Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Kreplach dough

Newsie

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 10:50 am
Does anyone else have a really hard time "working" the kreplach dough. I find it to be such a difficult dough to work with, rolling, folding, whatever. Any tips?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 10:57 am
use a dough that 's easir to work with. yu can really use any kidn of dough. or get the kind from the freezer section of your grocery.

stem

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 11:02 am
Last year I bought ready made wonton wraps.

grin

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 11:04 am
I make a really easy dough in my processor - 1 cup flour to 1 egg w/salt; add water till it forms a ball.

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 11:09 am
I make the same recipe grin, but not in the food processor.

grin

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 11:14 am
it's much easier in the processor - couldn't live (the same) without it !

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 11:21 am
I actually do it the opposite, first mix the liquids and then add the flour until it turns into a nice dough.

Newsie

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 3:36 pm
What kind of bought dough could I use that would be good for kreplach? I once mistakenly tried pastry dough- which was a huge mess. The ones I put in the soup all opened up!

grin

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 3:41 pm
I think making the dough is so much easier than the rest of making the kreplach -why bother to buy it?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 3:42 pm
making dough isn't hard.

the rolling out, the filling, the sealing and the cooking - so that it won't open again - is a real art.

SZ mother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 4:29 pm
Can anyone post the greatest (but easy) recipe for the filling. I have ground turkey in the house, and couldn't find kreplach to buy anywhere!!! I don't know what happened this year, but my favorite catering didn't even make for this year, so, I want to try to make my own. I was also planning in frying them and serve hot, and not in the soup. Any great recipes out there? Any tips? I liked grin recipe forthe dough, sounds easy.
Grin: do you put in the cuisinart? I have the most simple one, wich blade you use?
TIA and CHAG SAMEACH TO ALL!!!!! I LOVE PURIM!

grin

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 7:17 pm
SZ mother wrote:
Grin: do you put in the cuisinart? I have the most simple one, wich blade you use?
TIA and CHAG SAMEACH TO ALL!!!!! I LOVE PURIM!

the sharp blade (for chopping fine).

boruchhashem

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 7:37 pm
the filling I used is, saute alot of onions, with oil, add chicken liver, and when nearly done, cut in a chilcken cutlet. Then when done, remove from flame, add an egg, and spices, blend by hand, and fill. YUMMMMM.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus