Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Can you suggest a baby carrier for me, for hot weather?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:39 am
I currently have a six-month-old and an Ergobaby Adapt. I've used this carrier for multiple babies after a lot of experimentation with my first few babies, so I know it's just right for me. I can get it on easily, I'm comfortable, she's happy there, and now that I live somewhere with a lot of stairs and not a lot of space I find myself using it instead of a stroller all the time.

The only problem is that it's starting to get really hot outside. I kind of want to get another carrier anyway, to keep in my car. (Sort of like instead of a "car stroller"--I don't have any extra space in my car either, so it would be a good solution for needing to do errands and quick in-and-outs.)

So: what would be the best carrier for me, that would work just as well as this one with the addition of being more hot weather friendly?

(Plus: if it has a pocket like the Ergo Original for phone/keys, that would be super ideal. Another plus: if it has a way to package itself compactly for storing it in the car. Now whenever I bring my baby carrier into and out of the car, my older kids and I call it "the octopus.")

I see that there are a million mesh choices on the Ergobaby website, but... help! Too many choices and I don't know what the difference are.

Can anyone help me, so I DON"T NEED to go down an internet research hole for a bunch of hours?

I don't need the carrier to be newborn friendly, since my baby is already six months old, but I do need it to work for a petite six month old. I see that she is not yet comfortable in my Ergo Original.

Here is a link to the page that is overwhelming me:

https://ergobaby.com/catalogse.....=mesh

Thanks in advance for any help narrowing this down!

I kind of don't want to try another brand just because I see that this carrier is perfect for me in all ways already (except breathability) so I just want something close, but if you have reason to think I SHOULD consider another brand, please share your thoughts as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics