Home

Far away birthday

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

justtrying90

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 11:01 am
My father's birthday is tomorrow with Hashem's help. I am newly married and I know he really misses me since I moved away. I couldn't get my act together to do something for him in time. It's too late to send anything... (Unless like amazon one-day but I dont know). I was thinking to set up a bday party here and make a cake etc and then zoom him, but I think its a stupid idea. I would have loved to do something like a jar with his bday number of reasons why my husband and I love him, but I only thought of that now:(( I feel so bad that I'm so late. Any ideas??

BatyaEsther

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 11:06 am
A little weak is better than nothing. The whole idea is for him to feel thought of and loved.
Make a list of the birthday number of things you love about him and email it. Have a local friend pick something up. Send delivery of flowers or his favorite food. What you do is much less important than that you do.

zaq

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 11:24 am
Just pick up the phone and call him to wish him a happy bday. If you can get dh to join you in singing the Happy Bday song, so much the better, but if not, not.

It's not the gift or the shtick that matters--it's that phone call that says "you're loved and remembered." Call your dad as early in the day as you can--don't wait till an hour before his bedtime. If you wait till later, he'll have spent all day thinking you forgot about him; calling at the last minute may get you forgiveness but it won't erase all those hours that he felt bad.

Meanwhile, assuming that your dad uses email, there are plenty of online greeting card companies out there that allow you to send customized greetings, and most are free.

justtrying90

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 11:52 am
Thank you!!
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h