Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
IGG / IGM / IGA bloodwork
Previous  1  2

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:01 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
You should really see an immunologist. Most pediatricians are not equipped to manage immunodeficiencies and should not be prescribing ivig based off of labs without a diagnosis.

Yes of course. Waiting for the appointment.... just want to know more about it, like what we’re getting into....

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:17 am
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
Can you tell me more about the ivig? Pediatrician suggested it may be helpful for dc.

FYI, this is OP, my pediatrician also mentioned IVIG, but that as soon as you stop doing it. Symptoms come back. Also, it's experimental at best. Plus he's to find a doctor to give it.

DC doesnt have chronic infections, but definitely signs of pandas and brain inflammation.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
FYI, this is OP, my pediatrician also mentioned IVIG, but that as soon as you stop doing it. Symptoms come back. Also, it's experimental at best. Plus he's to find a doctor to give it.

DC doesnt have chronic infections, but definitely signs of pandas and brain inflammation.

Can I ask who you were recommended to for an immunologist?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 10:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Ivig for pandas and autoimmunity is very different than ivig for immunodeficiency, though there is some overlap. Also, most kids with pandas have chronic infections.

Dr. Jyonouchi in New Brunswick NJ is an amazing immunologist if you suspect autoimmune encephalitis. But not necessarily for primary immunodeficiencies.

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:40 pm
Ivig for pandas and autoimmunity is very different than ivig for immunodeficiency, though there is some overlap. Also, most kids with pandas have chronic infections.

Dr. Jyonouchi in New Brunswick NJ is an amazing immunologist if you suspect autoimmune encephalitis. But not necessarily for primary immunodeficiencies.

We are not dealing with pandas.
Is this the doctor you see?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:33 pm
We are not dealing with pandas.
Is this the doctor you see?
Which dr are you seeing? Is it for a suspected immunodeficiency disorder? Where are you located?

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:55 pm
Which dr are you seeing? Is it for a suspected immunodeficiency disorder? Where are you located?

Didn’t see yet- Amanda Schneider

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 8:51 am
Didn’t see yet- Amanda Schneider
I haven’t heard of her. But if you’re in NY, dr. Orange at Columbia is tops of immune deficiency disorders.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 9:11 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Can I ask who you were recommended to for an immunologist?

I didn't get a recommendation

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 9:13 am

Yes, but how is immunodeficiency or autoimmune encephalitis diagnosed?
Other than the results in my OP, which my pediatrician ultimately dismissed, I don't have anything to go on.

What's the difference between pandas and autoimmune encephalitis and brain inflammation?

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 9:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, but how is immunodeficiency or autoimmune encephalitis diagnosed?
Other than the results in my OP, which my pediatrician ultimately dismissed, I don't have anything to go on.
What symptoms prompted the bloodwork? Do you suspect autoimmune encephalitis? An immunodeficiency disorder? Autoimmune disorder?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 11:15 am
I'm back.
I am reviewing the results again, it seems that IGG was high/positive on the Celiac Disease comprehensive panel.
Everything else was fine. (Eta: oops, that's false. Here's some more concerning results:

Igg subclasses 1-4 low
Immunoglobulins a/e/g/m, serum were low)

Any leads?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics