid and don't understand much in chassidus. So now I know that Motek is Lubavitch.

I suggested you learn Chafetz Chaim where you will learn the halachos of Shmiras Haloshon - Loshon Horah, Rechilus and Motzi Shem Ra, because I felt that you were motzi shem ra on me for "telling Lubavitch woman they're not chassidic" and I never said that.

Hannah!

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:34 am
Ruchel -- I didn't realize that there is more than one. I meant Maimonides in Boston.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:37 am
oh ok! I thought "cool, someone here knows France" LOL

Hannah!

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:42 am
To clarify, Maimonides is a Modern Orthodox day school in Boston with a very high level of scholarship in both Limudei Kodesh and Limudei Chol.

I seriously doubt that ANY self-respecting chossid outside of Boston has heard of Maimonides, which is why I am really beginning to doubt MeThinks' authenticity. If she is who she is and was raised how she claimed to have been raised, she would not have chopped my reference at all -- but she knew enough to be offended by it.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:47 am
maybe she's bt? some bt can become VERY very into details and being as strict as possible (and I said SOME not all).

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 12:04 pm
MeThinks wrote:
GR wrote:
Hon, you've told at least two Lubavitch women so far that they don't know much about Chassidus because they are not Chassidic.
Now how you can figure that ridiculous assumption makes as much sense as your "I know better than you" argument.

If you knew Chassidus like you say you do, you wouldn't be suggesting to me to learn the Chofetz Chaim, as if that has anything to do with anything I said. It seems to me you have fun posting empty irrelevant posts.

Yes, I did mention that to Motek and to someone else. But could you explain to me how one can tell whether an Imamother member is Lubavitch, Satmar, Ger, MO, Litvish, etc.? If someone writes something that doesn't sound too chassidish, I take it for granted that they're probably not a chassid and don't understand much in chassidus. So now I know that Motek is Lubavitch.

I suggested you learn Chafetz Chaim where you will learn the halachos of Shmiras Haloshon - Loshon Horah, Rechilus and Motzi Shem Ra, because I felt that you were motzi shem ra on me for "telling Lubavitch woman they're not chassidic" and I never said that.

Each time a Lubavitch poster posted something you obviously didn't understand or know about, you made the assumption that they don't know what they're talking about. Why not ask them about it instead of telling them that they're ignorant?

Did you learn the Chofetz Chaim in your Chaseedishe school?

Does your ridiculous assumptions about learned well-versed posters being ignorant count as Motzi Shem Ra? I would think so.
But then again, in Lubavitch we don't learn the Chofetz Chaim as part of our curriculums, so you'll have to tell me what he says.

And I'm still waiting to hear which seforim you learned inside in your Chaseedishe school.

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 12:08 pm
Hannah! wrote:
To clarify, Maimonides is a Modern Orthodox day school in Boston with a very high level of scholarship in both Limudei Kodesh and Limudei Chol.

I seriously doubt that ANY self-respecting chossid outside of Boston has heard of Maimonides, which is why I am really beginning to doubt MeThinks' authenticity. If she is who she is and was raised how she claimed to have been raised, she would not have chopped my reference at all -- but she knew enough to be offended by it.

Hey, I know what Maimonides is. I even know some of the teachers (former, I think) and some students.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 12:16 pm
Hannah! wrote:
Incidentally, you still haven't answered my question on how, on the one hand, you say that you pride yourself on not knowing mekoros and putting complete faith in your Rebbe, and on the other hand go around citing all sorts of mekoros (and here explicitly state that you have learned the S"A?

If you do not provide a satisfactory answer, I will feel compelled to report you to the moderators as a troll, as there is a limit to how many logical explanations I can come up with here.

Waaaah! WHAT A TEMPER! I hope it's only here on Imamother and never at home towards your family and husband. Quite scary to live with a woman who has such a burning red kaass.

Do I have to be a bigger talmid chochom than Rashi Hakodosh?

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 12:16 pm
This thread is locked until Yael reviews it.

Yael

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 8:34 pm
methinks has been verified to be legit.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics