Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Chassidishe bochurim and cell phones
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:12 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Chester has many good boys.

Ok, it is nota knak like Alexander or Nypest but still a good yeshiva and they have good caliber boys.

The boys there in general are a bit more with it than the UTA or Queens boys.
Its a bit more open minded so to speak.

I thought Nypest shut down?

PearlyGee

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:24 pm
I didn't read all so could be this was said already what I find ironic is some ppl here understand that it today's chassidish world it's already accepted and their families do it to and therefore they say yes it's normal and accepted as blanket statement. BUT... when someone from a different chassidish world claims in her world it's not accepted she kind of gets cyber bullied for saying it as blanket statement and she has to understand there's a different chassidish world out there too. Maybe you're doing the same just on the other side of the coin???

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:28 pm
PearlyGee wrote:
I didn't read all so could be this was said already what I find ironic is some ppl here understand that it today's chassidish world it's already accepted and their families do it to and therefore they say yes it's normal and accepted as blanket statement. BUT... when someone from a different chassidish world claims in her world it's not accepted she kind of gets cyber bullied for saying it as blanket statement and she has to understand there's a different chassidish world out there too. Maybe you're doing the same just on the other side of the coin???

Not really because people from the same place she comes from deny her views. She is painting a whole community with the same brush. She belongs to a very small, fringe minority of that community.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:15 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Not really because people from the same place she comes from deny her views. She is painting a whole community with the same brush. She belongs to a very small, fringe minority of that community.

That may be true, but on the flipside, places like KY, Skver and others really are way more extreme in certain areas than people here like to make out. So that's also distorting the real picture. Making it sound different than it is in order to appear better on here is also wrong.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children