Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishkan Yosef Organization
Previous  1  2  3

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:13 pm
My son did eventually get his prize. He collected in 2022.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:07 am
We looked into Mishkan Yosef since my son was so excited about the prizes. We were unable to verify that the money goes to tzedaka.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 12:29 am
does ANYONE have any info about this organization?
My son collected money for them , thanks for their great prize catalogue, but I really want to make sure they're legit...

amother
Acacia

Post Sat, Apr 20 2024, 9:52 pm
I know I'm bumping up an old thread.
We live in Florida.
My sons collected a lot of money for Mishkan yosef.
Do they ship prizes?

weinberg35

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 12:16 am
Yes my son received his prize right away this year

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:44 am
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that no one here knows where the collected money goes? If anyone heard about or got helped by this organization please say something.

weinberg35

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:50 am
It’s an organization that collects money for poor people in eretz yisroel

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 9:12 pm
weinberg35 wrote:
It’s an organization that collects money for poor people in eretz yisroel
Do you know for sure or just repeating what they want you to believe?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:43 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Do you know for sure or just repeating what they want you to believe?

The booklet has haskomos
I purposely checked this year. After my son collected
Lol?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 11:35 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
The booklet has haskomos
I purposely checked this year. After my son collected
Lol?

Haskamos from someone you recognize? If so, can you verify that they gave the haskama?
(I'm the poster from above who was unable to verify what the organization does. Our attempts included a call to their Israel number. )

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 11:37 pm
My neighbor is involved with this organization and I believe it’s legitimate.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 11:44 pm
amother Opal wrote:
My neighbor is involved with this organization and I believe it’s legitimate.

Can you ask your neighbor for more information? Do they function only in the way that's known to everyone here (kids collecting on Purim in exchange for prizes) or do they raise money in other ways? How can someone qualify for assistance through their organization? Are they a documented charity in the US or Israel?

I would be pleased to have my suspicions disproved.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:00 am
My sil had a story one year. Her son collected and never got a prize. She hounded them down. It arrived really sketchy like in a bag that someone dropped off. Personally I'm against anything that makes kids collect.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 7:02 am
amother Goldenrod wrote:
Can you ask your neighbor for more information? Do they function only in the way that's known to everyone here (kids collecting on Purim in exchange for prizes) or do they raise money in other ways? How can someone qualify for assistance through their organization? Are they a documented charity in the US or Israel?

I would be pleased to have my suspicions disproved.

First of all, my neighbors are very ehrliche people. It’s not their organization. The organization belongs to a relative and they help out too. The money that gets collected is distributed to needy families in Eretz Yisroel. My neighbors kids help out by counting the money, documenting which prize each child wants … in fact, they told my kids that they don’t take prizes for themselves. They help out purely for the mitzvah that their family is involved with. My son has collected for them too. It was coincidence when he realized that the neighbors were the ones in charge of the prizes. I remember that 2 years ago there was a problem with some of the prizes but at the end, each child did receive the prize they wanted. I think there was a delay in shipment and mishkan Yosef didn’t have the prizes to give out right away. All the other years there was no issue with kids receiving their prizes. I really do trust this family involved. If you would know them, you would feel the same way. Probably the reason you are googling the organization and not finding information is because the organization is run in Eretz Yisroel.

busy mommy

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 1:17 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
I know I'm bumping up an old thread.
We live in Florida.
My sons collected a lot of money for Mishkan yosef.
Do they ship prizes?

My son also collected for them and no, they do not ship to Florida (They called me to get an address since I was under the impression that they do ship to Florida). You need to give a lakewood or ny address.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics