Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Dying chocolate

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 10:33 am
I need to make a silver color or grey color chocolate what color food coloring can I add to white chocolate to make it silver or grey?
Also I want to make STOP sign chocolate molds red and the letters white how do I make the letters STOP white?

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 11:24 am
go to a place that sells wilton (joann fabrics or other craft place) ... and buy the grey - seems like your best bet ...

good to know the chocolate didn't actually die ... I was stumped ...

BlumaG

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 4:03 pm
for the stop sign, melt the white choc n use paint brush tp apply a light layer on the letters
let dry then add the red

MahPitom

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 4:41 pm
You can make a stencil from hard paper and cut out the letterings. Then use a paintbrush to paint in the spaces.

For dying, I would not suggest making a grey color, it will look like cement. I think you can buy kosher metallic paint that you can paint on to the finished product and it gleams like real silver!

SleepingBeauty

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 8:04 am
Oh, does this mean that I can dye chocolate. I was just wondering about that. Could I take white choc. and just dye it yellow, red.... with food coloring, will it look good?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 8:45 am
you can dye white chocolate but you must use powder food coloring, not liquid it will ruin the chocolate. I have that problem now I want to dye white chocolate red and I ran out of powdered red food coloring and I can't get it now I am stuck and don't know what to do.

SleepingBeauty

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 9:12 am
Oh, sorry about that... but thanx for the info. where do I get powdered dye from?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 9:24 am
depends where you live I know The Peppermill in Boro Park has it. I don't know of any other stores.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics