Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How to vacation in Cancun/Playa with minimal pritzus?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 1:59 pm
I am thinking of going to Cancun/Playa del Carmen for the first time with my husband and wondering what the best way to do this with minimal pritzus is. I don't want to stay at a hotel where everywhere we turn there will be women in bikinis, and we want to be able to enjoy the beach in a relatively tznius way. Obviously we don't expect this to be the Ashdod separate beach and I understand what comes along with a tropical vacation, but I'm wondering where the best accommodations would be for minimal exposure. Any suggestions?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 2:01 pm
Stay home. Or go somewhere else

How would you think a beach vacation would a be anything other than women in bikinis?

Your expectations are out of line with reality

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 2:25 pm
I heard that Oregon is a grate place to go to the beach with out Bikinis even in the summer.

Never been there Know idea about the beaches expect that most of them are not places you go to swim.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 2:36 pm
If you need to go to the beach there will definitely be lots of women in bikinis there. There are some hotels there that offer private pools in your suite so if you stay at your pool you will be fine.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 2:38 pm
OP are you serious? Or trolling?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 3:06 pm
OP, your question is contradictory. There's no such a thing as a non pritzus beach in nice weather. Cancun is not the place for a man that's careful with shemiras ayneyim. Unless you go to banyan tree and take a room with a private pool. But it's not centr of cancun and it's a bit boring, there's nothing to see there.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 3:10 pm
Can someone help me
Im visiting NYC next week, I want to go to Momma Leone and 4 seasons and order tge best stuff on their menu , but it needs to be strivtly kosher..

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 3:17 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
If you need to go to the beach there will definitely be lots of women in bikinis there. There are some hotels there that offer private pools in your suite so if you stay at your pool you will be fine.

Thanks! Any specific recommendations? I know Banyan Tree Mayakoba has private villas, but that's out of my price range.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 3:27 pm
I'm bewildered as to why my inquiry is so puzzling to people. People who are careful about pritzus visit tropical locations all the time. How does half of Klal Yisroel visit (or live in, for that matter!) Miami? You take a private house or stay at a quiet resort, go to secluded beaches, etc. I'm not sure why this is any different. I'm simply asking for recommendations for suitable accommodations. It does not need to be in the center of Cancun or on the hotel strip. Just a nice place to stay with access to water.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm bewildered as to why my inquiry is so puzzling to people. People who are careful about pritzus visit tropical locations all the time. How does half of Klal Yisroel visit (or live in, for that matter!) Miami? You take a private house or stay at a quiet resort, go to secluded beaches, etc. I'm not sure why this is any different. I'm simply asking for recommendations for suitable accommodations. It does not need to be in the center of Cancun or on the hotel strip. Just a nice place to stay with access to water.

People that are careful with pritzus do NOT visit tropical beach locations in hot weather all the time.
Frum jews that live in Miami don't spend their days on the beach. There's nothing to do in Cancun besides for the beach and there aren't really private houses or secluded beaches there. The only option is basically banyan tree.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:53 am
People who live in Miami stay away from the beach. There's no secluded beaches in these popular places.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:07 am
A quiet resort will still have women in bikinis walking around.
No such thing as private beaches unless you are a fabulously wealthy millionaire and then you can buy a home on a beach or your own private island or something.
You are asking for something that doesn't exist.

essie14

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:43 am
I remember reading a trip report on Dan's deals where someone went on vacation with his wife to a private island.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:54 am
Op if u think that Cancun is equivalent to Miami that’s where you’re getting stuck. Miami is a city, loads of stuff going on besides the beach. Cancun is a resort town with literally nothing else to do besides a run down strip mall.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If all you want is a private house and warm sunshine rent a house anywhere. The fact that you specifically asked about going to Cancun, well known for Girls Gone Wild, is bewildering to ME. We are ‘only’ RW MO (modern on this site) and yet my husband would never go to Cancun or the like. If you want to go, leave him home. Or go elsewhere.

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:06 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Can someone help me
Im visiting NYC next week, I want to go to Momma Leone and 4 seasons and order tge best stuff on their menu , but it needs to be strivtly kosher..

lol good one! True one must choose! cant have the best of both...

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:07 am
essie14 wrote:
I remember reading a trip report on Dan's deals where someone went on vacation with his wife to a private island.

YES he went to the Maldives
on my bucket list....

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:09 am
Maybe stay in the Chabad Houses there, they are wonderful people (both the Druks in Cancun and the Goldbergs in Playa) but it probably feels more like Brooklyn than a tropical getaway there!

wiki

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:26 am
Maybe consider a trip to a Caribbean island and rent a cabin? I have no clue how one does this or the cost, but it was always my mental image/daydream of how I would do this vacation if I won the lottery.

doctorima

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:23 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
YES he went to the Maldives
on my bucket list....

I believe essie14 is referring to this:

https://forums.dansdeals.com/I.....038.0

There's another trip report of someone who was inspired by this and went to the same island, though I can't find it at the moment. The Maldives is stunning, but still not the same as your own private island. You have your own private villa, but if you walk around the resort, you may still encounter women in bikinis.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics